Slightly Bruised and a Little Bit Used

Touchy/Mine

I had the best night of sleep in months, just from knowing that she was lying there next to me.

“Oh, shit!” I heard suddenly, rousing me out of my peaceful sleep. I stretched my arms, opening my eyes.

“Morning,” I yawned.

She suddenly grabbed at the bed sheets, covering her bare body.

“That’s all you have to say about this?” she demanded of me. I rubbed the remainder of sleep from my eyes.

Good morning?” I asked tentatively, raising an eyebrow. I picked my boxers off the floor and pulled them back on, watching her curiously.

“You don’t understand!” she exclaimed frantically, gathering her clothes while still trying to keep the sheets wrapped around her body. “I have a boyfriend now, Shaant!”

What?

I didn’t allow my shock to show. Instead, I covered up, trying to sound indifferent.

“It didn’t bother you last time, when I had a girlfriend,” I pointed out. “And you don’t have to- I mean, I’ve seen you naked before, so…” I trailed off, motioning to the sheet she was using to keep herself covered. I placed a smirk on my face, which she returned with a glare.

“Did you not hear me? I said I have a boyfriend! This never happened, okay? We were drinking, and things just got-”

“You weren’t drunk, and neither was I,” I stated, now frowning in confusion.

Was she really deluding herself into believing we only had sex because we were supposedly smashed (which we weren’t)?

“Boyfriend, huh? How long?” I asked, keeping up my act of indifference.

“Two weeks,” she stated, annoyed. “One night stand, Shaant. That’s all this was.”

“Right,” I said condescendingly. I got up to put my jeans and t-shirt back on. “See you next time, huh?”

God, how I hoped there would be a next time.

I slipped on my shoes before heading out.

I was out the door as I heard Jeff waking up from his spot on the couch.

I showered and changed once I got home. My phone started ringing as I was pouring myself some cereal. It was Tom.

“Hey,” I answered.

“Hey,” he replied. I could hear the smirk in his voice and I rolled my eyes.

“What?” I asked, sighing.

“What were you doing last night? Actually, who were you doing?”

“None of your business,” I snapped in annoyance.

“Ooh, touchy,” he taunted. “You must really like this one.”

“Fuck you, Tom. Go get laid,” I growled. He laughed.

“I’d love to. Anyways, we’re meeting everyone at that pizza place near Dave’s house. You coming?”

“Yeah ,” I answered, sighing. He said goodbye and hung up.
I was going to see Riley again.

She has a boyfriend, my logical side pointed out. And she’s kind of ignoring you.

Boyfriend or not, I was determined to make Riley mine.