I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

It took me hours to finish explaining every detail of what I’d known. Then, it took another hour to explain the notebook I’d found in Nuri’s room and how the woman Nuri had fallen in love with could be some freaky deaky clone of me.
“They’ve got you smoking a lot of pot. Yup. That’s it. You’re smoking something. There is no possible way that—” I cut her off.
“Yes, there is. I’ve explained every bit of it to you, Kay. If you put me on a drug test, I would be totally clean. Stop being so difficult about it. It’s all true and I’m your best friend. You know that I wouldn’t just make this all up.” She looked like she was pondering on something for a moment and then her eyes flickered back to mine.
“You’re lucky. Every immortal wants to bang you as of this point. They’re all so fucking sexy. It’s so not fair. I wish I had some beast necklace that gave me powers.” She complained.
That’s the good old Kay.
“Save for Nuri.” I added. She rolled her eyes.
“Nuri is a dumbass. He is the entire reason why you have these powers. If he really wanted to kill you, he’d have to get through me first. And don’t forget what Ray would do to him. Oh… Ray.” She stopped. I looked at my feet and pulled my phone out of my back pocket. I’ve had his number memorized ever since the incident that happened all of those years ago.
“Do you want to call him?” I asked. I knew that Kaylynne was probably missing Ray as much as I was. It was simply common sense. He was like a brother to the both of us. He was just the more responsible of the three of us.
“Are we allowed to?” she wondered aloud. I smiled at her.
“If the call goes through, then there’s no stopping us.” I pointed out. She nodded in response and I dialed the number. I pressed the speaker button and the phone and the ringing became loud enough for Kay to hear, too.
Ring…… Ring…… Ring…
“Hello?” His voice was absolute music to my ears. Ray’s deep, warm, sweet voice is one sound that I haven’t heard in any of the months I’ve been hear. It was like jumping into a cool pool after a 90 degree day. Absolutely refreshing.
“Ray! It’s Triv and Kay! We’ve missed you so much. You have no idea, dude.” I said. I heard a sigh of relief come through the ear piece.
“Victrivia Amorette Ambrosine. Where the hell have you been the past months? You’ve been gone for so long. Everybody everywhere was trying to find you. They gave up eventually, but believe me, it was devastating to me and Kay when you disappeared. You have no idea how worried you had me when I only saw Kay in that driveway the night you decided to pull a Houdini! Child you have so much explaining to do for me. I’ve been worried sick.” He lectured.
“Did you not hear me? Kay is here with me.” I pointed out, rolling my eyes. Kay smiled.
“Yeah, Ray! It’s me! I found Triv at the mall. She was kidnapped. But she has nice kidnappers. It’s complicated. They were nice enough to buy her a phone and now I live with her and her… kidnappers.” She explained.
“Kay. You have no idea how fucked you sound right now. Kidnappers are never equivalent to nice. Obviously you didn’t tell Triv about what happened that Friday you called me over when you had a breakdown because she still hadn’t shown up.”
“No, I didn’t tell her. Not yet. I’ll save it for a day we’re fighting and she calls me a bad friend.” She replied. I smiled.
“Love you too.” I said. She nodded into my direction grinning and then looked back to the phone as Ray began to talk.
“Well at least you’re okay. You have no idea how great it is to hear your voice, Triv. Really. I missed you so much when you were gone.”
“I missed you guys like hell, too! You have no idea! I flipped out on Nuri because this kidnapping is his entire fault and he didn’t even care about it!” I defended.
“I’ll kill him. If it’s his fault, I’m going to kill him. Where’s my coat? Damnit. Fuck the coat. Where are you? I’ll kill him. I really will! I will kill him and whoever else helped him. And then I’ll drive you guys back home. Where I know you’ll be safe and sound.” I snickered.
“Ray, it’s okay. They didn’t hurt either of us,” Kay said, trying to soothe him.
“Where the hell are my keys?”
“Really, Ray. It’s okay. We’re fine. You don’t need to kill anyone. We can leave whenever we want. I promise you.” Kay promised.
“Fine.” He grumbled.
“Well how’s it been the past weeks? Kay and I are roomies now!” I proclaimed.
“I would talk to you guys a little more, but I gotta go. Lindsay’s at the door…” Kay groaned at this.
“Fine.” She said bitterly and pressed end. I gave her a skeptical look.
“Who the hell is Lindsay?” I questioned. She rolled her eyes as if she didn’t want to talk about it.
“His new girlfriend, obviously. I hate her so much. She’s a conniving little witch and I hate her more than anyone I’ve ever hated before. You know how often I really spurn someone like this. I really do wish death upon Lindsay. She’s got Ray wrapped around her finger like the ring that he gave her last month for their one month anniversary. It’s only been, like, two months and he’s totally in love with her. On more than one occasion, Ray wouldn’t pick me up and I was stranded drunk somewhere because he was on a date with Lindsay and she wouldn’t let him leave.” She seethed.
“I don’t think I’m going to like her.” I stated. Kay smiled at my little sarcastic remark.
“So anyway, did you read any entries in his little… diary after the one that said that he hated you?” she inquired.
“No. I was pissed off so I just put it back. I didn’t want to read more about how he hated me and all of the flaws in my personality that he could see.” I responded.
“The only flaw I ever see in your personality is that you’re a little slut. But I love you anyways!” Kay said, putting an arm around me and enveloping me into a hug. I giggled.
“Let’s go get something to eat.” I offered, looking down to my very angry belly. She grinned.
“It’s a good thing these guys never get hungry because if they did, it would really suck ‘cause we eat everything in sight. And now there’s two of us.” She pointed out. I smiled.
“Ari learned that a while ago. I remember when I finished he was like ‘Next time I’m going to time you.’ It was funny. And then I spit brownies all over him…” I replied. Kay laughed.
Later…
“I have no idea how you did it, but you two have eaten every single portion of food we had in this house.” Ari marveled. Kay burped in response.
“Did I not tell you that we could?” I replied. He was still in awe. Earlier, we’d made a fifty dollar bet that we could eat all the food in the house if we could get our hands on it. We won.
“Yeah, you did. But I didn’t think that two twig skinny girls could do it!” He exclaimed.
“Next time don’t judge a book by it’s cover. That’s how some people end up dying, y’know.” Kay pointed out. It was around seven at night and Ari was still freaking out. We’d finished it about three hours ago.
“Whatever. You guys are freaks. I would love to know where you put it all. Seriously. It can’t be physically possible for you two to be able to eat that much and not be phased at all. One of you should have at least puked all over the place!”
“We’re the freaks? Uh, last I checked, you were the vampire. Not us. We can just freakishly eat large amounts of food. No fangs and we don’t feed off of other beings. Unlike vampires.” Kay pointed out.
“It’s not something I can help though.” He complained.
“Well it’s not exactly our fault that we can eat large amounts of food, either. Now show us the 150. You were the one keeping it.” I demanded. He rolled his eyes and pulled three fifty dollar bills out of his back pocket.
“Split it amongst yourselves. Never again am I going to make a bet with you two about food.” He proclaimed and walked out of the room. I grinned. Just as Kay opened her mouth to say something to me, the door swung open and Nuri came stumbling into the room.
“Nobody will fuck me tonight. Why are women so stubborn? Nobody likes to have any fun anymore.” He slurred.
“You’re wasted.” Kay said. He looked at her, squinting, as if he was utterly confused.
“I don’t know you. Who are you?” He questioned. She rolled her eyes at him and looked over to me.
“She’s Kay. You and the guys helped make her room, remember, Nuri?” I said. He squinted at me, now.
“I thought I killed you! How are you alive? Did one of the demons bring you back? Kayne! Sarah is alive!” He screamed, running around the kitchen counter like the idiot he was.
“I’m not Sarah, you dumbass!” I exclaimed as Kayne came running into the room with Ari and Kavan trailing behind him. Ari looked at him and I assumed that because he could read his mind, figured it out. Kayne just looked at me as if I were some god. It was starting to freak me out when Kay grabbed my and pulled me out of the kitchen.
“The drunk asshole doesn’t know who you are. He thinks you’re that demon Sarah girl from his journal. Jeeze. I say you go and get that diary of his and show it to me so I can see this picture. And so that we can read the rest of the entries.” Kay offered. I shook my head.
“No. They’re probably going to escort Nuri to his room anyway. I figure he’ll catch on when we go rifling through his top drawer.” I replied. She shrugged and we walked to our bedroom. I sat down and looked at the clock. It was eight thirty.
“Hey Kay, do you wanna see a movie?” I asked. Kay looked up at me and shrugged.
“What do you wanna go see?” She questioned.
“I heard they made the fifth saw. I guess we can go see that.” I suggested.
After the movie…
Kay and I ended up getting kicked out of the theater for screaming at the top of our lungs every time something jumped out in the movie. So we sat in front of the theater, trying to think of something to do.
“The mall is closed.” I stated, furrowing my brow.
“No duh the mall is closed. It’s nine.” Kay replied. There was an awkward silence for a bit until I came up with a brilliant idea.
“LET’S GO TO WALMART!” I announced. She laughed at my obnoxiousness.
“Sure, why not? We need a good adventure.” She declared and pulled her keys from her hoodie pocket. She stood up and walked to where we’d parked the car. Don’t ask me why we’d decided to just sit in front of the theater until we came up with something to do. I followed her and sat in the passenger seat.
“Okay. The GPS should guide us to the nearest Wal-Mart around here.” She said. I looked at the screen of the GPS. It read ‘SEARCHING FOR SIGNAL’.
“We can’t get a signal. We’re gonna have to ask someone.” I stated. She rolled her eyes at how annoying technology could be sometimes. Or I think that’s what she rolled her eyes about.
At that moment, some person with a darker hoodie on with the hood up and some baggy jeans was walking by. I rolled down the window and screamed at him through it.
“HEY, YOU!” I called. The person stopped and turned around, pointing to himself as if to say ‘You talking to me?’
“Yeah, you!” I shouted. He walked over to the window and gave me a quizzical look.
“Do you know the way to Wal-Mart from here?” I asked. He nodded but didn’t say anything. “…Are you going to tell me?” I questioned.
“Once you get out of this parking lot, you take a left and keep driving until the second intersection. You make a right and by then you should be able to figure it out from there… Uh, can you give me a ride? I’m going out that way, anyway. Just drop me off at the first intersection.” He said. I looked over to Kay.
“Hop in.” She stated. The guy opened the backseat door and jumped in, buckling his seatbelt after shutting the door behind him.
“So who, may I ask, are we driving?” Kay asked, looking at him in the rear view mirror.
“My name is Elliot.” He confirmed. He never took his hood off and I was curious as to what his face looked like, but that didn’t mean I was going to ask. Not long later, we were nearing the first intersection. Elliot was shifting in his seat. He kept fidgeting and wouldn’t sit still.
“Is something wrong?” I probed.
“I…” He trailed off, deciding not to say what he was going to say, “Yes. Keep driving. Don’t stop.” He commanded. I turned around in my seat.
“Why?” I asked. He pulled his hood down. His face would have been handsome, if it didn’t have scars from burns and cuts all over it.
“There are people waiting to kill me at this intersection. They got tipped off that I was going to be here. Obviously, after seeing my face, you should understand that I’ve barely escaped death on more than one occasion. Are these windows tinted?” He inquired. I nodded. He put his hood back up anyway.
“Why do they want to kill you?” Kay interrogated, stopping at the red light. There were three men on the side of the road and one girl. He immediately looked to the girl. I pondered on who she was.
“I can’t tell you.” He stated.
“Tell me why they want to kill you or I will roll down the window and scream ‘ELLIOT IS IN HERE!’ right fucking now.” She threatened.
“I promise you, if I were allowed to tell you, I would. Now please—” Kay cut him off.
“Triv, roll down your window.” She commanded. I was about to press the button when something cold was pressed to the back of my neck.
“I really don’t want this to get messy. But it will if you don’t keep driving when that light turns green.” He stated. My heart was racing and I looked out the window. The men were talking to the passenger in the car in front of us. The woman just looked very scared and looked at me. The light flashed green as the men nodded and began walking to our car. She pointed at me and said something I didn’t hear.
“Damnit.” Elliot muttered. The moment the car in front of us drove, Kay slammed on the gas and turned into the next lane, speeding past the car. I felt the metal leave my neck and let out a sigh of relief when it did. Kay’s eyes were narrowed on the road and she didn’t look anywhere else. I knew her well enough to know that she was developing a plan in her head. I was just curious to know if it ended happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this chapter was 7 pages on Microsoft Word. I keep forgetting to come onto here and update lmao. So imma update to ch. 16 on here. On my quizilla, it's up to 20, but I'm getting like no messages right now, so that's going on hiatus until I get feedback. >:| It makes me angry that the little note is STILL up there, so from now on, I'm totally ignoring it.
So i'm majorly sory for not updating in a while, but I give you, like, three chapters every time I come back. Hopefully my dad doesn't get here first. -_-
OH, and I forgot to mention that I've given up on replying to comments. I'm just too lazy lol. So i love comments, and feedback is really awesome right now, because on my quizilla account, I'm getting el zippo. :D
KLOVEYOUALL!
-molly.