Status: Finished.

Your One and Only.

Dazed.

I got into his gray Volvo and waited for him to say something, he just turned on the car and began to drive away, the car was filled with silence, very awkward silence.

"If you want to tell me something, just tell me." I snapped a bit annoyed.

"What are you trying to do?" He asked as he drove.

"What do you mean? I'm just trying to live my life like a normal person."

"But you're not normal and we both perfectly know that." He replied.

"What do you care if I live here and pretend like I am? You're doing the same exact thing!" I snapped angrily at him.

Edward stayed quiet for some time but from the look in his face I could tell he was trying to come up with something to say.

"I heard Emmett and Renesmee the other day."

"Talking? Or did you read their minds?" I questioned.

Edward just glared at me and didn't bother to reply my question.

"They were talking about you coming into the Cullen family."

I laughed at this, I was already a Cullen they just didn't know that.

"That doesn't mean that I am going to be a part of it, and why would you be worried?"

"I'm not worried." He defended himself.

"Edward you are worried, I know when you're worried you start to tap your leg and you're doing that right now."

Edward looked down at his leg and noticed that he was indeed tapping on it, he stopped and placed his hand on the steering wheel.

"I'm not worried." He repeated.

I looked away from him and looked out the window to see trees passing by. I sighed and turned to look back at Edward.

"Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?" Edward asked.

"Did you ever think of coming back for me? I mean I know there's some time when you can't control yourself over the thirst and stuff but did you ever think about it?"

Edward took a deep breath and then nodded.

"I thought about it so many times, but I didn't want to find you afraid that I was going to break you and Carlisle had told me how devastated you were at the hospital and I didn't think you were going to be able to handle looking at me again as the monster I had become."

I stayed quiet now unable to find my own words to tell him.

"Did you ever plan on telling me?" He then asked.

"Yeah, I didn't want to go through it without telling you, but then you got sick and I thought if I told you, you were just going to get worse."

"Did you keep it?" He asked now looking at me.

"Yeah, I kept a lot of things Edward, I wish I could throw them away but part of me can't let go because I wanted it so bad, I wanted to so bad Edward."

Edward's strong face fell in a frown and looked away from me.

"I'm sorry for ruining that for you." He murmured.

"Don't be. There's some things in life we can't change and sometimes it's for the best." I replied in a low voice.

"I want us to be friends Aubrey, I know what we had in the past was unique but we can't go back to that."

"You and Bella are together right?" I asked with a sad smile.

"Yeah we are. But I care for you Aubrey I've always have, you're the one who thought me what it was to love."

"I'm happy for you, and I'm glad you found your other half." I told him trying to be strong.

"Aubrey... I'm so sorry I didn't know this was going to happen but I fell in love again and I wouldn't want to change it."

I nodded unable to find my voice. I looked away and tried to keep my tears inside.

"Aub-"

"I would like to be friends Edward." I interrupted before he could start apologizing all over again, I blinked a couple of times and then I turned around and smiled weakly at him.

"I'm glad we can." He smiled back at me.

I looked away from his and looked straight ahead of the road, we were almost at my house and there's nothing more that I wanted to do but take a long relaxing bath.

"Here we are." He said as he put the car into parking gear.

I looked at him and all I wanted was for him to hold me and tell me everything was going to be alright and that I didn't need to worry about a thing.

"Edward." I spoke his name in a whisper.

"Yeah?"

My eyes watered and I inhaled deeply and then exhaled.

"Can we have our goodbye kiss? We never really got to do that." I whispered.

Edward brought his hand up to my face and he stroked it just like he used to do when he was still breathing.

"It's only fair." He whispered back.

I closed my eyes and leaned in soon my lips pressed against his and in less than a second they began to move in sync with one another. HIs lips were cold against mine, and I could taste his sweet breath, I could smell his sweet scent. My blood began to flow faster as my heart raced with excitement and happiness, I felt like I couldn't breath but it was okay with me because it was as if he was breathing for me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my body against his as I felt his hand wonder down to waist trying to pull me closer as well. HIs touch, his scent, his feel, everything about me was making me weak, making me defenseless. My wall broke making Edward hear my thoughts, making him see all the memories that were running through my mind.

"I love you Aubrey, I will love you no matter what happens don't you ever doubt that." Edward spoke through teared eyes.
"I will always love you too Edward." I told him as he embraced me into a hug.
He kissed the crook of my neck and rocked both of us back and forth trying to comfort us both.


My memory broke away as Edward fell out of the car with me on top of him, I opened my eyes and gasped for air I hadn't noticed I had been suffocating. I rolled away from Edward and laid on the paved drive way as my heart started to slow down to its regular beating rate.

"I'm sorry." Edward spoke as he picked me up from the ground.

"It's okay." I breathed out and dusted myself.

I looked at Edward who looked hurt and angry at himself, then I realized he was hearing everything I was thinking.

"I need to go." He spoke suddenly and got into his car.

I looked at him as he drove away leaving me in a daze, I had never felt so explosively happy and in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating sooner.