Slightly Bruised and a Little Bit Used

Luck/Explanation

I met up with them all at the pizza place.

By some stroke of luck, I ended up next to Riley at the table. I tried to get her attention through sideways glances, but she was obviously still intent on ignoring me.

I sighed in defeat as the pizza came. But then I got a few ideas.

I rubbed my leg against hers suggestively as she grabbed a slice.

She paid me no attention, but I could see the undertones of annoyance in her features.

I took it a step further, placing my hand on her knee. She jumped, almost spilling her soda in surprise. I glanced at her, trying not to laugh as everyone gave her strange looks.

I slipped my hand farther up, relishing the blush that was creeping up her neck. She grew tense as I gave her inner thigh soft squeezes and rubbed my thumb against the fabric of her jeans.

She finished her slice in silence, still tense under my touch, but not showing it to anyone else.

She was such an actress.

I took a chance and slipped my hand even farther up.

“I have to go to the bathroom,” she announced abruptly. I removed my hand.

“Uh…thanks for sharing?” Tom asked.

“Yeah, me too,” I added.

If she was ignoring me, I wanted an explanation.

I smirked as she tried to walk quickly to the bathroom. Did she honestly think I couldn’t catch up?

“What the fuck was that?” she demanded, suddenly turning to face me, realizing I was right behind her.

“What?” I asked innocently.

“You know what,” she muttered, glaring.

“What, last night you let me-”

“Shut up!” she interrupted, face changing colors again.

Okay, maybe I went a little too far there.

“So, what then? We’re going to pretend nothing’s going on?” I demanded of her.

“You finally understand!” she exclaimed sarcastically. She pushed the bathroom door open, quickly locking it behind her. I sighed in defeat, heading back to the table. Tom smirked as I sat down.

“So Shaant won’t tell me who he did last night,” Tom announced to the table. I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, neither will Ri,” Jeff stated. “She says we don’t know the guy.”

“Maybe she invited Seth over,” Charli suggested.

I frowned. I really didn’t care whether anyone knew what happened between us, but obviously from her reaction a few minutes ago, she was determined to keep it quiet.

I waited for them to put two and two together, but our friends remained clueless as ever.