Status: Finished.

The "Family" Secret

The War.

“The war’s over.” I told him candidly as I stood up and started walking towards Ryan. I still felt weak as I walked. The sun was starting to set. It had been a long hard day.
“This is a joke.” I told Ryan as I walked just past him and stood still. I couldn’t believe that the man still wasn’t over the war.
Don’t worry. I’ll get him. Just wait a second. I told Ryan. I knew the man would get back up. Ryan and I could both sense it.
Ryan and I walked for about 10 seconds, I then knew the man stood up, he was getting ready to attack. “Aaaaand.” I said out-loud to Ryan. Ryan waited a second.
“Go.” he muttered.
A small smile appeared on my face. I quickly turned around, the man had already jumped in the air to get me. I raised my hands up above my head towards him, releasing the flames from my palms.
The inferno smacked him violently. I took a step back, it had taken a lot out of me. I had never released so much energy but the flames made me feel better. I was still exhausted. I sat down on the ground the same time the dead body fell from the sky.
“I totally just kicked major ass.” I told Ryan nodding, as I looked at the blackened body.
I suddenly missed Pete. I looked around once more, just to make sure he wasn’t around; and he wasn’t hiding. It would’ve been a great moment to share with him.
“More then you know.” Ryan replied. “Hmm?” I asked as I looked up at him.
“He was their leader.”