Sequel: Where Did You Go?

I Am Wrecking This Evening Already and Loving Every Minute of It

Laced with Nitroglycerine

Weeks, months have passed by and Ryan and Mara haven’t seen each other yet, well aside from the times they use webcams. The band’s album, A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out, had already been released and was selling very well. Pete still didn’t allow Mara to see Ryan and vice-versa.

Mara was lying down on her bed waiting for Ryan’s call when someone knocked on her door. She stood up and checked who it was through the peephole, something she added to her bedroom door when she started ignoring Pete.

She saw Patrick standing outside and opened the door so she could stick her head out. Patrick smiled at her and she returned the gesture before noticing his shaky aura. She looked at him skeptically before deciding to just ignore it.

“What’s up Trick?” she asked him as he stood there fidgeting.

“Pete really wants to talk to you. Can you please talk to him?” he asked.

“Why should I?” Mara replied stubbornly.

“Because he is your uncle and he loves you very much.” Patrick said. Mara sighed knowing what he was saying was the truth but she just couldn’t let her anger go. He did send her boyfriend away and did not approve their relationship for such a stupid reason. He didn’t trust her, so she ignored him.

“You said that last time and in my defense I do talk to him.” Mara said. Patrick rolled his eyes obviously getting frustrated with the conversation they have so often.

“Yeah, you reply with one word sentences in a monotone voice.” Patrick stated. Mara rolled her eyes but didn’t deny it. “He misses you.”

“Why? I am right here!” Mara said.

“No you’re not! Not around him anyway! You don’t show emotion at all which is worse than you yelling at him.” Patrick said running a hand through his already messy hair. “Please Mara, could you just please talk to him? For me,” he asked, no, begged, with a sad voice and a pouty face.

Mara sighed and this time she ran a hand through her long brown hair. She looked at Patrick who was still pouting before sighing again. “Fine, I will.” She said as Patrick smiled. She then heard the start of Blink-182’s First Date meaning Ryan was calling.”After I talk to Ryan,” she said quickly before closing the door and jumping on her bed so she could talk to Ryan.

Patrick sighed as he heard Mara’s voice through the door. He massaged his temples before going back downstairs to see Pete sprawled over the couch with a frown on his face. He hit the back of Pete’s head causing Pete to wake up and glare at Patrick.

“Be happy Pete, she agreed to talk to you.” He said deciding not to inform him about the after Ryan part. Pete instantly perked up happy that his niece would finally talk to him again. He quickly ran up to his room and cleaned himself up so that she wouldn’t think he was a slob. He ran back downstairs just when the phone started ringing. He answered it and quickly fell into a conversation with the person on the other end.

Mara came down the stairs ready to apologize and talk to Pete. Ryan convinced her that he was just being protective of her and not trying to suck her brains out by depriving her a life, as she put it. She realized how stupid and bratty she was being. She talked to him for a few more minutes before hanging up but when she got downstairs he was busy talking on the phone. She sighed and then lay down on the couch and turned the TV on.

Pete hung up and looked into the living room to see that the TV was on meaning someone was watching it or wasting his money. He made his way over and saw Mara lying down on one of the couches. He stopped walking afraid that she wouldn’t talk to him again but quickly set aside those thoughts and leaned over the couch.

“Hey,” he said so softly that he wasn’t sure if she heard him. She turned her head and then smiled at him before launching herself at him. He was surprised but he hugged her back nonetheless. They separated from their hug as she looked at him with a frown.

“I am so sorry!” she said before hugging him again. He just laughed and hugged her back.

“No problem,” he said giving her a tight squeeze before letting go. “So what are you watching?”

“Anastasia,” she said. “Want to watch with me?” she asked him. He nodded before she dragged him to the couch so that they could watch one of her all time favorite movies.

Pete let out a small chuckle as he remembered the time when he visited his half-brother when Mara was still small. She stayed in front of the TV the whole day watching the movie over and over again. He sneaked a glance her singing softly along with the Anastasia. Pete smiled remembering the small girl and comparing her to the girl he was sitting beside now. She was all grown up with a boyfriend and anything. While thinking that, his previous conversation popped into his head.

“Mara,” he said trying to get her attention.

“Yeah?” she said absently, not taking her eyes of the screen.

“We are going to Las Vegas next week.” Pete said right before she tackled him in a hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's boring :(
But I swear the next [and last] three chapters are very important and epic.

So give me some time and I'll have them done :)
Plus, I am excited for the sequel :D