Give Me Something, Give Me Anything.

Chapter Nine.

"Kennedy! Tim's here!" My mom yelled up the steps.

I squealed to myself and slid my shoes on, heading down the steps. Tim was taking me out on our first official date.

He smiled at me and kissed my lips quickly, "Hey, you."

"Oh knock it off," John groaned from the couch, "Just because I'm alright with this doesn't mean you can mack it right in front of me."

I laughed as he stood up, walking over to us. He placed a hand on Tim's shoulder and smirked, "You hurt my sister, I hurt your face."

"John!" I yelled, shoving him.

Tim laughed, "Chill out, dude. I'll have her home by eleven."

"You better."

"John, calm down, love," My mom laughed, "Have fun kids."

"Bye," I said as Tim grabbed my hand, pulling me in the direction of the door.

"Kennedy!" John whined.

I turned around and looked at him, "What?"

He opened his arms and grinned while I walked back over to him, hugging him tightly.

"You're a loser," I mumbled into his shirt.

"But you love me," He said, kissing the top of my head.

"Can I go now?" I laughed.

"I suppose. Have fun."

I smiled at him and kissed his cheek before heading out the front door with Tim.

"So, where are we going?" I asked as we climbed into his car.

"I can't tell you that."

"Tim," I whined, "I hate surprises."

He grinned, "I know. But don't worry, it's nothing too fancy," He said, kissing my hand.

"Good," I smiled.

-X-

Tim had taken me to a cute little Italian restaurant right outside of Tempe. It wasn't too fancy, but it wasn't too formal, either. It was just perfect. Even though Tim and I have known each other since we were kids, it seems like we found out a lot more about each other than we already knew. He's such a sweetheart, and probably one of the funniest people ever. We had finished at the restaurant about an hour ago, and we were now wandering aimlessly around Tempe.

"Tim?" I asked.

"Yes, Kennedy?" He smiled down at me.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For taking me out."

He smiled again, "No problem, pretty lady."

I laughed, "Dork."

"Oh fine, be that way," He scoffed.

I squeezed his hand gently and laughed, "I was kidding."

He released my hand and wrapped his arm tightly around my waist, "We should get back. You have to be home in half an hour."

I sighed, "I don't want to go home."

He laughed, "Now normally, I'd keep you out later. But this is technically our first date. And I don't need your dad and John threatening to murder me."

I shoved him playfully as we found our way back to the restaurant's parking lot, "They wouldn't kill you, Tim. My dad wouldn't, anyway. He trusts you with me more than John does."

"I know. Which doesn't really make any sense, considering John and I have been best friends since we were seven."

"Exactly," I said.

We had made it to his car by this point and he took both of my hands in his, smiling at me, "So did you have a good time tonight, darling?"

I smiled back, "I did. Thank you."

"You already thanked me," He laughed.

I laughed, too, "I know. But I felt like I needed to say it again."

He grinned and leaned down, placing a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Mmm," I mumbled against his lips, "Thank you for that, too."

He laughed quietly and kissed me again before we both climbed into his car.

The ride home held a comfortable silence, and we made it to my house exactly three minutes before eleven.

"I'm glad you had fun," Tim said.

I smiled, "Me, too."

He leaned over and placed his hands on either side of my neck, pulling me closer to him before his lips collided into mine. My hands knotted in his tousled, light brown hair and I kissed him back without hesitation. I sighed a few minutes later and pulled away, "I have to go," I said quietly.

He shook his head, "Not yet. You have a minute left. It's only 10:59," He whined.

I laughed quietly and leaned in to kiss him again, "Text me in the morning?"

He nodded, "I will."

He kissed me one last time and smiled, "Goodnight, Kennedy."

I smiled back, "Goodnight, Tim."

He waited until I made it in the front door to pull out of the driveway and I sighed happily as I shut the door behind me.

My parents looked up at me from the couch and my mom grinned, "How was it?"

I laughed, "Amazing."

"Well that's good," She said.

My dad nodded, "Tim's a nice guy."

I smiled, "I know. Where's John?"

"In his room," He said, nodding towards the stairs.

I said goodnight to them both before I sprinted up the steps and down the hallway to John's room. I knocked lightly on his door and opened it slightly.

"Why do you even bother knocking if you're just going to come in, anyway?" He laughed, his eyes glued to his laptop screen.

"I don't know," I said, walking into his room and sitting on his bed.

He turned to look at me, "So?"

"So what?"

He rolled his eyes, "So how was it?"

I grinned, "Fabulous."

He wrinkled his nose at me, "That's such a dumb word."

I laughed at him as he turned back around to look at his laptop.

"What did you do tonight?" I asked.

He shrugged, "Garrett, Jared and Kennedy were here for a little bit. They just left like, 10 minutes ago."

I nodded, "Exciting."

"So did Tim try and get in your pants?"

"John!" I yelled, "We've been together for less than a week!"

He turned around again and his crooked grin spread across his face, "I was kidding. Chill out."

I sprawled out across his bed and yawned, "You're an idiot."

He waved a hand in the air, "What else is new?"

Once I started falling asleep, I faintly heard him say, "Don't you fall asleep in my bed."

And when I didn't answer him, I felt his arms slip under me and lift me from his bed, carrying me down the hallway and into my room.

"John?" I mumbled quietly as he placed me on my bed.

"What?" He asked.

"Thank you for letting me go out with Tim," I said as he slipped my shoes off of my feet and pulled my blankets up over me.

"Yeah, yeah."

"John?" I asked again once I heard him walking away.

"What?"

"You'll always be my favorite boy, so you don't have to worry about Tim replacing you," I said as my eyes fluttered closed again.

I heard him laugh quietly and some movement before he placed a kiss on my forehead, "I love you, Kennedy," He whispered.

I smiled, "Love you, too, John," I mumbled before slipping into a heavy sleep.

Everything in my life was good again. No one had a problem with Tim and I being together. Pat and Embry were finally, slowly but finally, starting to get together. And John, my best friend in the whole world, would always be there for me no matter what happened between Tim and I.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww, last Kennedy chapter.
Embry's last chapter is next.
And then this story is over!
Sad, right?
For the record, you kids suck really hard at commenting.
Which is why I took so long to post this.

COMMENT <3