Slightly Bruised and a Little Bit Used

Love/Barefoot

I stayed at Shaant’s the entire day, without giving him the slightest explanation.

I took a shower, I let him cook me breakfast, blah, blah, blah.

He handled it pleasantly enough.

I just needed a place to stay so I wouldn’t explode at Charli or tell Jeff myself.

I spend too much time with those two, I swear.

Shaant had gone out, I forget where, informing me that he’d be back in about an hour.

As if I cared what time he came back. I’m not his mother. Or his girlfriend, for that matter, so why did he think I would care?

I sighed, glancing at the clock, realizing that today was Saturday, and that I should have started work five minutes ago.

“Shit,” I muttered to myself, before running back to Shaant’s room and stealing one of his shirts. I decided my jeans were clean. Clean enough, at least. I didn’t have time to go home. I grabbed my bag and sped to work, most likely breaking a few traffic laws in the process.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I headed back to Shaant’s after work, but I wasn’t sure why. I doubted Jeff and Charli were home; it was Saturday night, after all.

I sighed and knocked on his door.

“I had work,” I explained, as he stepped aside to let me in. He raised his eyebrows, seeing that I was wearing his shirt, but said nothing about it.

“Are you hungry?” he asked. I nodded, following him to the kitchen.

We had a mostly silent dinner of oven pizza, which I didn’t mind at all.

I had a lot to think about.

We headed to his bedroom afterwards, immediately settling down on his cool sheets.

We took it slow today.

Despite my whining and complaining, he kept his slow pace.

I don’t know why.

I think he just likes to spite me. Bastard.

After what felt like forever, he rolled off of me, still breathing heavily. I waited for my heart rate to return to normal.

“Riley,” he murmured, rolling over to look me in the eyes.

“Hmm?” I sighed back tiredly.

I love you,” he whispered, kissing the skin below my ear lightly as he pulled me into his arms. My heart stopped and I froze. “Ri? Did you hear me?” he murmured into my ear.

Cue panic attack.

“I…” I began. “I don’t love you. I have to go,” I blurted out, before pulling away from his warm arms and gathering my clothes and putting them back on messily.

“Riley,” he began. I ignored him and jammedmy his shirt on crookedly, grabbing my shoes before running out the door. “Riley!” he shouted after me.

I drove home barefoot, yes, barefoot, and was glad that tonight was Jeff and Charli’s date night. I collapsed on my bed in exhaustion, trying to erase those three foreign words from my mind.

The doorbell rang ten minutes later, and I answered it without thinking.

Big mistake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, the dramaaaa.....I hope you don't completely hate me for this chapter.

Thanks so much for the comments, they make me smile like crazy and I have 8 stars now. :D