Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

Albert and Alicia

“Do what?” Jade asked as she picked at her dress. Aaron shrugged lightly as he set the laptop down next to her and stood up, both listening the screams and strings of swears over their heads.

“They’re fighting.” Aaron laughed softly.

“Over?” Jade asked lightly, her eyes shifting at the snort to her right. “Bite me.” She huffed at Oliver with his camera in hand. They were taking more pictures for something called ‘MySpace’. She had no clue what it was, but she did know that she could only get to it through the computer. Doug was trying to show her and failing in his attempts.

“Wait, shh.” Aaron stated as he lifted a finger, Jade waited with Oliver. “A mini cupcake.” He stated as they yelled they couldn’t share it. “Great. This will take forever till Dan gets here.” He muttered moving to instrument and picking it up.

“Well, tell them no one can have it.” She stated tipping her head to the side and watched as he picked at the strings. She wanted to learn to play, but they never had time to really teach her.

“That won’t work, but Dan’ll eat it when he gets here and shut them both up.” Aaron mused softly as he stopped at the out of tune sounds echoing off the strings. Frowning he picked up a tuner and set it in his lap. “Never fails.” He finished.

Nodding Jade looked back down at her dress and kept picking at it. She hated the pastel green color of it. She wasn’t a bright colored dress; she froze as she let her hands fall limp between her out stretched hands, no she wanted a pair of jeans like the boys had.

“You seriously don’t own anything else do you?” Oliver teased. Jade shook her head lightly.

“I don’t have money to buy anything.” She stated softly, missing the fact that Oliver nodded before he took a picture of her. She froze again, her head snapping up to him as he faced Aaron taking another picture. Jade hated Oliver taking her picture.

“Be nice.” Aaron warned lightly watching between the two. No one understood why the two fought, but they did and they couldn’t really stop them.

“What?” They both asked softly, blinking at him a bit confused by what he meant.

“Don’t fight.” Aaron laughed softly, a wide smile spreading over his lips his eyes darted between them.

“We’re not!” Jade gasped, throwing her arms up wildly.

“What she said.” Oliver mused taking another picture of Aaron.

“No, but I saw it about to start.” Both shook their heads. “Good.” He smiled.

“So, when’s you’re first show? I mean seriously… you’re MySpace is on fire, not even joking.” Oliver stated as he set his camera down next to him as he sat on the ground. Aaron shrugged lightly as the room dead silent.

“I can’t get them to stop.” A girl gasped coming down the stairs. Jade blinked a bit startled by her sudden appearance, she’d never met her before. “It’s useless.” She sighed as she threw her self onto the old couch by the basement stairs, hands over her pretty face.

“Eat the thing.” Aaron stated softly. The girls removed her hands from her face and pushed her curled blonde hair out of her face as her grey eyes narrowed at him.

“It may be tiny but I will not eat that many calories.” She snapped at him.

“Sorry.” Aaron grumbled. “Jade this is Alicia, Alicia with is Jade.” He stated pointing between the two girls. Jade waved lightly at her, a small smile at her lips.

“Hi sweetie.” Alicia stated as she waved at well.

“Hi.” Jade mumbled softly as she stood up slowly and looked up at the ceiling. She listened to several thuds before huffing. “One second.” She sighed moved up the stairs quickly and pushing the door open.

Glancing around she moved into the kitchen to find Doug and Jake rolling on the floor yelling at each other and above them on the counter sat a small little cupcake with orange frosting. It didn’t look to appetizing, no wonder Alicia didn’t want to eat it.

Stepping over the fighting boys Jade grabbed the cupcake and moved to the doorway.

“You’re stupid.” She sighed as they both froze and gasped at the fact that their beloved cupcake was being taken form them.

“Hey!” they both yelled scrambling after her as she quickly descended into the basement. “Get back here, you cupcake thief!” She paused at the bottom of the stairs.

“Who wants it?” She asked softly. No one moved as they watched her step aside letting Doug and Jake pass her quickly. “No one?” She asked,

“I do!” Jake and Doug yelled, glaring at each other for the statement.

“Okay.” She sighed throwing it into the trash bin next to her and watching as pencil shavings covered it. Shrugging she passed the two gasping at her actions with their mouths floundering like fish.

Laughing Aaron began clapping, he’d never seen anyone come between the two and their cupcake so boldly other than Dan who simply ate it.

“You threw it away!” Doug gasped.

“I know.” Jade stated as she spun and sat down on the ground and went back to playing with her dress. “No one wanted it and what’s the point in keeping food no one wants? It’ll just go bad and you’ll have to throw it away anyway.” She stated, smiling up at them as they frowned at her.

“If you weren’t so damn adorable I’d have to kill you.” Jake hushed.

“You’re only saying that because you know she can probably kick your ass.” Alicia laughed as she fiddled with a piece of her hair. “Jade, right?” She asked pointing at Jade. Jade nodded. “Where’d you get your dress?” She asked softly.

“I dunno, someone got it for me.” Jade stated.

“It’s the only thing she owns. “Alicia sat up with a gasp. “In different colors.” Oliver finished.

“You’re joking right?” Alicia muttered, the guys shook their heads slowly. “Oh dear god.” She gasped standing up and rushing to Jade. “Come on sweetie we’re going shopping.” She stated pulling Jade up the stairs.

“Hey! Hey!” Alicia ignored the yelling of the boys as she pushed the basement door open.

“Hi Dan.” She stated as Jade waved at him.

“Um… hi?” Dan muttered lightly waving back at Jade. “Where are you going?” He asked softly watching as Alicia stopped and draped her arms around Jade’s shoulders.

“Shopping.” Dan groaned. “Because this poor girl here.” Alicia muttered leaning her head against Jade’s as Jade looked up at her with big green eyes a bit confused what was going on. “Only owns one dress, do you know how sad that is?” Dan opened his mouth to respond but never got a chance. “It’s horrible and I will not allow it.” Alicia stated a firm nod as she dragged Jade out of the house. Dan sighed.

“Well there goes band practice for a few days.” He mused heading down the stairs. “So, they’re gone, I tried.” He stated as the guys looked up at him.

“What’s the point in trying?” Jake asked softly, still crest fallen from loosing his cup-cake. “I mean its Alicia, there is not telling her what to do, or what not to do.” He snorted. “I’ve learned that over the years.”

“Yeah.” Doug sighed. “You’re sister is pretty scary.” The others all nodded in agreement.

“Agreed.” Jake laughed. “So… now what?” He asked.

Jade blinked at the car inside of the car as Alicia backed out. She’d never actually been inside a car, she’d always wanted to be though.

“Do you not own shoes either?” Alicia asked softly.

“No I do, I just don’t like them. They’re ugly and uncomfortable.” Jade stated softly as house after house passed her quickly. A wide smile spread over her lips.

“Why don’t you own anything else?” Alicia asked softly.

“I’m not allowed anything else.” Jade stated lightly as she pressed her hand to the window lightly as people began passing them. The car stopped and Jade looked up at the glaring red light from them. Turning she looked at the car next to her and smiled at the elderly woman behind the wheel.

“Why not?” Alicia asked softly, watching a bit amazed by Jade’s actions. Jade shrugged.

“Because they’re mean and don’t like me.” Alicia nodded lightly, thinking she was referring to her parents and not the wardens in the asylum.

“Is that why Jake says you have to sneak out and have to be back by a certain point?” Jade nodded lightly at the true words. “Well then you can keep your cloths in my room. I don’t mind.” Alicia smiled at Jade as Jade giggled at her and clapped.

“Really?” Alicia nodded. “I don’t have money though.” Jade stated as the thought accured to her.

“I do though.”

“Don’t spend your money on me!” Jade gasped, hands slapping over her mouth. “You could get your self something! I don’t need new cloths, I can live with what I’ve got. I’ve done it so far!” She added as she shrank back into her seat.

“I want to.” Alicia stated. Jade shook her head at the thought. “Please let me buy you atleast a few things?” Jade nibbled on her bottom lip. “Please?”

“Okay.” Jade squeaked, the idea of getting new cloths getting the better of her. Alicia smiled and giggled as the light changed and they drove into town. “Wow.” Jade whispered up at the store as they entered. The man behind the counter waved at the two.

“Hi Albert.” Alicia stated to him as they stopped. “What size do you think she is?” she asked pointing at Jade looking around. “Her ‘rents only let her have that dress and she has no clue what size she is, she’s never been shopping before.” Albert gasped hands flying over his mouth as his eyes snapped to Jade, her hands pushing up her mousy brown hair as she leaned back lightly looking around the store.

“She’s adorable.” He whispered looking at her small size. Alicia looked over and nodded with a smile. “Let’s try juniors.” He added noting her small size.

“That’s what I was thinking.” Alicia conquered. “But I wasn’t too sure.” She stated grabbing Jade’s wrist and following Albert to the junior’s section. They both froze as Jade gasped, her eyes focused on the yellow and red vintage t-shirt hanging on the wall. “Wanna try it on?” Alicia asked.

“I’m fine really, I don’t need new cloths.” Jade gasped, both Alicia and Albert raised a brow at her as they crossed their arms over their chest. “I’m fine really.” She stated quickly in a small squeak.

“Try it on a humor me?” Albert stated lightly. “Just because you try it on doesn’t mean you’re buying it.” He stated, Jade shrugged lightly. “Come on sweetie, try it on and make us happy?” He tried. Jade groaned at the words.

“Okay.” She whispered, she wanted to make people happy. The two squealed as Jade groaned lightly. She didn’t want to try something on and get attached to it and then not get it, but it would make them happy so she would.

“I’m Albert by the way.” He stated pushing his long dark brown hair out of his face and honey colored eyes. Jade smiled up at him, he was kinda cute.

“Jade.” She giggled lightly waving at him as a smile spread over her face. Nodding he turned grabbed the shirt.

“Do you have a bra?” Alicia asked softly.

“A what?” Jade asked softly, blinking up at her startled.

“Oh dear god.” Both muttered as they stared down at her a bit surprised.

“I’m closing early, she needs my full attention.” Albert stated moving to the front of the store and closing the doors while turning the sign over. Jade watched thick wide blinds drop and red velvet curtains were drawn. “Alright, lets get starts.”

“This may take a few days. Her ‘rents are jerks and we’ve only got about an hour and a half.” Alicia stated as Albert pulled his hair back into a tight bun on the back of his head.

“Fine. Be here tomorrow the second you’ve got her in your hot little hands and I’ll close early again. I will not let her out into the world so naive to fashion.” He laughed pushing Jade towards the underwear, Alicia nodded following.

“You done?” Alicia called as Jade looked at her self in the mirror, she’d figured out how to put a bar on and was now staring at her self in matching bar and underwear set.

“Yeah.” Jade stated looking at her self.

“Then come out, we’ve gotta make sure it fits.” Albert stated. Nodding Jade pushed the curtain open and walking out. Waving at them they both stared at Jade in the green and pink polka-doted underwear set. They’d already agreed on a two sets of black matching sets, an orange and yellow set, and a few white sets.

“I like it. Now.” Albert stated as he looked at his watch. “I’ll hold these. You take a pair of white so it blends under her dress, and be back tomorrow.” Alicia pushed Jade back into the changing room and handed her a simple white set they’d picked. “She’s so tiny and perfect.” Albert whispered as Jade closed the curtain.

“I know, you should hear her…” Alicia stopped as someone knocked on the shop’s door. Frowning both moved to the front and pulled the door’s curtain back. Jake waved with the others.

“Yes?” Albert asked as they opened the door for them.

“We’ve gotta get Jade back like… now.” Dan stated.

“Almost done.” Alicia stated walking back at Jade pushed the curtain open. “Come on the guys are going to take you home.” She stated as Jade nodded. She’s just experienced something completely new, and it was… sorta fun.

“Bye.” Jade giggled as she waved at Albert and Alicia, they both waved as the car the guys had come in left. Albert closed the doors again and locked them.

“You were saying sweetie?” He asked softly, turning to Alicia.

“May I use the computer?” Albert nodded slowly. “Good, I’ll show you then.” She stated rushing to the computer behind the counter and logging into her mypsace.

“MySpace? Sweetie,” He laughed as he licked his lips. “I have one.” He added as he leaned on the counter, waiting for her to finished.

“Have you added them?” Alicia asked turning on the sound and moving away from the computer as Albert listened to the bad. “That’s Jade singing.” Albert’s mouth dropped open and he rushed to the computer looking at the few pictures they had up.

“Oh my god.” He whispered, stepping back slowly, hand over his mouth. “She’s a tiny little wonder isn’t she?” He gasped, Alicia nodded a wide smile on her lips. “Let’s find things that would suit the next big thing’s tiny little form, Shall we?” He asked holding his arm out to Alicia.

“We shall.” She giggled taking hold of his elbow as they moved though the store picking things out and putting them into piles for her.