‹ Prequel: Pup Among the Big Dogs

Chasing the Moon

Lead Me Not Into Temptation

I woke up alone the next morning. I rolled over in bed and saw the covers tossed carelessly aside. I didn't know where he'd gone, but part of me didn't want him to come back.

The other part of me wanted to hold him and tell him I love him.

"What's wrong with you?" I muttered, glaring at Aiden as he walked back in through the door.

"What? I can't talk to my own mother?" he asked, his cheery disposition suddenly back. He sat beside me on the bed and absentmindedly slung his arm around my shoulder.

"That's not what I'm talking about," I growled. He gave me a genuinely confused look.

"Babe, is something wrong?" I opened my mouth, but he suddenly pulled me in for a quick kiss to shut me up. "So my mom said it's okay if we stay here for a bit until we can get a place of our own."

"Aiden, I need to go home to Zach or he'll hunt us down, see you with me, and murder you before dragging me home and making me marry Marshall or something." I sighed to myself as he ignored every word I was saying. He, instead, focused his attention on kissing from my lips to my collarbone. He nipped at my neck lightly.

"Not even death could keep me away from you, Gabriella," he whispered in my ear. "Do you know how sexy you look when you're irritated?"

"Uh, thanks?" What was going on in his little werewolf-vampire head? "Aiden, I need to call Zach."

"No, you don't. Gabby, I have something else in mind that we could spend our time doing," he purred on my neck, standing up and pulling me up with him.

"Like what?" I had a feeling I knew where this was going.

"We did it once and, baby, it was so amazing. I can't just quit cold turkey. I haven't gotten any in forever."

"It's been two days," I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

"It feels like an eternity," he murmured, placing his hands on my hips and pulling me to him that way. I had to scramble to keep my thoughts together. I tried to keep my breaths even, but I heard Aiden snicker lightly against my neck as he kissed it softly. "You know you want to."

And I did, but why did I want to so bad all of a sudden?

"I know that," I muttered, my hands rising up to his bare chest as I drew small circles absentmindedly. His body went a little rigid as he flexed his pecs. I smirked as he started breathing a little more heavily. He bit his lip as his hands snuck up my shirt from the back and he started messing with my bra. I jumped into his arms and wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He smiled against my lips as he carried me to the bed, setting me down before crawling on top of me and slipping his tongue into my mouth.

"I love you," he mumbled, yanking off my shirt as he kissed every square inch of my body.

"I love you, too." I tried to unbutton his jeans, but he pushed my hands away and yanked them off himself as if I was taking too long. He then ripped off my pants and pushed me back. "Wait," I mumbled, pulling back.

"What now?" he groaned, giving me this eager look. I swear he wouldn't been ready to "make love" without me!

"It's just…Do you have a condom?" Oh, that was such an awkward question. He gave me a funny look.

"No. And I didn't have one last time either. Will that be a problem?"

Okay, I'm a sane woman. I have sound judgment and I know how to take care of myself. But I guess even I couldn't resist temptation.

"No. Screw it."

"Oh, no," he mumbled, grinning. "I'll be screwing you."

"Oh, God. Just shut up," I giggled, pulling him back to me.

"With pleasure."

I only hope I wouldn't regret this later. But chances are I will.