I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

I glanced around the room. It was dark and I had no clue as to where the light switch could possibly be. I felt along the walls for a switch and eventually found it. I flipped it on and the room came to life. I hurriedly shut the door so that nobody would notice me in the room. The bed was messed up. Messy Nuri.

I glanced around and nothing of real interest. I decided to go through his drawers. I opened the first drawer and I saw condoms on the very top. The seal was broken. It was a twelve pack and there were only three left. Ewwww. Under the condoms were boxers. I decided to get a hanger and rifle through them with it. On the very bottom I saw a small outline of what looked like a crack. I looked to see how far the crack went and it came to a turn upward. I emptied the drawer and saw that the crack was actually a secret compartment.

Nuri’s got a dirty little secret! You watch, I’m gonna find a bunch of locks of hair. Maybe a finger from one of the people that he’s stalked. Heh heh heh.

I pried the little door open with the hanger. The hanger got bent out of shape considerably, but what is one hanger to whatever mystery that lies beneath this drawer? It eventually gave in and creaked when I opened it. I stopped, my heart going like crazy, waiting for Nuri to come in screaming that this was an invasion of privacy and beating my brains in. It never happened. I let out a sigh of relief and looked into the compartment. I found a little black notebook. It looked considerably old. The pages were yellowed with age. I opened up to the first page.

July 23, 1907

Dear Journal,

This is the first entry of this journal. I hope it won’t be the last. I’ve finally come to the decision that I’m not a human anymore. Something more powerful. Better. I feel the need to help people on the constant. Why, just last night I’d helped a man of slavery out of his miserable life and into a better one. I no longer feel the urge to pilfer things like I had before. I would love to know what is going on.

Yours Truly,

Nuri


This must have been when Nuri first became an angel. Damn was he old. I flipped to a different page.

May 31, 1908

Dear Journal,

I’ve finally discovered what all of this is about. I’ve been guided by my good friend David. It’s all making sense now. David explained to me that we’re angels. This is why we feel the need to help people constantly. There is so much information about it that it’s hard to all write in this small journal. I will only say this. There is this thing called a sun. The sun is a human, just as I was, that ends wars between the immortals. Its always a girl. There are also three main worlds. Human, angel, and demon. Vampires live among the human world.

This is as much as I will write because David is calling me. We are leaving for the angel world tonight. We’ve done many good deeds in this human world. I wonder what it is like in the angel world? I assume I will find out.

Yours truly,

Nuri


I flipped a few pages away.

January 27, 1932

Dear Journal,

I’m beginning to wonder if I want to be in the angel world anymore. It’s wonderfully peaceful, but I will myself to be in the human world. That’s where the angels are truly needed. People are in trouble and need helping. Here, there is no problem. My nature to help is overpowering my love for a peaceful world. Shall I go?

Yours truly,

Nuri


I wondered on if this was how he ended up getting booted out of the angel world. It could be.

March 15, 1956

Dear Journal,

Leaving the angel world was hard, but I managed it. I’m back in the human world. Vampires continue to try and get me to the angel world once again. I refuse. Helping people is what I need to do. And it is what I shall do. There is no changing my mind.

Yours truly,

Nuri

June 7, 1956

Dear Journal,

I’ve met a very troubled girl. Her father hits her mother and her. I want to help her out of her miserable life. Her name is Sarah. Oh, journal. She’s so beautiful. She’s sweet, kind, stunning, charming. I’m attracted to her, but I haven’t made myself appear into her life quite yet. I can’t wait to do so.

Yours truly,

Nuri


So, Nuri met a girl? How interesting. No more skipping pages. I flipped to the next entry.

September 9,1957

Dear Journal,

Sarah and I have left her horrid life for good now. We’ve left Philadelphia to leave for Wyoming. What a wonderful life we will have once we get there, too. She’s so wonderful, journal. I cannot explain to you how absolutely intoxicating she really is. Here is a picture of us before we left, journal. I love her with all of my heart. I really do.

Yours truly,

Nuri


I looked at the picture. It was a black and white picture, but the woman had light hair and her eyes were light, also. Her skin was pale and she wore a dress that fell to her ankles. Next to her was Nuri. He was smiling fully. Something I had never seen on his face. His arm was wrapped around her waist. They were a cute couple, really. But the scary part about the picture was this: The girl looked like me. I know for a fact that that I didn’t live all the way back in 1956, so this wasn’t me. But it was scary. I flipped to the next page.

April 24, 1958

Dear Journal,

Sarah is pregnant! She is glowing with the delight of bearing our child. I’m ecstatic about the thought of being a father. We married last year when we got to Wyoming. We’re on our way to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I cannot wait until our child is born.

Yours truly,

Nuri


Awwee. They were having a baby! How cute! Kinda creepy, seeing as Nuri had a child in the fifties with a woman who looked like my clone, but it was cute, nonetheless. I looked to the next date. July 13th. Hey, that was today!

July 13, 1958

Dear Journal,

Sarah is dead. She was never really a human. Merely a demon who planned on killing me from the start. I’m so terribly distraught, journal. I fell in love with a demon. I deflowered a demon. I married a demon. And I killed that demon all the same. I know she hated me all along. It probably nearly killed her, having to act like she was delighted to be near me and bear my child. I’m still incredibly upset. I loved her with all my heart. I may never move on. I go back to the angel world tomorrow. I will tell no one of this. Never. This journal will stay in the human world, under the floorboard in Sarah and my old cabin we had when we lived in Wyoming. Never shall I come back to this world again. Or that is my hope.

Yours truly,

Nuri


I gasped after reading the first two sentences. It was shocking. Sarah, a woman who lived over sixty years ago, looked exactly like me and was a demon that Nuri fell in love with. Maybe that was why he was so upset. I looked to the next entry. It took place a few months ago.

May 3, 2008

Dear Journal,

I’m afraid my hopes of staying in the angel world have been shattered. The angels found out about my affair with Sarah all those decades ago. I’ve fallen. They threw me to the demon world and I encountered very many demons. Nearly all of them knew who I was and about Sarah. I still ponder on how I’d managed to find that portal to the shape-shifter world. After going through the world of shape-shifters, I found a portal to the human world. Deciding that demons would probably look for me in the world of shape-shifters, I went into the human world.

I went back to the house in Wyoming. It was run down and abandoned. Everything was left as it was when Sarah and I left of Pittsburgh. I came to a group of vampires. Ari, Kavan, and Kayne are their names. They told me of a prophecy about a girl who is a sun. They told me that my coming here and killing Sarah is going to start a war and this sun is going to fix it for me. I’ve so much to learn.

Yours truly,

Nuri


So that’s how he found the guys. And now I really did have to clean up his mess. It sucks about this Sarah girl, but whatever. I flipped to the next entry.

June 5, 2008

Dear Journal,

The sun happens to be an Ultimate Sun of some kind. The scary part about her is that she is the near clone of Sarah. The only thing is, she has the sun marking around her belly button. Sarah never had that. I hate her, journal. I hate the fact that it’s my fault that she’s here too. Her name is Victrivia. She is rude and needs to learn her place. She’s nothing but a weak little human as of this point. Once she gets her necklace, she will become powerful. She’s figured out that it is my fault that she’s here with the vampires. She claims that I’m the reason she’ll never have a normal life. If only she knew about Sarah. Every time I look at Victrivia, I feel the heartbreak all over again and I wish death upon her. But the most frustrating part of it is that I will never be able to harm her for the fact that she is the sun whom will stop this war.

But at the same time, I wish I could hold her in my arm and kiss her and never pull away. When I spoke to Ari of this, he said that this is the way all suns are. They’re like a drug that you can’t shake from your system. I hope she never learns that she has this effect on me. Never. I hate her more than any being I’ve ever hated since Sarah. But journal, I like her, too. It’s scary.

Yours truly,

Nuri


It’s wonderful to know that he loves me so much. I shut the book and put it in the little compartment in the drawer, and put all of the boxers and the twelve-pack of condoms back into the drawer, and then I shut the drawer neatly and stormed out of the room.

He hates me. What did I ever do to him? Just because I kicked him in the balls and I look like Sarah. I’ve never been so incredibly insulted in my entire life.

I knew there was more in that journal, but I didn’t care to read more about how much Nuri hated me. It probably killed him to be nice to me in the end. I felt so much hatred towards him right now. But beyond all of the anger and fury, there was a void of sadness. I stopped dead in my tracks and took deep breaths. No. Don’t cry. You’re not going to cry.

I pulled my pants down to my hip to see the scar that would remind me why I let no one see me cry. Seeing it, the water in my eyes disappeared. The only person in the world that knew why I wouldn’t cry was Kay. And she was in her room doodling right now.

I took another deep breath and went off to find Ari. I was going to tell Kay about all of this. I needed to tell her about how Nuri hated me. I had to. I would have a mental breakdown if I couldn’t tell Kay about this. No joke, I would. I’m still grateful for the necklace around my neck for the fact that no one could read my mind. I walked into the kitchen and saw Ari fiddling with his own iPod.

“Ari, I need to tell Kay about vampires and angels and demons. I need to. I have to talk to her and if I don’t I’ll have a breakdown. I can’t talk to her about it if she doesn’t know and I can only talk to her about what I need to say.” I explained.

“No, Triv. It’s not happening. It’s bad enough she’s staying with us right now.” He pointed out. I grabbed the nearest knife and held it to my neck.

“I’ll kill myself, Ari.” I threatened. He gave me a challenging look. I pressed the knife a bit harder against my neck and it broke some skin. Blood dripped down my neck. Ari hissed and winced at the sight of my blood.

“Fine. Tell her. Leave.” He growled. I pulled the knife away from my neck. After grabbing a rag to wipe up the blood on my neck, I walked to the bedroom that Kaylynne and I shared. I opened the door and saw her on the computer, attempting to draw something on paint.

“Kay, I need to talk to you.” I said. She exited out and spun around in the chair to meet my eyes.

“Okay. What’s on your mind?” she asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, I have nothing to say... OOH I KNOW! I got a kitten! My sister named her Izzy. I wanted to name it Ginger. But NOOOOO. >:| oh well. She's cleaning the litter box, not me. :D
-molly.