Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

Horrible affection

“Put me down!” Hayley screamed kicking her legs wildly, not even bothering Doug’s stride as her back pressed to his chest. “Put me down!” she hollered louder.

“Plan blue-ninty-two!” Jade giggled as Jake carried her upside down. Her mousy brown hair waved and dangled around his calves as his arm wrapped around her middle, her legs tucked up by his torso. Giggling again she gripped his arm for support.

“You’re not suppose to know the plans.” Jake huffed. Again Jade giggled. “I’m talking to you!” He huffed tossing her lightly, only getting a childish squeal of delight out of her. “Doug!” Jake called seeing the tall man and the struggling red-head. “Where’s Dan?” He added tossing Jade once more.

Both Hayley and Doug froze at the childish and girlish scream emitting out of Jade.

“That looks safer.” Doug noted. With Hayley’s constantly flying legs he was worried about his nuts getting kicked and before Hayley could even blink or comprehend what was being said she was flipped up side down.

“Oh my Jesus!” She screamed clawing at his arm for safety. “Don’t drop me! Please don’t drop me!” She screamed. Laughing Doug tossed like Jake was doing to Jade. “Someone save me!” Hayley screamed not finding it at amusing as Jade was.

“You wanted down a second ago.” Doug mused as Jade squealed in delight once more.

“Stop kicking!” Jake hollered at the small girl. Her legs stopped moving and tucked up towards her chest. “Where’s Dan?” He repeated. Shrugging Doug tossed Hayley with more force listening to her scream in sheer terror. “That’s for dumping water on us!” Jake laughed as he pointed his free hand at the small girl near tears.

“Wanna check the bus?” Doug tried. Shrugging Jake nodded not having a better plan. Both ignoring Hayley’s pleas to at least be flipped right side up; that she’d never plot against them again if they just gave her that little favor.

“Danny!” Jake screamed jumping up the stairs, not even watching Jade’s head barely miss each steps. Doug was at least nice enough to hold Hayley higher as he went up the bus steps, but not high enough the stairs didn’t freak the poor girl out.

“Don’t call me that!” Dan barked, anger flared in every word he spoke.

“Blue-ninety-two complete.” Dan turned looking at the girls, his eyes instantly landing on Hayley’s teary eyed form.

“Doug put her down!” Dan gasped. “Gently!” He added with a strict finger pointed at the man. Huffing Doug flipped her over while smiling, but threw her at Dan. “Shit!” San swore as both he and Hayley toppled to the ground.
Jake instantly dropped Jade of the floor listening to the giggling girl groan in dis comfort from the high fall. Sticking his tongue out at her he sat down next to Doug, blocking the exit.

“Jerk.” Jade huffed as she sat up rubbing her head. “Aww!” She cooed taking note of Hayley laying on top of Dan. “How cute!” She squeaked as the two sat up, tears slowly rolling down Hayley’s thin cheeks.

Groaning Dan grimaced at the tears, he was bad with tears. Patting her on her head gently he huffed.

“It’s okay?” He questioned. Jake and Doug snorted at their friends discomfort. “It’s okay.” He stated against with more conviction to his voice as she started to slowly hyperventilate. “No really it’s okay.” Dan gasped. Wrapping his arms around her he frowned as she began bawling into his chest. “Oh god.” He whispered pleading gently with his friends silently to help him. “Please stop crying, please stop crying. Kick Doug in the nuts if it makes you feel better, just please stop crying.” He gasped, Jake pointed at Doug laughing. Jade began rubbing Hayley’s back, small tears forming in her eyes. She didn’t want her friend to be sad. Knowing Hayley was so sad she was crying instantly made Jade feel just as sad because she didn’t know how to fix it.“Oh god not you too!” Dan gasped. “Please Hayley I’m begging you, I’ll do anything just stop crying.” He whispered defeated. She didn’t though, terror was running through her like a wild fire spreading over Southern California. “Hayley please.” He whispered. “It’s okay, I promise you’re safe nothing is going to happen.” He sighed. Instantly he looked up at Jade a few tears rolled down her cheeks. “Call Will!” He gasped. He couldn’t handle two crying girls, he could barely handle one.

“Umm...no.” Jake and Doug both stated.

“He’s on his way.” Aaron sighed as he watched from the bunk room. “Are you really dealing with someone who’s crying?” He questioned.

“Go fuck you’re self and help me make her stop!” Dan huffed annoyed. He could feel her tears slowly soaking his black shirt. “Hayley please! Stop!” He gasped. “You’re among friends.” Her head lifted out of his chest quickly.

“He nearly killed me!” She choked out. Dan grimaced at her tear choked words.

“Okay mostly among friends.” He tried. “We won’t let him hurt you. I promise. He won’t hurt you.” Jade nodded wrapping her arms around Hayley as well as more tears drizzled down her face.

“Okay.” Screaming Jade reached from Hayley as she was lifted off the ground. “Let’s go crying wonder.” Will stated as he tossed the small girl over his shoulder and began limping his way out of the bus. “Thanks.” He stated as Jake passed him back his cane.

“No! Hayley! I’m sorry!” Jade cried. Hayley sniffled as Dan tucked her back into his chest letting out a deep, annoyed breath.

“Why are you crying?” Will sighed down at the childish girl choking back sobs.

“Because...because...” She couldn’t even finish she just kept crying.

“Because Hayley was?” He tried. She nodded. Rolling his eyes he leaned in pressing his lips to hers, instantly distracting the girl from the images of her crying friend.

Jade’s tears quickly dried up as she pressed her lips back to his. Laughing against her lips he pulled back.

“Better?” He tried. Nodding she leaned in kissing his nose with a small giggle. Laughing as well Will leaned up pressing his lips to hers once more. If only Dan had know that trick.

He sat rocking bath and forth with Hayley’s shaking form as her tears silently rolled down her cheeks, not a sound a sob left in her dry lungs. His lips breathlessly formed swear words at a total loss of what to do.

“I don’t think the swearing’s helping.” Jake mused gently. Doug had long since left after apologizing to the small girl profusely.

“Fuck you Aaron, if you can do a better job then do it.” Dan huffed, physically and mentally worn out already.

“I’m fine.” Hayley sniffed hearing the irritation in his voice. Pulling back she ran her hands over her cheeks. “Fine.” She smiled at him. Narrowed his brows he watched her as she wiped at her cheeks. “Promise.” she added. Huffing Dan stood while offering her a hand. “Fine.” She stated again sniffling slightly. Letting his hand fall he walked off the bus.

“Wow.” Jake whispered in pure aw.

“What?” Hayley whispered.

“Dan never comforts anyone. He usually walks away when there are tears.” Aaron whispered softly.

“I could tell, he sucks at it.” Hayley huffed from the floor.

“No.” Aaron sighed. “You don’t get it.” He laughed. “Dan never comforts anyone. It could be his own mother and he walks away. He doesn’t do well with tears and emotion, or girls. That was all three. He never does well with that.” Hayley swallowed. “For him that was huge, he made a step forward.”

“Or two steps back.” Jake shrugged. “I mean he went a step forward then left. That’s two back.”

“Shut up Jake.” Aaron laughed. “Hayley, you have to understand some things about before we go on tour.” She nodded. “Girls freak him out he doesn’t do well with girls. For instance if you were to walk up to him giggling in a low cut shirt and twirling your hair and call him sexy he would simply think your weird where as every other guy would get your hitting on him. He doesn’t do well with tears because he was raised by an emotionless evil marine. And, he doesn’t do well with people yelling orders at him.”

“So in a since he’s a total hypocrite.” Jake added. Aaron nodded lightly.

“How?” She whispered watching between the two.

“Because Dan doesn’t get girls but girls seem to get Dan. No matter how much he does to avoid them there will always be six chasing him down. He doesn’t do well with emotions because he can’t even handle his own, and he likes to control and softly bark orders at others which he does well.” Jake stated.

“Nicely put.” Aaron nodded. Standing Jake bowed. “So for Dan that was putting a lot of care and emotion into making sure you stop showing it.” Hayley nodded slowly.

“Don’t get use to it.” Jake added with a laugh. With that Jake was gone.

“His only showed that kind of affection to one other person.” Aaron whispered while hauling Hayley to her feet. “And she just left him.” With that he escorted the stunned girl off the bus.

“You were crying because she was?” Dan gasped. Jade nodded. “Girls are ridiculous!” He gasped. Licking his lips he shook his blonde hair out of his face. “That’s it I’m becoming a priest.” He sighed. Everyone stared at him confused. “I’ll never have to deal with women again all the nuns will turn to god before they turn to me.” He stated.

“You’re going crazy.” Mike pointed out.

“Technically I’ve been crazy.” Dan huffed before exiting their bus and wandering off.

“Okay that’s weird.” Sisky stated. Aaron wandered onto the bus with a sigh.

“Seen Dan?” He asked gently.

“Yup.” They all nodded.

“And he announced he’s going to be a priest.” Michael mused. Groaning Aaron rolled his eyes.

“Not again.” He whispered leaving.

“Again?” They questioned. “We need answers.” With that half the room pulled out their phones each dialing the same number. Albert. He’d talk for sure. Jade snuggled into Will’s chest as he waited to so if Albert answered like the rest.