Slightly Bruised and a Little Bit Used

Underwear/Etiquette

I woke up next to a sleeping and unclothed Shaant, which admittedly wasn’t uncommon these days.

I glanced at his alarm clock, realizing that I had less than two hours to get home, get ready, and go to work. I set about collecting my clothes off his floor.

“Shit…” I groaned to myself. My underwear were nowhere in sight.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

I gave up and threw on the rest of my clothes.

“Leaving so soon?” Shaant asked, appearing in the doorway in only boxers, blocking my way as I was about to leave. “Isn’t it good etiquette to stay for breakfast or some shit?” he teased, crossing his arms.

“I’m busy today. I have to go,” I lied, pushing past him and starting to head down the hall.

“Wait,” he said, before I hit the front door.

“What?” I asked, turning halfway around.

“Do you need these, or are you leaving them for me?” he smirked, holding up my underwear that had previously been M.I.A. I flushed red.

“Keep them,” I spat, before yanking the door open and slamming it behind me.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I sat at my register at work, still in a mood from this morning.

It was one of those days where I hated everyone.Which wasn’t uncommon.

I hated my boss for yelling at me for being late. I hated Shaant for making me late. I hated that I let him keep my favorite underwear because I couldn’t let go of my pride for once. I hated the fucking customers and their fucking complicated orders. I hated the way Charli and Jeff were nauseatingly cute together every Goddamn morning. I hated myself for not getting a better job and being so bitter all the time.

I hated absolutely everything.

The door made a ding as it opened and closed again.

I hated that annoying ‘ding’ the door made whenever another customer I hated walked in.

“Give me coffee, woman!” I glanced up with an eyebrow raised to see Jeff and Dave walking over to the counter in the otherwise empty Starbucks.

“I hate you,” I informed them dully, after checking to see if my manager was within earshot. No need to be fired twice in the same month for my mouth.

“We said coffee, dammit!” Dave demanded, slamming his fist down onto the hard metal counter. I rolled my eyes as he grimaced. “Ow,” he said, rubbing his hand as Jeff laughed at him.

I got them their stupid coffee (which I hated) so that they would shut up and go away.

They did neither of the two.

“Ri, this coffee’s too hot,” Jeff whined.

“That’s too bad, Jeff. Now ask me if I care.” He scowled while Dave laughed at him. “Why are you guys here?” I asked, sighing.

“We came to visit our best-est friend ever!” Jeff exclaimed. I raised an eyebrow. “Okay, fine. Me and the guys are hanging out at Tom’s tonight, so can you tell Charli not to wait up for me? She’s at work so I can’t call her.”

“What if I say no?”

“Riley…” he whined annoyingly. I rolled my eyes.

“Fine. But only if you two go away right now, you’re giving me a massive headache.”

“Bye!” they called simultaneously, quickly making their way to the doorway, which dinged in that irritating fashion that I hated as they exited.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really want to put in a POV from Shaant, but I think that would kind of distort how I want the story to be read from Riley's POV.......maybe I'll rewrite the story but make it an addition to this one from his POV when this one is done....what do you think?

Oh, and plot twist in the next chapter that was foreshadowed in one of the first few chapters....anyone want to guess what's going to happen?

I'd love to hear what you think : )