Status: Finished.

Your One and Only.

Love Songs.

Edward.

I stared at the piano keys just waiting for me to start playing them. Every time I brought my hands towards the piano it felt like there was something holding me back. I just couldn't bring myself to play the piano, it was strange because this had never happened to me before.

"Edward?" I heard Bella's soft voice questioned as she entered the room.

I brought my hands to my lap and left them there. I turned and faced Bella with a smile.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked her.

"I noticed you're having some trouble." She said in a low voice as she made her way towards were I was at.

"I'm not, I just need a break."

"Then why do you sit here all night staring at the keys?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm just thinking, it helps me relax when I sit here all alone, that's all."

Bella nodded as she picked up a yellow folder that had been laying on the piano, she opened it and looked through the papers.

"Are these new songs you wrote?" She asked.

"They're old." I told her in a low voice.

"How old?"

"I wrote them a couple of years after turning into a vampire."

Bella nodded and smiled and kept looking at the pieces of paper.

"The title, all seem romantic." She said sounding a bit jealous.

"That's because they are. They're about love."

"Goofy?"

"That means In Love it was used a lot during the nineteen twenties." I told her as I stood up.

"Were you in love at this time?" She asked as she scanned me with her eyes.

"All I saw around me was people falling in love for the first time, they didn't have to get married to just have kids but because they were actually in love, that's why I wrote this songs, because they reflect an era of changes." I told her as I smiled at her.

Bella stared at me not sure of what she could say. I just kissed her forehead and walked out just to be greeted with a disgusting smell. Jacob was here and I was glad, Nessie had started to become cranky and grouchy. As I walked towards the living room I started hearing Emmett's jumpy and loud thoughts, like he had exciting news or he was trying to hide something.

"Emmett." As soon as I said his name he just couldn't help to think about Aubrey and what she had told him, and what he had told her.

I looked at Emmett wide eyed, this couldn't be good at all.

"I need to talk to you." I told him.

Emmett sighed knowing I knew everything now. We walked up the stairs into mine and Bella's room.

"You can't tell anybody about her Edward." Emmett said as soon as I closed the door.

"Why not?"

"She's respecting us by not telling anyone about us, shouldn't we be able to do the same?" Emmett said pointing out a good reason.

"But we should all be able to know, she's one of us!"

"What if she doesn't want to be with our kind, what if she just wants to live on her own, being unseen."

"But at least everybody should know but pretend they don't know, we can't keep this away from them!"

"Yes we can Edward, and we have to until she decides to tell us."

"Why are you on her side? You don't even know her!" I snapped at him.

"Oh, and do you?"

"Ye-No I don't"

Emmett raised his eyebrow.

"You know her, don't you? That's why that the day when she ate lunch with us the first time you locked yourself with that piano of yours without saying a word."

"I don't know her, and that doesn't concern you."

I crossed my arms over my chest and turned around, he couldn't know, nobody could ever know about Aubrey and me. About the relationship we had way back in time.

"Don't you dare go to Carlisle!" I turned around snapping at Emmett as he thought about asking Carlisle if I had ever met somebody names Aubrey.

Even if Carlisle had sworn to me that he wouldn't tell anybody about the girl that had been there by my side while I was dying, about being in love with her, I didn't want to take the chances.

"You can tell me or I can go ask." Emmett challenged.

"I do know her, but she's pretending like she doesn't remember me so I'm doing the same, and that's all nothing more."
"There has to be more."

"You wanted to know if I knew here, so there you go. Now we're going to tell the rest of the family about her."

"We could and maybe as well throw in the part that you know her and that you probably were in love with her at some point in your life."

I glared at Emmett, I really couldn't believe he was doing this to protect some person he didn't even know.

"Fine we wont tell anybody, but you can't tell anybody about me knowing Aubrey."

"Fine, I wont. We have a deal?"

"Deal." I agreed and shook Emmett's hand.

"Oh and Aubrey sai-"

"I know." I cut him off.

Emmett shrugged and walked out of the room. I turned around and looked out the window. Tomorrow I had to have a serious conversation with Aubrey. About everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emmett is like in the middle of everything. :tehe:

I'm really loving this.
And seriously thanks to the people who comments, you guys just inspire me so much to update :D