How I Missed You.

Just Like Old Times

Isabella

“Bye mum!” I called out the door, grabbing a chocolate cookie out of the cookie jar. I went down the stairs two at a time and began to walk to school.

It was a long walk and ten minutes later I met up with Mitchie. She was simply beaming, probably excited about her date with Josh on Saturday.

“Isa,” she squealed. My name had many abbreviations, and Mitchie took it upon herself to use them all.

“Hey Mitch,” I smiles at her. She pulled me into a tight hug, just like she did everyday.

Mitchie was the very first friend I had when I moved here, she was the first person who took the courage to talk to me, I admired her for that. She was a great friend but sometimes was a little too bubbly and annoying if you will.

As we walked to school Mitchie rambled on about Josh and her date. “Oh Isa! You have to come over to my house on Saturday and help me get ready!”

It was a moment before I finally realized what she had said, “Um... yeah, sure Mitchie. I’ll come over. But you’ve gotta promise that any advice I give you, you’ll take it. It’s so annoying giving advice that people don’t even consider taking.”

“Of course I’ll take it Bella! That’s what friends are for after all,” Mitchie beamed at me.

In the distance I heard the first bell of the school go off, “Come on, we’re gonna be late,” I said grabbing Mitchie’s hand and dragging her towards the school.

We made it to school just as the second bell went. I ran to my locker and grabbed my books for first period, Chemistry.

“I’ll see ya after class Mitch,” I called to my friend and walked in the direction of science rooms. Chemistry was one of my favourite subjects. I liked that it was hand on, but not all of the time.

When I reached the classroom I saw the rest of the class walking in. Just made it, I sighed and followed them in.

An hour and forty minutes later I left the classroom. That was probably the most boring lesson I have ever had. We had a sub because our real teacher was in a meeting. The sub was so boring; he talked like t-h-i-s, stopping for breath after every letter.

I laughed at the look on his face, it was of constipation, or something just as bad. I walked over to my locker and grabbed out my snack. Yeah you guessed right, two chocolate cookies, they were our favourite treat. I wonder if he still ate them. I put the subject out of my mind and walked over to the oval.

I saw Mitchie sitting on the hill over looking the basketball courts, with Josh and a few of his friends.

“Hey Isa!” Mitchie called to me.

I walked over and sat on the grass next to them. Josh’s friends looked really awkward, they kept looking over their shoulders towards the oval where all the guys were playing footy.

“Isa, this is Jamie and Shane, Josh’s friends,” Mitchie told me.

“Hey,” I said to them.

They both nodded at me, and kept looking over their shoulders.

I looked over towards Mitchie and Josh, they were making out on the grass. I rolled my eyes at them, and averted my gaze towards the oval. Everyone looked like they were having such a fun time. It had been ages since I had played a team sport.

One of Josh’s friends, Jamie I think it was, caught me staring. He crouched down next to me and whispered in my ear, so as to not disturbed out friends, “Hey, do you wanna come play footy with us?” he asked me.

“Sure,” I whispered back. Footy was my favourite sport; back when I was little you couldn’t keep me away from the ball.

I finished my cookies and followed Jamie and Shane to the oval. I looked back at Mitchie, she was still glued to Josh, and she hadn’t seen me go.

Twenty minutes later I was puffing for breath and smiling like I hadn’t in years. No one had bothered to keep score, but it didn’t matter. My school dress had a few dirt patches on it, from when I had dived for the ball. Just as I was about to go wash them off the bell for second period sounded and a teacher came onto the oval to tell everyone to get a move on.

I walked over to Jamie and Shane, “Thanks for the game guys, I had fun.”

“No problem,” Jamie told me, “You were really good, you should try out for the team.”

“Really? You think so?” I asked him, he nodded, “Okay, I’ll think about it.”

I waved goodbye to them and walked off in the direction of my locker.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG it's been a freaking 6 months since I last updated! I'm so sorry it's taken me this long! I almost forgot about this story! But don't worry I'm gonna try to update more often now, at least once a week. If not I'm probably in a place where I can't get to a computer, like kidnapped in a dungeon somewhere, or in a coma or in a hole dead somewhere, or just busy with homework. I'm hoping for the last one.
Anyway, thanks for reading!
Comments are much appreciated.
xx Emma