Slightly Bruised and a Little Bit Used

Hickey/Whatever

I woke up in Shaant’s bed, wishing I had left last night.

I hated the uncomfortable morning-after conversations.

Then I realized we still weren’t wearing any clothes and my head was resting on his bare chest. He had his arms wrapped tight around me. I sighed in annoyance before shoving his arms away, causing him to wake up. He rubbed his eyes and yawned before sitting up.

I ignored him as he pulled on his boxers and collected my clothes from the hallway and the floor.

I wordlessly walked out of the room, grabbing my purse before reaching for the doorknob. I had started to pull it open when his hand reached past me to close it again.

I turned around to glare at him. He spoke before I could open my mouth.

“Leaving already? Going to act like you hate me some more?”

“I don’t hate you. I just hate what you do to me,” I answered honestly.

“And what do I do to you?” he asked, raising an eyebrow in an incredibly striking fashion as he got closer and closer to my face.

“That!” I exclaimed in annoyance, shoving him away. “Look, I just got fired, and I just needed a distrac-”

“Hey, whatever,” he said, scoffing before backing away.

“Whatever,” I spat back, stalking out and slamming the door behind me.

I drove back to my house, flopping down onto the couch beside Charli, who was flipping through television channels without much interest. She glanced over at me, and then did a double take, eyes widening.

“Holy shit. You probably have the biggest hickey I’ve ever seen in my entire life.”

“Don’t tell me that…” I groaned, jumping up and running to examine my neck in the bathroom mirror. She followed me and leaned against the doorway.

“Did Seth give them to you?” she asked, sounding amused. I groaned, seeing the size and color of it in the mirror. I had a few others, trailing down my throat, but that one was a monster. “I didn’t know he had it in him,” she laughed.

He didn’t.

“Guess I don’t have to ask what you were doing last night.”

“Guess I don’t have to ask who you were doing,” I smirked, seeing Jeff come out of Charli’s room across the hall in only boxers as he rubbed his eyes, yawning sleepily. He didn’t notice us in the bathroom and continued down the hall. Her face began to turn a bright pink color, so I knew I had guessed right.

“I-” she began.

“Whatever, Charli, I totally knew it was going to happen eventually,” I stated matter-of-factly, as I splashed water on my face.

“Did not,” she argued, crossing her arms.

“If you say so,” I said sardonically, raising an eyebrow before heading down the hall. “Good thing he bought condoms at the grocery store, no?” I added ironically. She scowled and followed me to join Jeff in the kitchen.

“Holy shit!” he exclaimed, staring at me as I got the orange juice out of the fridge. “That’s probably the biggest fucking hickey I’ve ever seen!”

I groaned loudly as Charli started to crack up beside me.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know, at first, I considered writing it opposite…as in Shaant using her, but I think that her character would have come out pathetic, so I’m glad I didn’t. This way, I can make her be the mean/defensive one. Besides, I always thought Shaant was a sweetie. : )

You should go add him on myspace and read his blogs, they’re pretty much amazing. He’s definitely one of my top 3 favorite lyricists.

...comments?