‹ Prequel: How To Hold On
Sequel: Moving On

All Grown Up

Beautiful, Dirty, Rich

Chapter 19

Beautiful, Dirty, Rich

He parked the rented car in the parking lot, but as he was about to get out of the car he stopped. She stepped out of the building on the arm of a tall blond man, dressed in a suit, he led her to his car that was idling waiting for her. He said something and she laughed. His chest tightened.

Grabbing the steering wheel he squeezed it as hard as he could. She slid into the car, and the penguin went around, the biggest smile on his pretty face. All he wanted to do now was drag him out of the car and smash his face in. It wasn’t his place, he wasn’t anything to her.

They pulled out of the parking lot, and he watched her go. She had moved on it was time for him to move on too. It was time to go back to his home, even if it hurt him to go without her, his chances had been slim to none before and now they were non existent.

“Brian, get the fucking door.” Sam stirred the batter. Making a cake on her birthday it sucked.

“Alright, damn it, what’s this doing in the way?” Jimmy said coming in carrying Johnny in his arms. Then dropping him on the kitchen floor.

“Oh, look what the dog dragged in,” Sam said as she wiped her arms and kissed both of the boys on the cheek. Having a family dinner was the perfect thing, and they had become her family.

“Have you guys seen Matt?” Brian asked as he dipped his finger in the batter and licked it.

“Yeah, apparently he’s seeing this girl and he’s bringing her to dinner,” Johnny said looking around the kitchen then setlling on the vegetable platter.

“Hey, that’s for when everybody gets here,” Sam yelled.

“Everyone that’s important is here,” Jimmy said as he took a beer from the fridge. “Zacky’s just running late, like always.”

“Well I still gotta bake the cake so we have time,” Sam said as she placed the batter in the shape.

“DUDE!!! I’m hungry,” Johnny whined.

“Fine you can eat a sandwich,” Sam gave in. The door bell rang.

“I’ll get it,” Jimmy skipped towards the door with a beer in hand. There was a murmur of talking and Jimmy walked into the room, his face somber.

“Who was it?” Sam asked. When Jimmy didn’t say anything she looked behind him, it was Matt. That wasn’t strange, or sad. What was strange was the woman walking behind him, she looked…no it couldn’t be.

“Hey,” Matt said shaking Brian’s hand but it seemed everyone was transfixed on the girl.

“Hello, Happy Birthday!” The girl said in a squeaky happy voice, the spell was broken everyone snapped out of it.

“Thank you,” Sam said wiping her hands and taking the flowers the girl carried. She looked into her eyes, one thing she noticed right away was the colour they were wrong. And way too much make-up. “Make yourself at home. Johnny,” he didn’t answer, Sam kicked him “get her something to drink.”

“Oh,” Johnny snapped out of it, “What would you like to drink?”

“Um, do you have any coolers?” She asked. Then Matt came next to her.

“Sorry where are my manners I’d like you guys to meat Janice, Janice this is Sam, Brian, Jimmy and Johnny,” Matt said wrapping his arm around her waist.

“I am such a big fan, I can’t like oh my god believe it that I’m here with you guys, it’s like totally awesome,” she let out a giggle which made Sam flinch.

“Guys show our guest to the living room, and Jimmy go look for a cooler in the downstairs fridge, I think there’s some in there,” Sam said as everyone but Brian left.

“Is it just me or does she?” Brian asked.

“Look like Jo?” Sam supplied.

“Yeah, man, she does,” Jimmy said as he came upstairs with three coolers in his hand.

“This is freaky,” Brian said leaning against the counter.

“You’re telling me?” Sam said. Placing the last of the veggies and meats on the platter.

They walked into the living room, Janice was plastered on Matt. Johnny was playing guitar hero, he looked so relieved when he saw everyone walk in. They all heard the front door open but nobody bothered to see who it is.

“SAMMY HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY!!!” Zacky came in but froze when he saw Janice, Sam jumped up and hugged him.

“It’s not her,” she whispered in his ear.

“I know,” he said back, something about his voice showed regret.

“Thanks,” Sam took the box he had in hand.

“Ohh, everyone is here open presents,” Johnny said.

“Alright,” they pushed the tables aside and Sam sat in the middle of the floor like it was Christmas. She opened one from Johnny it was a dog bowl, “Should I use this for Brian? Baby, I think they mixed up our birthdays.”

“Hardy, har, har, Smile for the camera.” Brain pointed and shot as Sam showed him the birdie.

Next she got a collar from Jimmy, and she got a leash from Zacky. “Now it’s time for my present,” Brian said handing the camera to Jimmy.

Brian came back in carrying a box that looked pretty heavy, it had holes in it. He placed it in front of Sam she opened the lid and baby lab looked up at her, his choclate eyes showing fear. She picked him up and nuzzled him unable to say anything. He smelled her then gave her a kiss.

“At least now we know who’s going to replace Brian when we’re on tour,” Zacky said laughing.

“Oh my god such a cute puppy,” Janice who everyone had forgotten up until that point said, and tried to pet the puppy but he growled at her, which made everyone except Matt smirk.

“I shall name him Skbat,” Sam said raising him above her head.

“What the fuck?” Zacky stopped laughing.

“Skeleton Bat,” Sam said matter of fact.

“Hun, let’s pray we never ask you to name our children,” Brian said, laughing as everyone joined in.

“What’s wrong with that?” Sam asked.

“It’s just…” the puppy jumped out of Sam’s hand and picked up a box. It was tinny it looked like jewellery, Sam wrestled it out of his hands. She looked up at Brian.

“Don’t look at me, I got you Cole,” Brian said shooting his hands up in defence.

“Cole?” Sam asked.

“It’s a good name as any,” Brian said.

Sam opened the box, it was black, with red stars on it. She lifted the lid and looked up in bewilderment, it was two keys, without a key chain. “What is it?” Johnny asked.

“I don’t know,” Jimmy answered.

“It’s a key,” Janice said, and everyone just looked at her. Did her brain power minimize by the minute.

“It’s looks like a bike key,” Matt said.

“Yeah it does,” Brian agreed. Sam dropped the box examining the key.

“Hey, there’s a card tapped to the back of the box,” Jimmy said about to pick it up but Sam got there faster.

Happy Birthday

You start my heart
I run away
You press my buttons
I fly with you
Find me at the end
Of the walk way


Sam read out loud. “Oh so cute it’s like a riddle,” Janice clapped her hands.

Sam just stood up with everyone following her, she went to the front door. There in her drive was stood a Harley Davidson V-Rod muscle 2009, and a 2009 Ducati 1198. Everyone’s jaw’s dropped. Sam just froze in the spot she was standing.

She turned to the guys but saw that they were as surprised as her, they walked up to them. Sam went to the Ducati first, it was red with black flames, on the wings it had flames, black flames, and in those flames two sets of initials were written I.S. + S.N. = BFF.
She laughed out loud. Brian looked at her, and she just points the initials to him, a smile spread across his lips.

“What are you guys laughing about?” Jimmy asked getting on the Harley.

“Jo,” Brian said.

“No way,” Johnny picked up the running puppy.

“Holy shit, does she know my birthday’s coming up?” Zacky asked excited.

Sam caught a glimpse of Matt, he went rigid, his girl friend noticed he was tense and tried to kiss him but he avoided her kiss, he just led her back to the house leaving everyone else to enjoy Sam’s presents.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update.
BTW I've stopped putting a media player on the pages, if you need to know what songs are fitting for the story in my mind, and who sings them just let me know.
<3