‹ Prequel: Pup Among the Big Dogs

Chasing the Moon

Paranoia

Walking down the school hallway was a bit unnerving, what with all the eyes on Benji and I as he walked me to my locker, his arm around my waist. He mumbled a joke regarding the other students wanting a threesome, and I giggled, resting my head on his shoulder. I tore myself from him to grab my arithmetic book from my locker. As soon as I slammed the door shut, I was pulled into his strong, possessive embrace and he kissed me roughly. I gave in, wincing when my back met with the wall of lockers. He kissed me feverishly a few times before releasing me, his breathing raspy.

“Sorry, I have to make up for the times I couldn’t do that,” he murmured, a sly smile plastered to his gorgeous, well-sculpted face. I rolled my eyes, seizing his hand and leading him to class.

“I’m not complaining.”

He kissed my forehead and opened his mouth to speak, but suddenly he was torn from me. I cried out as I saw him being slammed up against a wall by...

Aiden.

“Get off of him!” I shrieked, trying to pull Aiden off.

“This is the bastard, isn’t it? He’s the one who fucked you, right? Admit that I’m right!” he screamed at me, bearing his fangs. I glanced to Zach, who looked downright baffled.

“Aiden, if that’s what you want to believe, then sure. Sure, he’s the one who did it. Happy?” I grumbled, rolling my eyes. “Stop making an ass of yourself!”

“Hell no! He knocked you up, didn’t he? He did!”

“She’s knocked up?” Ben barked, staring at me through wide eyes. I shrunk into myself as Aiden and Zach both glared at me. Zach’s was less menacing.

“Who the fuck did it? Come on!” Aiden immediately released Benjamin and shoved me against the wall. I screamed as my back collided with one of the handles. “Just tell me already! You’re driving me insane!”

“You’re driving yourself insane!” I hissed. “I did nothing wrong!”

“I beg to differ!” Benji intervened, pushing Aiden aside. “You didn’t tell me you’re pregnant!”

All eyes darted to us and I slunk against the wall. I heard whispers and I wanted to crawl in a hole and die.

“Thanks a whole fucking lot!” I screamed at him, shoving him away. “And thank you, Aiden, for the fuck and run!” I shoved past him and darted into the bathroom. I guess the girls in there saw how pissed off I was because they soon left me alone in the room. I looked at myself in the mirror and started bawling. What could I have done to deserve this?

“Gabriella?”

Or so I thought I was alone.

I wiped my eyes and turned to face Leanne. She had a worried look on her face.

“Did you hear?”

“Aiden told me that you cheated on him and got knocked up.”

“It’s his!” I sighed out of frustration. “But he refused to accept that. Just now he attacked my boyfriend and now Benji’s mad because I didn’t tell him I’m pregnant. The whole fucking school knows now!”

“Does mom know?” she asked quietly, walking up to me. I shook my head.

“I haven’t talked to her since I was at your house last. We were at Aiden’s mom’s house, but then we were going to stay at my place for a bit before trying to find a place of our own. Oh, but I suppose we can’t always get what we want.”

“Maybe you should check in on her. She talks about you nonstop.” There was a tinge of sadness in her voice, but I ignored it and shook my head.

“I don’t want anything to do with werewolves anymore. I mean, you’re a different story. I just mean if I go to her, then she’ll want me to stay and I don’t want to live there, sorry.”

“I wouldn’t want to live there if I had a choice. It’s chaos, really. Mom’s not so sad now, but she and Dad still fight a lot over pointless stuff. They make up every night, though.” She made a face. “So what are you going to do?”

“I think I just lost my new boyfriend, so I do believe I’m single now.” I sighed. “That was fast.”

“We’re going to be late. Come on.”

Hesitantly, Leanne took my hand. A small smile appeared on her usually timid face as she pulled me out into the empty hallway. We walked to class in silence, just enjoying the moment that wasn’t full of drama.

Great, so now I’m the knocked up hussy. Just lovely!