Sequel: All Grown Up

How To Hold On

And All Things Will End

Chapter 5
Lyrics

Uncovered lies, surfaced throughout,
will make you change your mind


“SHADOWS,” The voice boomed.

V let out a chuckle, but he stopped laughing when he heard his name.

They both appeared in a bar, in the room was Christian already patiently waiting. The boss looked at him from behind the bar. “So,” V said.

“We’re waiting on Gates,” Christian said rolling his eyes. Moments later Gates came into the room, walking with a crooked smile on his face and his fendora covering half his face.

“Oh, the whole party is here,” Synyster said.

“We’re here to talk,” the boss said.

“What about?” Shadows sat in one of the stools.

“The Reverend,” the boss hissed.

“What about him?” Synster took a peanut and shot it in his mouth.

“He wants her, really wants her,” Christian’s voice was full of hate.

“So,” Gates asked.

“He can’t have her,” Shadows spoke.

“What do you care?” Gates asked.

“I do, it’s supposed to be her choice, he can’t choose for her.” Shadows took the beer in front of him and drank it. Long ago the taste of alcohol made him numb, they couldn’t eat just pretend, the atmosphere trying to help them.

“Why are we here?” Synyster asked the boss.

“He’s bringing in very heavy artillery, just making sure Shadows was ready,” The boss said.

“Yeah but why bring us here?” V spoke.

“Because, whatever you decide you need to pick a side at one point, I don’t want you to make decisions in the blink of an eye, that will get the girl killer or worst in limbo for the rest of eternity.” The boss started cleaning the counter.

“So we’re supposed to care?” Synyster asked, the glass in his hand shattered. He looked at Christian his eyes black, “Look kid I know she’s your mother and all, but after all she’s just another soul remember you job first. Other wise you might as well leave while you can.”

Shadows watched them almost rip each other’s throats out. But the boss cam in between, he knew he should get back to Liddy but he needed some time away from her thoughts, they were driving him nuts. She wanted to go back one moment and the next she was content, then she was worried. He had never met a soul that was so indecisive, and it was tearing him apart, because he wanted her to stay but he knew it was better if she went back.

“Ok, I need to get out of here,” Shadows stood, the boss looked at him and raised an eyebrow. Shadows just shook his head.

Christian stood up and went to Shadows. “I think she should go back,” Christian said. “When it is time I will be by your side.” They shook hands. At least now he knew he had an ally now the most important one was sleeping and she needed to realize that life/death here isn’t as peachy as she thinks.

He disappeared.

“Are you with us?” Christian asked.

“I’m with me,” Synyster answered.

“You?”

“Everyman for himself,” V said as he dissolved into thin air.

Christian then left leaving Synyster with the boss. “Are you really against her leaving?” The boss asked as he placed a shot of JD in front of Synyster.

“I don’t know, I really don’t know.” Synyster drowned the shot and left.

I never imagined my life would turn out this way
So cold, so black, so alone
♠ ♠ ♠
Update. :)