Sequel: Where Did You Go?

I Am Wrecking This Evening Already and Loving Every Minute of It

Stop Stalling, Make a Name for Yourself

“Bye Mara! Don’t skip school, burn the house down, or throw a party.” Pete told Mara, who was still in her pajamas, as he was being pushed out by the house by her so he wouldn’t be late for his flight.

Two weeks have passed and Mara and Ryan were acting as if they were dating even though they haven’t even gone on a single date yet seeing how Pete was keeping them occupied. This week though Pete was leaving for New York which meant they could finally go on their first date.

Patrick chuckled as he helped Mara kick Pete out of the house and into his car that was idly waiting. They finally got him in and closed the door. Once Patrick finally got out of the gate Pete opened his window to tell Mara something.

“Don’t waste electricity, water, and food! Also, don’t forget to feed the boys Mara! Love you!” he yelled before closing the window and driving away. Almost instantly two arms wrapped around her shoulders and she saw Brendon and Ryan both with ear touching grins.

“What?” She asked them as they both turned to look at her.

“FEED US!” They both yelled before Ryan threw her over his shoulder and brought her to the kitchen. They place her down in the kitchen before taking their respective seats on the counter. She looked at them with a raised eyebrow before leaving the kitchen and heading to her room with a small chuckle.

As she was about to enter her room someone grabbed her wrist and spun around. She was going to kick him in the nuts until she realized it was Ryan. She sighed and smiled at him, glad for the first time that her instincts were slow in the morning. He smiled at her unaware of what she was supposed to do.

“Hey,” he said kissing her forehead. She smiled shyly at him before leaning against her door. “So…”

“No I will not cook you and Brendon breakfast.” She said laughing a bit before turning around to open her door but before she could he grabbed her wrist and spun her around again.

“I wasn’t going to ask you that.” He said chuckling a bit. “I was going to ask you if you wanted to go on our first date this Friday.”

“Oh,” she said softly, realizing her own stupidity. A small blush crept on her face as she looked at the floor intently. Ryan chuckled and made her look at him by putting two fingers under her chin. She stood there in silence just waiting for him to do something.

“So…you’re answer?” he asked her. She blushed again realizing he still hadn’t answered his question.

“Yeah, I would love to.” She said and kissed him on the cheek. He smiled a big smile and looked at her.

“So…about that breakfast…” he started. She laughed and hit his arm playfully.

“Fine but let me change first.” She told him. He kissed her cheek and then ran down the stairs to tell Brendon the wonderful news. She laughed as he almost tripped down the last two steps. She was about to enter her room but realized Brent had gotten out of his. He just stared at her and she rolled her eyes at him.

“Slut,” he muttered as he passed by her and went downstairs. She rolled her eyes again and ignored him thinking it was for the best. She entered her room and changed so that she could go back down and cook the boys their breakfast.

“That was good, so good.” Brendon moaned. Mara giggled from her seat on Ryan’s lap who was else very full. She took another bite from her chocolate-chip waffle covered in maple and chocolate syrup. “How can you eat anymore?” Brendon looked at her with disgust and envy.

“Maybe because I didn’t eat 12 waffles, this is only my second!” She said defending herself. Each of them, including Spencer who came down not long after Mara, had at least 12. She stopped counting after that. She took another bite and after Spencer and Brendon laughed at her. She looked at them oddly before turning to face Ryan who chuckled a bit too. “What?”

Ryan just laughed and with his long index finger he wiped the syrup that was on the corner of her mouth. She blushed a deep red realizing how stupid she must have looked and got a napkin and wiped the corners of her mouth just in case.

“You could’ve told me you know!” She said looking at Brendon.

“Yeah but then it wouldn’t have been as fun.” He said before laughing again. She just rolled her eyes before taking another bite of her waffle.

“Ry, do you want the rest of it?” She asked him too full to even eat the tiny piece left. He looked at it hesitantly about to decline her offer until she started covering it maple and chocolate syrup making him drool. “Ew, you don’t have to drool!” Ryan stuck his tongue out at him and poked the waffle with Mara’s fork and placed it inside his waiting mouth before chewing and swallowing it. She laughed at him before looking at the rest of the boys. “So what’s the plan for today?”

Hit me baby one more time! My loneliness is killing me…” Brendon sang loudly and obnoxiously. Spencer and Ryan laughed at him as Mara covered her defenseless ears.

“Bren, you sing horribly!” She said as soon as he finished the song. Brendon looked at her while feigning hurt. “Well, you sing beautifully during your rehearsals but when it comes to karaoke you are horrible!”

Karaoke, an act of singing along to a music video, esp. one from which the original vocals have been electronically eliminated. Karaoke, something they were doing right now.

Brendon found the karaoke machine someone had given Pete two years ago and decided it would be fun. Of course he was right, karaoke was fun but much to Mara’s surprise he was horrible at karaoke despite the high score it gave him.

“He has always been horrible at karaoke.” Ryan told her. She looked at him with a look that screamed disbelief. “Just because he can sing doesn’t mean he can do karaoke.”

“You’re one to talk.” Brendon scoffed as he sat beside Mara. “Your turn to sing!” he yelled with a sudden change in mood. Mara shook her head and pushed away the microphone he was holding out for her to take.

“I don’t sing.” She said simply.

“Please” Brendon begged using his magic pouting powers. Mara tried looking away but it was too late. The pout had succeeded.

“I hate you,” she mumbled before taking the microphone from his hands. He smiled at her and stuck out his tongue.

“No, you love me! You love me more than Ryan!” He yelled moving so that he was now sitting on Ryan and trying to cover him from her view. She rolled her eyes and laughed as Ryan tried pushing Brendon off. She tore her eyes away from them and signaled to Spencer to pick a song for her to sing. He smiled and punched in the numbers for the song.

One way or another, I'm gonna find ya” she started singing softly.

“LOUDER!” All three of them yelled easily overpowering her soft voice.

I'm gonna get ya, get ya, get ya, get ya, one way or another I'm gonna win ya, I'm gonna get ya, get ya, get ya, get ya” She sang louder this time. The boys started wolf-whistling and cheering her on as the song continued.

One way or another I wanna get ya, I'll get ya, I'll get ya, get ya, get ya, get ya, Where I can see it all or find out who you are” she sang the last line earning a loud round of applause from the boys. She bowed at them and gave the microphone back to Brendon.

“You were great.” Ryan said while pulling her towards him so she would sit on his lap. She blushed and looked away from him.

“As if,” she said not believing him.

“Yeah, you were horrible.” Brent said appearing out of nowhere. She rolled her eyes and tried to ignore him. Even though she knew she didn’t have the best voice ever, those words still stung. She hid her face in Ryan’s chest and he wrapped his arms around her. He signaled to Brendon and Spencer to do something about Brent. They stood up and started talking to him and soon it was just Ryan and Mara in the room.

“Hey,” He said softly making her look at him. “Don’t listen to Brent, no one does.” Mara smiled a small smile and snuggled into his chest again but this time with a smile on her face.

Mara checked herself one last time in the mirror to make sure she looked good enough for her date tonight. One disadvantage about having a famous uncle and living with him is she couldn’t really make friends with people who weren’t famous. Pete didn’t trust all the people who she made friends with and eventually scared them away or the people she made friends with were just using her so she ditched them. Ah, the joys of having a famous family.

She adjusted her dress one more time and debated on whether or not she should wear a jacket or shawl. She decided not to. She added the final touches on the light layer of makeup she was wearing and fixed her hair.

As she did that the boy who was occupying the room right next to her was pacing back and forth. Ryan was worried that Brendon and Spencer would forget what they were supposed to do and ruin the date, which is why he was telling them again for maybe the hundredth time.

“Relax Ryan we know what we are supposed to do.” Spencer said as he motioned for his friend to sit down. Ryan followed and ran a hand through his hair.

“I know I am just worried.” Ryan said and sighed. He checked the clock on his bedside and table and realized it was five to seven. Seeing as how they were currently living in the same house they had agreed to meet in the living room at seven. Ryan rushed out of the room with Spencer and Brendon right behind him.

He peeked into the living room and saw Mara patiently waiting for him on the couch. Ryan signaled to Spencer just as he and Brendon left the room to prepare.

Spencer crept up on Mara quietly and blindfolded her eyes. Mara let out a scream but he immediately covered her mouth with his hand.

“Shh, it’s just me Mara.” Spencer whispered in her ear. She relaxed instantly but tensed up again once she realized Ryan wasn’t there. She was about to ask him but Spencer had thrown her over her shoulder. She was still blind folded and instantly started hitting Spencer’s back. He just ignored her hitting and continued on his way. He finally reached his destination and made Mara sit on a chair. “Don’t go anywhere” he whispered in her ear and then let go off her.

Mara groaned but listened anyway. She really wanted to go on her date with Ryan and not be part of Brendon and Spencer’s pranks right now. She crossed her arms and stayed quiet hoping someone would remove the blindfold already.

Ryan thanked Spencer quietly and watched as he left. He then approached Mara quietly so as to not startle her. His hands started to become clammy and he wiped them against his pants. He slowly untied the blindfold from her eyes and watched her reaction.

At first she was mad but then she saw the table setting in front of her, two settings across each other with two candles and a rose in the middle. She was on the rooftop of the house, she could tell from the many times she has gone up her and by the all the stars she could see above her. She smiled but then frowned when she didn’t see Ryan. She looked around before looking behind her and seeing him standing there. She smiled again and so did Ryan before sitting in front of her.

“So what do you think?” Ryan asked still slightly nervous despite the smile on her face.

“I love it!” She said truthfully before looking around herself again. Ryan signaled to Brendon and he soon arrived with two plates with pasta in a waiter’s uniform and a fake mustache. Mara laughed as she noticed the mustache while Ryan just looked at him.

“I thought you weren’t going to wear it.” Ryan said unsure if he should laugh or be mad.

“I needed to disguise myself!” Brendon said defensively before serving them their food and going back to his hiding spot. He soon came back with water and apple juice. He offered them to the couple who both chose the water.

“Mmm, this is so good.” Mara said taking another bite of her pasta. Ryan smiled. He was glad that the date was going as he planned. They ate there dinner while talking about a few random things. When it was time for dessert, Ryan signaled to Brendon again. He came with two cups with vanilla ice cream and some ice cream on his moustache. Ryan and Mara laughed at him but when he asked what was wrong they just said it was nothing. He rolled his eyes at them before disappearing and reappearing again when they finished their dessert with a guitar.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we were older
Then we wouldn’t have to wait so long
And wouldn’t it be nice to live together
In the kind of world where we belong

You know it’s gonna make it that much better
When we can say goodnight and stay together

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could wake up
In the morning when the day is new
And after having spent the day together
Hold each other close the whole night through

Happy times together we’ve been spending
I wish that every kiss was never ending
Wouldn’t it be nice

Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray it might come true
Baby then there wouldn’t be a single thing we couldn’t do
We could be married
And then we’d be happy

Wouldn’t it be nice

You know it seems the more we talk about it
It only makes it worse to live without it
But let’s talk about it
Wouldn’t it be nice


Brendon sang. Ryan watched Mara waiting for her reaction. He saw tears forming in the corner of her eyes but saw the huge smile on her face. He remembered her telling him how her dad used to sing the song to her all the time and how she loved it.

Brendon bowed before leaving with the guitar and the dirty dishes. Ryan looked at Mara who was smiling at him and took her hand in his. He led her to a spot where he laid a blanket so they could watch the stars. She smiled and lay down beside him while snuggling into his chest. She looked up at him and smiled making him smile too.

“So…how was tonight?” he asked but instead of giving a reply she smiled and pressed her lips against his, giving him a well deserved kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? please :)
awesome banner in the summary page was made by katsumi