Your Not Alone; I'm Here With You

Chapter 7

The rest of the meal seemed to go the same way, until Emily and me both seemed to sigh. We gave up and talked to the guys talking to us. This is a pretty interesting beginning to my time here. After we all finished eating, a meal of mismatched Ready to Eat Meals, we helped to clear a way the trash by throwing it in the dark outer tunnel. It was pretty scary actually, not knowing if one of those things could be lurking in the shadows.
“So now what?” I asked turning to my right where Brian stood closing the door. He shrugged, “Actually, I’m kind of tired, I think I’m gonna go to bed. I’m sure your not though, you can hang with Emily and Chase.”
“Oh okay.” I turned to my left where they stood by the couch as Brian walked of towards the room filled with makeshift beds.
“We could play a board game.” Emily suggested. They both seemed to like this idea so I just shrugged.
So that’s where we were now, playing a game of monopoly, me winning. Emily had wanted to play Sorry, but Chase excitedly sided with me.
“I’ll buy it.” Chase told as he landed on a green offer.
“Okay.” I said putting his money in the bank. He accidentally counted his money wrong, or maybe he thought he was good at cheating, but I didn’t care, I was winning anyway.
“Can’t you give me a re-roll?” Emily begged as she ended up having to go to jail.
“No. That would be cheating.” I replied matter-of-factly.
“You let Chase have one.” She mimicked my tone.
I just shrugged moving her piece to jail and grabbing the dice. Okay, so maybe I’m a bit mad about dinner. About the way she claimed Brian’s attention, a little jealous, but hey anyone would be. Wait, no they wouldn’t. This is crazy, I just met these people and somehow I think I got myself into some kind of love square.
I froze and gave Emily back the dice and moved her square to the spot it was at before.
“Here. You can have a re-roll.” I smiled.
“Thanks Jade.” She smiled back and we continued playing from there.
I ended up losing the game. How? I’m not quite sure, it could probably be a mixture of all the cheating we did the rest of the game. We ended up playing a few more, and staying up later than everyone else, causing us to have to tiptoe into the sleeping room.
That proved more difficult then I would have thought. There was little moving space between all the beds, making it really hard to not bump into them. In the end I ended up waking two young kids and an adult who glared sternly at me. I finally made it over to my cot and lay down. I sighed as I landed on the small space. It was even comfy the second time.
I closed my eyes and fell asleep thinking of all the recent events. This caused me to toss and turn, even wake up multiple times.
“Could you stop? Your disturbing people.” Brian whispered jokingly as I opened my eyes turning in my cot once again.
“Well sorry. I just can’t sleep.” I said glaring up to him.
“Relax, I’m just messing with you. Come on” He reached out a hand pulling me up and maneuvering us through the obstacle course and out of the room. He bought me out and into the living room, where he told me to sit on the couch.
“I’ll be right back.” He put his hand in a stop sign as he backed towards the storage area. He rummaged around for a bit before coming back with two candles, he put them down on a small table and lit them, causing the room to have actually light. He went back to the pile again and pulled out a stack of books. He came back and sat next to me.
“Reading always helps me take my mind off things.” He handed me the stack.
“Thank you.” I took it and began shuffling through the titles for something interesting. I ended up picking up the book “The Foreshadowing”.
He took the stack back and grabbed a book himself. And so we both relaxed reading by candlelight; a great gift from Brain.
♠ ♠ ♠
An update for TearDrops. Its her b-day!
comments?
hope you like.
Oh and I was thinking....let me know if you want me to re-format this.
The way it's spaced or what not to make it easier to read or what ever.