One Wish, One Girl

Chapter 2

Danii's POV

Pulling the straighteners through my hair, I constantly looked at the clock for the time. Again I was late up, thanks for my brother “forgetting” to wake me up. Since his 17th birthday something had changed about him, no longer was he as close to my bestfriend and I. He was more withdrawn and doing his own thing.

Switching the straighteners off, I stood and made my way across the room to my desk where 2 photo frames stuck out. In one was a picture of Kimmy and I, the other was a picture of Lucas, me, Kimmy and her 13 year old brother Matt down on the garden of Kimmy’s house. I smiled then grabbed the bag just below the desk, dragging it back over to where I was straightening my hair.

From the bag I produced my eyeliner, running it over my eyes. Once this was done I continued to finish my hair, adding the spray to keep it in place. I stood up and walked to the full length mirror on my wardrobe and looked at the outfit I was wearing, it’d do for a Monday at school.

Hearing the familiar knock on the front door from the place in front of the mirror in my room, I launched myself from my room and down the stairs to answer the ongoing knocks on my front door. I pulled the door open to see the only person I would expect to see, Kimmy.

“Hey” She said, coming inside when I moved out of the way to let her passed.

“I’m ready, let me just get my bag” Before she answered I ran back up the stairs and grabbed the bag, after making sure everything was switched off I shut my bedroom and made my way back down the stairs.

“You ready?” I looked in the front room, making sure my parent’s had switched the TV off when they left before looking back at Kimmy and nodded.

“Yeah, let’s go” We retreated from the house, locking the door when we came out.

“Lucas gone to his friends?”

“Yeah, like always” I rolled my eyes, not liking the fact that my brother was no longer as close to us as he once was.

“You found out who these friends are yet?” I shook my head, kicking the can laying on the pavement as we walked down the street, towards school.

“I want to know who they are! Seriously! It’s killing me not knowing who these mysterious guys are” Kimmy looked up at me.

“How do you know it’s a girl?” I raised my eyebrows at her.

“You think he’s got himself a girlfriend?”

“It could be possible”

“I highly doubt it. If he had, mum would have made him bring her round for the family to meet”

“Well they may have met her already” I looked at her again, she was making sense. What if Lucas did have a girlfriend? I shook my head, not wanting to get any more thoughts about my brother and his maybe girlfriend.

“I hope not, I don’t even want to think that my brother has a girlfriend!” Kimmy laughed.

“Come on! We’ll be late… again!” I laughed with her before picking up speed so we wasn’t late again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tag!
Kimmy's turn =]