‹ Prequel: How To Hold On
Sequel: Moving On

All Grown Up

Broken Man

Chapter 14

Broken Man

Sam and the rest of the band, minus Matt went in search for Jo. They didn’t know where to find her, but then Zacky said she might be in the penthouse suite. They couldn’t get up there without permission. Sam and Brain were the front desk.

“Look, I need to get in there,” Sam said to the receptionist.

“I’m sorry but I can’t allow that,” the receptionist said.

Sam’s phone rang, she picked it up. “She’s not opening the door, are you sure she’s in there?” Jimmy asked.

“Yeah, I just hope it’s not to late when we find her,” Sam said, the receptionist was looking at her.

“Would there be any reason that your friend might be in danger?” The receptionist asked.

“I don’t know that’s why I need to get in there,” Sam said pushing up the bangs, the receptionist toyed with the key, she placed it just next to the counter.

“I need to go and check in the back,” the receptionist said then looked at the key, Sam got her meaning, she was going to walk away just so Sam could get the key. The receptionist left and Sam reached over the counter.

“Good job,” Brian said as they made a run for the elevators.

“Thanks,” Sam said as she pressed the button.

They got there the boys were waiting at the door, “Did you get it?” Zacky asked standing up.

“Yeah, I got it,” Sam said as she opened the door, they all walked in. Sam made a dash for the bedroom.

She saw a lump on the bed, “She’s in here,” Sam said as the boys came in. Zacky went to Jo’s side.

“She’s been crying,” He said as he looked at her face. He picked up her arm but it fell down.

“Damn it,” Sam said pushing Zacky to the side, she gathered Jo in her arms. “Wake up, Jo fucking look at me,”

Jo didn’t stir, Sam’s hand went to Jo’s neck, she could feel a pulse barely. “Jo wake up…” Sam screamed. “Brian help me, I need to get her in the bathroom.”

Brian picked Jo up and carried her to the bathroom. Sam got a towel and wet it then placed it on Jo’s face. She stirred a little at the cold contact. “Jo, can you hear me?”

Jo’s eyes flew open, then they shut, “Light,” she said. Brian turned off the light.

“You scared me,” Sam said hugging Jo to her.

“Why?” Jo asked taking a drink of water.

“Cause,” Sam started to say but Jo cut her off.

“I’m not going anywhere, I just needed some sleep.” Jo smiled then turned on the light, she had washed her face, Brian stood in the door way.

“Did I scare everyone?” Jo asked as she stepped out of the bathroom, there stood Zacky, Jimmy and Johnny. “Sorry guys, I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“It’s ok,” Johnny said looking down.

“Dude, how come you have a bigger room then us?” Jimmy asked looking at the hot tub in the corner of the bedroom.

“Well, they gave me one,” Jo said wiping her face with a towel.

“Who’s they?” Johnny sat on one of the chairs, Zacky had not moved from the bed. Jo went and sat down next to him, he looked up at him. There was something in his eyes.

“My editor,” Jo said, as she wrapped her arm around Zacky, he turned and hugged her, for that two minutes he thought she had died and that had broken him.

“You’re a writer?” Jimmy asked.

“Yes,” Jo said pulling away from Zacky and kissing his cheek, it felt good to have someone give a damn about her.

“Anything we’ve read?” Johnny asked as Jimmy threw him a beer from the mini fridge that wasn’t so mini.

Sam let out a laugh, she just went to the fridge and got some chocolate they had everything in there. “Yeah, I think you might have,” Jo laughed.

“Are we missing something here?” Jimmy asked, taking a swing out of his beer.

“How To Hold On,” Jo said, watching both Jimmy and Johnny’s jaws drop.

“No,” Johnny stood up, and started to pace.

“So, that’s why it was such a big deal to find you.” Jimmy realized and said matter of fact.

“Yes, look I wanted to tell you earlier but I wasn’t ready. I’m not that girl anymore. But the scars are still there, even if they’re not on me they’re on the people that were around me,” Jo said looking at Sam.

“So you’re Cora?” Johnny asked.

“Yes, it’s actually my middle name,” Sam said.

“So, are you going to tell us what happened tonight?” Brian asked as he hugged Sam to him.

“Maybe you’ll get to read it in the next book,” Jo laughed.

“Damn, is that the time?” Jimmy looked at the clock on the wall. “Let’s go dude, I need sleep,” he said to Johnny who was about to protest but got up anyway.

“How about tomorrow, up here, party?” Jo said, they looked at her then at each other.

“Hell ya!” They said at the same time.

“Alright, I’ll see you guys in the morning,” Jo said laughing.
“Jo,” Sam started to say.

“Me and Zacky are going to be in the living room, I think I saw a T.V. in there,” Brian said, Zacky stood up and followed him out of the room.

“Jo,” Sam said again, Jo collapsed on the bed. Sam went and sat next to her, “I’m sorry.”

“He called me a whore Sam, he said he wouldn’t wait for me to sleep with everyone around me, that he could do the same,” Jo said letting out a sigh and staring at the ceiling.

“He’s not worth it,” Sam said leaning on her back.

“But,” Jo started to say, “it felt like he was, why couldn’t he give me time, that’s all I needed time.”

“He’s an ass,” Sam said thinking about the look on his face when he got up. He looked surprised. Then Sam took everyone and left the room, Brian had not wanted to stay, in fact no one wanted anything to do with Matt, at least for now.

“I’m not going to the concert tomorrow night,” Jo said.

“The boys will understand,” Sam said. Then looked at Jo as she yawned. “You should sleep, it always made you feel better.”

“Mhm,” Jo said as she straightened herself in bed, “Don’t stay here, go with Brian, he really cares about you.” Jo said as she fell asleep.

“I know babe,” Sam said, when she turner around Brain stood in the door way.

“You know she’s right,” Brian said as he opened his arms and Sam settled into them, “Zacky will stay for the night, you need your sleep, you look exhausted.”

“What did I do to deserve a guy like you?” Sam said as she let herself be led out of the bedroom. Brian just let out a chuckle and led her out of the apartment nodding at Zacky on the way out. He was trying to concentrate on the TV. screen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update, shorter this time but none the less an update.
Enjoy!!