Status: Finished.

The "Family" Secret

Forgetting.

I forced him off of me with a strong shove. I was already starting to forget about everything else that had been happening. I couldn’t focus on the fact that Pete was gone, nor the fact that I left Ryan alone to chase after someone who we didn’t know. The man was obviously strong, he had tossed me to the ground, I was sliding till I hit a tree. And it hurt like hell.
Thinking about forgetting was making it harder to forget.
The monster stood after I shoved him, he didn’t even fall over. He was starting to agitate me. I carefully, but quickly stood up.
The monster and I stood facing each other. Me, facing the north. The monster facing the south.
I needed to get to Astoria. I couldn’t waste my time with this monster, but he just wouldn’t give up. I needed a plan, and fast.
The monster looked like he was ready to kill, I knew he was capable of it also. I was starting to feel weak, but physically, but just mentally. I wanted to give up, just let the monster kill me. I had almost nothing to live for, Ryan was all I had left and he was keeping secrets from me.
I didn’t know who I could trust anymore.
I quickly placed a flame on the monster as I ran past him and to the north. I was hoping to surprise him, maybe he would be to interested in the flame and just let me go.
I ran and ran, only looking back once, and the monster wasn’t following.
I started to breath again, holding my breath was starting to slow me down.
---
I had just made it to Salem, and if Ryan was running as fast as I was, he would’ve already hit the coast and the man would be coming north.
Corvallis Ryan told me. He sounded tired, but I was glad he was alright. I sort of worried about leaving him by himself.
You’re close. I just got to Salem
We’re heading your way, be ready.
I stopped running, I was in the middle of town. I was surrounded by people, mostly women with their shopping bags. I went on my tip-toes and looked for any trees, we couldn't have a fight right in the middle of the city.
I kept walking, I was finally in front of the First Baptist Church of Salem.
Wouldn’t it be great to kill a vampire in a Church?
I laughed to myself.
Ryan would never approve. I would have to find somewhere else, but fast.
They were already entering the city.
There’s nowhere here, we have to go to Portland I told Ryan. There were almost no trees in Salem, there was a whole forest in Portland though.
Forest park, north east of Oak Hills. Ryan responded.
“Good idea.” I said out-loud to him as I started to run to Portland.
I made it to Tigard, Ryan was almost to Woodburn. He was getting close, I was scared that I wasn’t running fast enough and that we would all end up meeting near the Portland Golf Club.
But I was getting so close. I had to keep running, we all had to make it to Forest Park. I was scared that people would get hurt if we were anywhere else but woods.
---
I made it to the Park. Ryan was only seconds behind, the man only feet in front of him. He was running faster then I’d ever seen anyone run before. He didn’t even look the least bit tired.
“Come on Nicole, we can do this.” Ryan told me.
Things were so different now. Ryan, Pete, and I used to have the most calm life, now we’re running after monsters and other vampires who try and kill us. Why do they want to hurt us in the first place? Where did they all come from? I didn’t want the rest of my life to be me fighting off dangerous monsters and other deadly vampires.
Ryan, I can’t do this.
The man running in front of Ryan tackled me, his fists were digging into my stomach. I didn’t want to fight back, I wanted to give up. I wanted to stop fighting. I didn’t want my life to end, I just wanted things to go back to they way they were.
I laid there on the ground.
Ryan tore him off of me and threw him to the ground, the man jumped back up and did the same to Ryan. He was stronger then both Ryan and I had realized. I wanted that moment to be the end.
I didn’t care what happened to the strange man. I didn’t even know his name, where he came from, or what he was doing here.
I felt the sudden urge to throw up, I sat up and started taking big, deep breaths. The man throwing my back with his fists in my stomach obviously did damage.
“Fire! Fire!” Ryan yelled. I looked up, my heart skipped a beat.
Ryan had the man pinned to the ground, both of them were breathing heavily.
I wanted to help, but I just wanted to die. I was in so much pain, I was so tired. You’re probably wondering why a vampire would be so tired? We aren’t what most people think. Yes, we have the special powers, well most of us do anyways. Stephanie Meyer really messed up what people think about us. They want to be us; think that we’re beautiful. They want the immortality. But we’re so much more then that, we’re killers. We kill our own kind, we kill the humans for no reason.
We’re monsters. Beasts. Fiends.
I’d rather live my life as a human.
Vampires aren’t that great. Our speed is faster then most think though, we’re strong, but most of the time not strong enough to fight off our own kind.
“Ryan, I can’t.” I murmured. “Nicole! Get up and kill him!” Ryan ordered to me. I wanted to yell at Ryan, tell him he wasn’t the boss of me, but I felt like if I even opened my mouth a little bit more then all guts and blood in my body would pour out.
I coughed, again and again. Not like I was clearing my throat, but like something from my stomach wanted out.
Blood poured out of my mouth. Like a running faucet. I had a stinging pain in my stomach, it just wouldn’t go away.
I was frightened.
“Ryan, help me!” I sobbed as there was a break in the blood flowing from my mouth. I started to cry.
“Where are they!?” Ryan yelled at the man, he still had him pinned to the ground. I heard the man laugh. Ryan picked him up and then banged him back on the ground.
I was feet away, puking up blood, and Ryan was still paying attention to the bastard who attempted to kill me.
I was tired of this. I took all of the hope and strength I had left and stood up. I was now spitting up blood, it wasn’t running like water from a faucet anymore.
Gone.
“Accept it Ryan, they’re all gone. We don’t need him.” I said quietly, but also comfortingly to him. It was hard to keep my balance, I was so tired. “They’re not gone Nicole!” Ryan yelled back as he glared at me. I just stared at the man on the ground.
“What do you want?” I asked as I shrugged my shoulders. He knew I was clueless. “Why are you after us, what did I ever do to you?”
Ryan placed the palm of his hand on the neck of the man’s, he started pushing down. “You didn’t win that war.” he let out. A shock of disturbance ran through my body.
I threw Ryan off of him and took his place on top of him, kneeling down on his chest. “What are you talking about.” I asked him angrily as I also pushed down on his throat. “You remember, 1856.” he uttered. I pushed down harder. “We won, there was no one left.” I told him.
Ryan then tried to push me off of him. “Stop!” I yelled at him, “just go away.”
I focused back on the man. “There were many left.” he told me. I started to release my hand off of his throat, but I still held him down. “You’re one of them.” I said, I was starting to get it now.
“This is all just a silly war.” I said to Ryan. “There’s nothing silly about it.” The man spat at me. “We’re going to win, once and for all.” he sneered.