I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

The next morning…

I yawned lightly as I looked up to see Elliot snuggling into me. I rolled away from him and stretched. He groaned and swung his arm over and pulled me back to him. I giggled.

“Elliot!” I squealed. I noticed that he was smiling. “I know you’re awake.”

“I know I’m awake, too.” He mumbled. I squirmed out of his grip and took a sheet with me, wrapping it around me. He groaned again as I walked into the bathroom and began to brush my teeth with my finger and the complimentary toothpaste, seeing as I didn’t have anything else to brush them with. Then I took a shower and cleaned myself up a little. I walked back out of the bathroom to see that he’d put some boxers on. He was attempting to put on a t-shirt with a suitcase in front of him full of clothing.

“Where did you get clothes?” I asked, curiously. He looked back at me and smiled.

“I brought the luggage in early yesterday. I snagged your Escape the Fate t-shirt when you weren’t looking and some skinnies… I’ll have you know that I took the longest time picking out your matching bra and panties.” He replied, smirking. I laughed as I watched him pull the clothes out of the luggage and toss them to me.

After we both got dressed, Elliot went into the bathroom and did his own morning things. He came back out to see me cleaning the mess of clothing all over the room from the night before.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“Picking up all the clothes so that the cleaning woman doesn’t have to… I’d be really grossed out just from the sheets in all honesty. I wouldn’t want to have to pick up someone else’s underwear.” I explained. He chuckled and kissed my forehead.

“Well, after you’re done tidying up, we can drive back home. I only rented the room for last night, so we wouldn’t have to drive all the way back home so late… I’m kind of glad that we had our privacy.” Elliot said. I nodded and finished putting away the rest of the clothes. Elliot shut the suitcase and carried it out of the room. I looked at the mess of the hotel room and shook my head, pitying the poor woman that had to clean up our mess. When we got downstairs, Elliot gave the man the key and paid him with a Mac card.

“Did you have fun yesterday?” he asked once we got into the car. I struggled to figure out I if he meant before we got to the hotel, after, or everything in general. I looked down at the ring again.

I love you, Victrivia.

“I loved every second of it. Thank-you so much, baby.” I replied, kissing him on the cheek. It wasn’t a lie, either. Every second of yesterday from the moment he gave that ring to me until the second I fell asleep was utter bliss.

“You don’t know how happy I am to hear that, Triv. You mean the world to me… Don’t ever forget that.” He stated. I looked back at him and smiled sweetly. I didn’t have anything to say back, so I just attempted to fall asleep in the car. I woke up because the car stopped.

“You are so cute when you sleep. Are you aware of how fucking adorable you are?” he asked, leaning over and kissing my nose. I froze.

“Are you aware of how fucking adorable you are?” He asked, kissing my nose. I smiled wider and laid my head down on his chest.

“Nuri?” I called.

“Hmmm?” he mumbled.

“Why did you hate me before?” I asked. I looked up to see that he’d opened his eyes and had his eyes narrowed down at me.

“It doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters right now is that you’re here, lying next to me, and you’re mine.” He stated.


I shook the memory from my head. Elliot looked at me quizzically.

“Triv, what’s wrong?” he asked. I grinned up at him.

“Nothing. I love you.” I replied, kissing him onto the lips. I felt him smile into the kiss before wrapping both arms around me. I snaked my own arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. It lasted until there was a tapping on the window. We parted and I turned to see Ari, looking worried. We got out of the car.

“Get inside. Something’s happened.” He commanded. We both obeyed, but not before Elliot intertwined his fingers with mine. Ari dragged us into the house. There stood everyone. Even Kay. Nuri looked utterly depressed sitting over in a chair in the corner by himself.

“The demons have finally attacked. They killed hundreds of vampires already, and the angels have brought down groups to kill every immortal that comes into their sight. It all started in Hawaii. And another thing; our weather bender is down there. It’s thirty degrees down there today. It should be somewhere between the eighties and hundreds. We already have eight tickets to Hawaii and we have to be ready by nine tonight. So go get packed now.” He demanded. I felt my hands immediately find their way to my necklace. The war was already starting. I took a good look at all of those around me. We were about to go to a war.

Later…

It didn’t take long to pack all of the things I would need. I had two sets of brass knuckles, and used the necklace to shield them from the metal detectors. Getting through the airport wasn’t hard at all. Ari had me shield all of the weapons we’d packed from the machines at the airport. Once on the plain, I sat next to Kay. Elliot was sitting with Ari, two rows behind us. Nuri and Kayne were seated together in the seats behind us, and Kavan and Dylan were sitting to the left of Kay across the aisle.

Nuri’s POV

“You have to tell me everything that happened last night from the moment you left the room where Ari got you ready.” Kay demanded. I felt myself lean forward in my seat. I knew that I was probably going to regret eavesdropping later, but I couldn’t help myself.

“Okay, well I went back downstairs and had to go to the car, and once I got in, I had to keep my eyes closed. Now that I think about it, I never got a chance to see what I looked like yesterday… Oh well. Anyway, he drove me out to this gorgeous mountain, with a perfect view of the stars, and if you looked down you would see this valley with the city lights! Oh, it was so pretty, Kay!” she explained. I could feel my heart sink as she described where he’d taken her. I imagined every little detail. It probably was the most romantic scene that I would see.

“But that wasn’t even the best part! After that, he showed me this lake, and it was so pretty because the stars and the moon were reflecting on it. And then—” she was cut off.

“Passengers, please put on your seatbelts. We will be taking off. Thank-you for riding Flight International. That is all.” A male voice announced. Triv paused as she struggled to put on her seatbelt. I put on my own with ease. I watched as she grabbed Kay’s hand.

“I’ve never been on a plane before,” she squeaked nervously.

“It’ll be fine. Just… don’t think about nine eleven. That would ruin the trip.” She replied.

“KAY! That doesn’t help!” Triv exclaimed. I held in a chuckle and tried to imagine myself being the one next to her. I imagined myself kissing her forehead and telling her that it was going to be a safe commute and promise that everything would be fine. Then I opened my eyes and sighed.

“Just… tell me more about last night. What did you guys do once you got to the hotel?” Kay asked. Triv gasped.

“OH my god. Well once we got to the hotel, we’d already kind of started to get things heated… and… look.” She said. I tried to see what she was doing and failed horribly.

“You little slut! I’ve never seen you with more than two of those on your neck! I can only imagine what your tits look like. Please resist showing me. I’d rather not see. You had sex last night! I know it.” She exclaimed.

“Kay! Some things we scream, other things we don’t scream. But… well, I’m not a virgin anymore.” She replied. I felt a number of emotions swirl inside of me. I wanted to get up and take the knife in my shoe and stab Elliot with it. I almost wanted to shove it right through the seat in front of me. I wanted to break down and cry. I unbuckled the seatbelt and got up to walk to the bathroom. I walked to the bathrooms and opened the door then locked it. I crumpled after that. I cried hot angry tears. Triv was over me. I’d known this for nine months, but now it was official. There was no chance of me having her. Elliot finally left a mark that I couldn’t polish back to normal.

The more I cried, the angrier I got. Elliot had taken what was rightfully mine. I no longer cared if Triv didn’t understand the truth. I had loved Victrivia Amorette Ambrosine with every fiber of my being. Just as I had loved Sarah, all those years ago. Both of them ripped my heart out. I could easily say that I was heartbroken right now. I did not want to spend a nine hour flight listening to one of the two girls I had fallen in love with explain how wonderful it was to have sex on her one year anniversary with her boyfriend. He’d given a promise ring. An engraved promise ring. I knew fully well what a promise ring meant. It promised to one day become engaged to be married.

I sat in that bathroom for three hours before I decided that my eyes were normal enough for me to leave and not be asked questions. I walked back to the end of the plane and was stopped by an attractive woman who was sitting right in front of Triv.

“Sir, my ex was supposed to sit next to me… do you mind switching seats with him? I’d rather not have it be this awkward for the entire flight.” She explained. I smiled and nodded, sitting down next to her.

“Of course. What’s your name?” I asked politely. She blushed.

“My name is Veronika. Thank-you so much… uhh…” she trailed off. I smiled upon her. Veronika had long black hair in pigtails and she was wearing a black tank top and skinnies.

“Nuri.” I replied. She giggled flirtatiously and a man walked up to us.

“That’s my seat.” He said.

“Let’s trade. Two rows back, next to a man named Kayne. There are two wonderful ladies in front of him. The brunette is single and she’s stuck talking about sex to her good friend… You could get to know her instead of having an awkward flight with this wonderful woman next to me.” I said charmingly. He furrowed his brow but accepted. Once he left, Veronika laughed.

“I really hope that the brunette rejects him. He can be such a jackass…” she explained. I shook my head.

“A woman as beautiful as you should not have to deal with someone as cocky as him. You deserve someone of a much higher league.” I stated. She giggled again.

“And who do you have in mind?” she inquired, batting her eyelashes. I grinned. This was too easy.

“I would suggest myself, but I must say that I doubt that someone as stunning as yourself would accept.” I answered.

“Oh, please.” She replied, grabbing my face and kissing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
so i changed the rating. i hope this doesn't end up scaring people away, lol. I don't think it was TOO bad, but I want to be on the safe side of things. anyways, I'm shooting for updating to chapter 24 on here today. We'll see if I can do it, lol.
KLOVEYOUALL.!
-molly.