Sequel: All Grown Up

How To Hold On

Blinded In Chains

Chapter 2

Blinded in Chains

But it wasn't a sin, a sorry life judging every action
And as they're filling your mind with this shit you forget
How to speak and ask all the questions.


Liddy stood her ground with Shadows besides her she had the confidence now then she had ever possessed before. “You wish to enter?” The voice rang through and clear.

"Don’t answer" Shadows said besides her.

“You wish to enter?” Gates asked.

“Yes,” Liddy said.

“Hahaha, things don’t work that way,” Gates said, then opened a bit and a man stepped through. Liddy wanted to move back but she didn’t. “Oh, you are a pretty one aren’t you,” he said coming closer.

He had a striking face, black long hair that touched his shoulders. “I need to pass,” Liddy said.

“Hello Shadows,” the man ignored Liddy.

Then out of Liddy’s shadow a man materialized, he didn’t look anything like Christian, he was a different person. Standing at 6 foot almost 3 inches he towered over Liddy, and he was considerable taller then the other man.

“Synyster,” Shadows nodded.

“Why are you here?” the man named Synyster asked.

“Because I am her guardian,” Shadows said.

“That’s a joke right? Who the hell defends a lost soul? Only you my dear friend, only you,” Synyster chuckled, then moved his hand two couches appeared with a table in between. “Let’s have a drink catch up, for old time’s sake.”

“We need to go,” Shadows said.

“You know I’m not here to hurt her, I’m only here as a stepping stone, she’s safe as long as I want her to be,” Synyster sat down, then got himself a beer.

“And when you decide that I’m not safe?” Liddy spoke up.

“Well then it’s everyone for themselves.” The smile Synyster gave Liddy made her cold.

“Fair enough,” Liddy said surprising even Shadows, she sat down. “What are we doing here?”

Intrigued Synyster looked at her for a second then started to talk, “We’re here to talk,” he said taking a swing of his beer.

“Everyone wants to talk…” Liddy said exasperated.

“We’re here to help,” Shadows sat next to her and placed his hand on her arm calming her down, “Some of us anyway.” He looked at Synyseter who only gave a laugh.

“Ok, so let’s talk,” Liddy said taking a bottle off the table, and flipping the cap off.

“Why are you here?” Synyster asked.

“I’m here because I wanted to kill myself,” Liddy said taking a drink out of the beer it felt good. Shadows looked at her, when Christian had told him there was someone who needed him he had not believe him, but now he saw it, she would ruin every chance she got of leaving this place.

“Nice, I like that,” Synyster said. “What do you want to do now?” He asked.

“Leave this place,” Liddy looked around.

“But we’d have so much fun,” Synyster said.

“She’s not meant for this world,” Shadows interrupted.

“And who decided where I am meant to be?” Liddy asked looking from one guy to the other.

“You do,” Shadows said.

“No, we decided, just because you believe in free will doesn’t mean I do, it might be fun for her to be here with me, attend to the Gates,” Synyseter said pointing to the Gates behind him.

“Syn?!?” Shadows’ voice warned.

“Alright, Alright, I won’t scare her. So little girl, why are you stuck here?” He asked then corrected himself, “ I meant why have you decided to visit us, instead of leave and go through? Is that better?” He looked to Shadows for approval.

“I don’t know, what makes you think I know anything? I met a little boy, my little boy the I got a protector and now, I have to deal with an ass, who thinks he’s the ruler of the world,” Liddy said taking a deep breath.

“But I am the ruler of the world, this world at least,” Syn said.

“Then let me go,” Liddy argued.

“If I do, I need a reason for you to prove to me you will not be back here again,” all jokes all seriousness gone from his voice.

“How do I do that?” Liddy asked.

“The moment you are sure you’re not coming back I will now and the Gates will open,” with that Synyster was gone and the Gates were closed.

“What do I do?” Liddy asked Shadows.

“It’s up to you,” Shadows said, standing up of the couch, Liddy did the same and everything disappeared they were again in a white abyss.

“Ok, I can figure this out I’m smart,” Liddy started to pace. Then she crouched down and laid on her back. Shadows did the same.

“What are we looking at?” Shadows asked.

Then across what would have been the sky a woman appeared, “Who’s that?” Shadows asked.

“That’s Cora,” Liddy said, starting at her dear friend. “And I’m guessing behind those doors is me, she’s at the hospital.”

“Oh, she’s the one that keeps calling your name,” Shadows said.

“You hear that too?” Liddy said, the picture changed and Liddy cringed. It was a tomb stone.

“You can wait to do this,” Shadows said, looking at the tomb stone.

“The sooner I get out of here the better , right?” She asked looking at his face.

“Yes,” Shadows answered.

“Then I might as well do it now,” Liddy looked at a tear escaped her eyes, in a flash everything was gone and her mind was clear. She stood up, without saying anything Shadows disappeared.

Synyster appeared before her, “So you got rid of the pest, isn’t that nice.” he said taking a step towards her.

“I know why I’m here,” Liddy said.

“Ok, enlighten me.” Syn sat down in a chair that appeared out of no where and crossed his legs.

“I’m here because I want to see him,” she pointed to her right where the tomb stone appeared.

“You can’t,” Syn said matter of fact.

“I know that now,” Liddy said.

“Then why do you deserve to go?” Syn asked.

“Because someone cares about me, in the real world, I need to go back to make things right,” Liddy said as the Gates opened.

“I never wanted to harm you,” Syn said as he stood up.

“I know,” she said to him as she stepped through the Gates.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update.
:)
Comments