Status: Finished.

Your One and Only.

Weak.

-Aubrey

I walk slowly thinking of what to say, Edward had already told them what had happened, so that was good I wasn’t going to need to explain myself.

A few minutes later my hand reaches for the front door knob, I turn in and inhale deeply. I walk in happy to see no one waiting, but my mind vibrates as it senses the power near.

“Aubrey.” I hear someone sigh.

I turn and look at Carlisle, worry written all over his face. “How are you feeling?” He asks coming closer to me.

“Good.” I reply with a small smile.

“Are you sure?” He asks again as he touches my forehead.

“I’m sure Car- dad.”

Carlisle smiles and embraces me into a hug, I wrap my arms around him and smile to myself, he feels like home.

“I’m very glad you decided to come.” He tells me as his smile grows.

“It’s just temporally.” I tell him as I take a step back.

“No no, this is your home, you are my daughter.”

“This was their home first and I don’t want them to fee-”

“Aubrey you’re staying here and that’s final.” Carlisle cuts me off and kisses my forehead as if I were a little kid.

I sigh and nod, not wanting to argue. “I’m going to go lay down.” I tell him and begin to walk towards the stairs.

“Esme made dinner, I hope you like spaghetti.”

I turn slightly and smile. “I love it.” I say and walk up to Nessie’s room.

I drop on her bed and stare at the wall’s paint designs, soon sleep begins to take over and my eyelids close feeling relieved.

“It’s perfect Aubrey, dear.” Elizabeth exclaims as she looks at me with a big smile.
I look down at my dress and smile as I smooth it down.

“He’s going to drop dead when he sees you.”

“Lets hope not.” I giggle and sigh out of happiness.

“And your blond curls will look lovely loose.” She says and then begins to cough repeatedly.

I look at her with concern and take hold of her hand as she sits down on the bed. “What’s wrong?” I ask kneeling down besides her.

She shakes her head and tries to suppress the coughs. “Nothing dear- just the dust- that’s all.” She clears her throat and stands up, but immediately falls back down.

“Edward!” I shout running out of the room still in my wedding dress. “Edward!” I shout again, he comes running into the house and stares at me. “It’s bad luck to see you in your dress before the wedding Aubrey.” He says closing his eyes.

“There’s something wrong with your mom.” I say quickly taking his hand and leading him to the room, his mom still on the bed, he kneels besides her and touched her forehead.

“She has a fever.” he murmurs.

“We should take her to the hospital.” I say.

“She’s probably just coming down with a cold, she’ll be better before we know it.”

“Yeah, no need to worry about old me Hun.” Elizabeth coughs.

Edward stands up and takes my hand taking me out of the room.

“She doesn’t look too well Edward, what if it’s something wors-”

“Aubrey, she’s going to be fine okay?” He says stroking my cheek.

I sigh and nod placing my hand on top of his.

“You look beautiful by the way.” He whispers placing his lips on mine.

“You weren’t supposed to see me until next week.” I say against his lips.

“You’ll look even more beautiful then.” He says and then kisses me softly and lightly, I clasp his face and pull him closer to me.

“I love you Edward.” I whisper and kiss his neck.

He steps back and smiles. “I will always love you Aubrey.” He tells me and pecks my lips.


“You lied!” I shout.

“Aubrey?”

I look around and see Nessie’s figure in the darkness. “Are you okay?” She whispers.

“Yeah, just a bad dream.” I reply rubbing my temples and lay back down.

“Dream or memory?” Nessie asks.

“How do y-”

“You kept saying his name.”

I could feel Edward’s lips on mine, like a horrible scar. I wipe my lips and sigh staring at the black ceiling.

“What time is it?”

“It’s going to be midnight, I tried waking you up for dinner but there was no point.”

“Sorry that I took your bed.”

Nessie giggles. “Emmett brought me another bed, so don’t worry about it.”

I nod, even though she can’t see me. I sigh and turn to my side hoping sleep will come over me soon once more.

- - -

For the past two weeks I had managed to stay clear from everybody else in the house, but I think it was thanks to Carlisle, who told them to give me space, I had found this out from Nessie. But school was a different thing.

“You’re weak.” Edward spoke.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. “Weak?”

“Yeah, I can still hear you.”

“Oh.”

“I can sense you trying to bring your walls up but it’s as if you no longer have any.”

“That’s because I don’t, I basically lost all my hard work in matter of a minute.” I tell him and continue to do my worksheet. But I can feel his eyes on me.

I look back at him. “What?”

“Why do you always dream about the past?” He asks as he stares intently at me.

“I can’t help what I dream.” I tell him with a small shrug.

Edward opens his mouth to say something else, but instead sighs and looks away. I sigh as well and go back to finishing my worksheet.

“I have great news!” Nessie exclaims happily as she walks into Home-Ed.

“What are they?” I ask a bit clueless.

“There’s going to be a bonfire on Saturday in La Push.”

“And?”

“What do you mean ‘and?’ it’s going to be fun!”

“I didn’t say it wasn’t.” I laugh a bit and take out a piece of paper to write down the recipe for today’s assignment.

“Well you should at least pretend to be excited.”

I gasp my eyes going wide. “A bonfire? I can’t wait!” I say sarcastically and begin to laugh hysterically.

Nessie sighs and sits down rolling her eyes at me.

“Was that a better reaction?” I ask with a smirk.

“Eh, no, not really.”

I continue to laugh quietly as Nessie gathers up all the ingredients, she returns and dumps everything on the table.

“Shouldn’t pasta just consist of tomato sauce and cheese?” Nessie whines.

“There’s different types of pasta, not just the one kind you like.” I tell her and giggle.

“You’re just full of laughter today aren’t you?”

I shrug and organize everything to make it easier, I put the pasta noodles in a pot with water and then place it on the stove. Then I take an onion, “Where’s the knife?” I ask Nessie.

“Uh… I’ll go get it.” Nessie says, but before she can take a step a knife comes zooming through the sky and drops on the table in front of me.

My eyes go wide and I gasp looking around hoping nobody saw.

“What the hell Aubrey!?” Nessie whispers in pure terror.

“I didn’t do it on purpose! I saw the knife and it just happened and I couldn’t stop myself.”

“At least nobody saw, but you need to get control back before anything else like that happens again.” Nessie whispers glancing around a bit.

I take in a deep breath and concentrate hard as to not let my mind do all the working as I begin to cut up all the vegetables.

Then there’s a loud shriek followed by complete silence.

“OH MY GOD!” Someone shouts as they run into the class room. “Carol is dead!” She cries out as tears run down her face.

“What!?” Multiple people shout out in shock.

“We found her body by the woods.” She says as her lips tremble.

“I think she was attacked by some kind of animal, maybe a wolf.”

I look at Nessie who’s looking at me with wide eyes. “They wouldn’t hurt anybody.” She whispers.

A bell rings and then the principle’s voice is heard from the speakers.

“School will be dismissed early today, I’ve been told by the police department to inform you to go straight home and stay there until further notice. There will be no class tomorrow either.”

A second bell rings and everybody begins to gather their stuff.

“Class!” The teacher yells and everybody freezes.

“Turn everything off and put everything away, then you may leave.”

Nessie and I move quickly and hurry out the door and run to the parking lot, where the rest of the Cullen’s are gathered talking amongst themselves.

“We have to go to La Push.” Nessie says as we approach them.

“No you and Aubrey are going to the hospital with Carlisle, Bella and I will go to La Push, the rest will scan the woods. Now go!” Edward says with authority.

Nessie groans angrily and takes Emmett’s car keys. I follow her and hop into the jeep.

“We’ll meet up at home in an hour!” Edward shouts.

Emmett’s jeep roars to life and Nessie drives away quickly before the parking lot turns into mess of cars.

“What’s happening?” I ask as soon as we hit the road.

“Possibly something dangerous or just a bear attack.”

“Why is everyone so panicked?”

“There was a new born vampire army some years ago, I wasn’t born yet but it was a mess and we have to protect the people of Forks.”

“What do you think it is?”

“I don’t know, I hope it was just a bear attack and nothing more.”

Moments later Nessie parks and we walk through the hospital doors, Nessie walks straight to Carlisle’s office and knocks.

“Come in.” Carlisle’s voice calls out.

We walk in. “Did you hear about the attack?”

“Wha-” Before Carlisle can finish his phone begins to ring, he picks it up and begins to nod and say ‘yes

“Right now!? How? Yes I’ll be there.” He says and hangs up the phone.

“I just got a call from the sheriff, I’m going down to examine the body. I want you two young ladies to go home and stay there with Esme, until everybody gets back. Understood?”

“Yes Sir.“ Nessie nods and we walk out, we hop back into the jeep and drive a couple of minutes then drives off the road into the woods.

“What are you doing?!” I exclaim as the jeep bounces up and down.

“I hate being treated like a child, we’re going to do a little exploring of our own.” She says putting the jeep on park and takes the keys out of the ignition.

We begin to run through the woods sniffing out any strange or unfamiliar scent, we come to a stop and catch our breath’s. I shake my head at Nessie. “There’s nothing out here.”

“I guess we don’t have to worry about anything.” Nessie says sounding a bit disappointed.

I take a couple of steps and then stumble as pain rushes to my head.

“Are you okay?”

“Shh.” I whisper bringing a finger to my lips.

“There’s two of them.” I whisper standing up. I take a couple of steps forward and the vibration increases. “This way.” I tell Nessie.

She comes to my side and we take small steps forward until Nessie grabs my shoulder making me stop abruptly.

“Over there.” She says in a low voice.

I see a young women standing with her back facing me, her long straight blond hair stopping at her lower back. “Where is the other one?” I ask Nessie.

“Right here.” A male voice says from behind us sending chills down my spine.

I gulp as Nessie takes hold of my hand and squeezes it, as if we were preparing ourselves to die.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! My idea worked. hehe.
Next chapter will be posted in about 3 minutes.