I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two

Five months later…

I sat there, watching TV. Carsyn and I had set boundaries in the house. When I was at my classes, she could do whatever she pleased. The only room off limits to her was Nuri’s. When I got home, she mostly stayed to herself in her room if she wasn’t out, so the only room that was off limits to me was hers. I know, I’d said that this was supposed to be temporary. But I couldn’t leave. I’d been totally ready to do it before, but it just never happened. So here I am, still at the house. I was watching Halloween. I paused it and went to the door because the bell rang. I opened the door and nearly fell to the ground when I saw who was there.

“Oh, you would be staying here when I decide to visit, and you would be the one to answer the door.” Nuri said in a sarcastic tone. I pulled him into a hug.

“Oh my god, this isn’t a dream.” I said to myself more than anyone.

“No… Why, do you dream about me?” He asked. There was a glimmer in his eye for a moment. I paused, then smiled.

“yeah, I have nightmares of you coming through the window and killing us all.” I teased. There goes the glimmer. Damn, how’d I mess that up?

“Whatever. Where’s Kavan? He’s being looked for by a couple ladies at the bar.” He explained. My mouth went agape.

“You’ve been talking to Kavan?” I questioned. Nuri smirked and shook his head.

“No, but I have been with those wonderful women and he’s in for a lovely time.” He explained. My mouth formed a perfect ‘o’ but no sound escaped it. I stared at my feet.

“So do you… do you want to come in?” I asked sheepishly. I looked back up at his face. There’s that glimmer again!

“Yeah, I guess.” He replied, coming inside. He sat down on the couch and took a look at what I was watching before smirking.

“I remember when I got you to watch this with me.” He recalled. I smiled.

“Yeah, so do I.” I answered, calling the memory forth. Translation: I remember that day every night, and no I don’t mean when we were watching the movie.

“You couldn’t keep your fingernails out of your skin. You were scared shitless.” He teased. I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Was not!” I denied, purposely being cute. He smiled.

“Were so!” he accused back.

“I was not!” I went on.

“Oh, I’ll teach you!” He exclaimed before pouncing on top of me and bringing his fingers to tickle my stomach. I giggled and squealed. This went on for a bit and begged him to stop even though I was enjoying every second of this.

“STOP!” I screamed.

“Only if you admit that you’re a baby and you can’t sit through a scary movie without screaming and I’m your king!” he yelled.

“NEVER!” I squealed. He was smirking. He leaned down to my ear and stopped for a slight second. I started to catch my breath.

“Then I’m not going to stop.” He whispered before starting it up again. So back to the tickling it was. This went on for a bit longer before I caved.

“OKAY! I’m a baby and I can’t sit through a scary movie without screaming!” I admitted. He grinned triumphantly.

“What else?” He asked, lightly poking me in my sides enough for me to squirm a little.

“And you’re my king.” I mumbled.

“I’m sorry, what was that?” He teased, tickling me again.

“ALRIGHT! NURI IS MY KING!” I screamed in a quick breath. He stopped the torture. He was smiling down at me with a wide grin. I looked up with my own toothy smile. Our eyes were locked and I couldn’t look away from his lavender and emerald eyes if I wanted to. He leaned in and kissed me lightly on the lips, and I kissed him back. It wasn’t a totally heated kiss with the making out and the hands everywhere. It was the cute little a-little-more-than-just-a-peck kiss on the lips. In the end, that’s really all you’d want, y’know? We parted after a few moments and he smiled again. I could feel my heart melting.

“I love you. I love you so fucking much.” He whispered, putting his forehead to mine.

“You don’t know how much I wanted to hear that. I love you too.” I whispered back. He smirked for a minute and laughed. I grinned. “What’s so funny?” I asked.

“You don’t know how long I wanted to hear you say that back.” He explained. I thought about it.

“Well no offence. But your timing always sucks.” I accused. He backed up for a minute but wrapped his arm around me.

“I have you now, don’t I?” He asked, almost skeptical. I laughed.

“Yes. I’m not going to fuck it up this time.” I replied. I noticed a change in his eyes for a second. It was only a second. I just saw a flicker of something come across them. I couldn’t catch what it was, because by the time I caught it, it was gone. Then it was right back to the way he was before.

“I-is something wrong?” I questioned. I dreaded what possible thing could go wrong now. How could I be such an idiot? You know this was too good to be true. Hell, even I knew it!

“What would be wrong in the first place? I have you, here, and you’re mine to keep. Victrivia Amorette Ambrosine, I love you. There’s nothing else that matters to me more than you.” He said. Well, damn. If there was one thing I know I did wrong, it was rejecting Nuri rather than Ryan when he came over that day.

“Must I say it twice?” I teased, smiling. He smirked.

“Yes. Yes you do.”

“I love you too.” I said, and pecked him on the lips. He brought his hands up to my head and entangled them in my hair, deepening the kiss. I kept on smiling into it, and I honestly couldn’t tell you how bad my butterflies were at that moment. When we pulled away he looked at me with a happy expression.

“Whatever happened to that Ryan kid anyway?” he asked. I laughed airily.

“Don’t even talk about that douchebag. I dumped his sorry ass.” I replied. He raised an eyebrow.

“Oh?” he urged. I rolled my eyes.

“He was a horndog and couldn’t keep it in his pants. So I broke it off because I was so full of it.” I explained. He looked concerned for a minute and his brow furrowed.

“Do we need to pay him a visit?” he inquired. I shook my head.

“God, you’re worse than Ray. No, it’s fine. It was forever ago anyway. Like half a year almost.” I said. He nodded, but I could tell that he was still thinking about it.

“So… I haven’t seen you in a long time. You’ve really changed, Triv.” He said. I nodded in agreement. The last time he’d really known how I was… well that was over three years ago.

“I’m in college.” I declared. He smiled.

“What do you want to be?” he asked. I thought about it.

“I don’t really know. At first I wanted to be a teacher… but now I really have no idea what I want to do… So I’m just sort of figuring that out.” I explained. He smiled.

“Good. Hey, why aren’t you living with Ray and Kaylynne anymore?” he questioned.

“I moved out. I… Well I guess it’s kind of complicated. I came here to sort through everything with what happened so long ago, and I got hooked on the guys again. Carsyn? Not so much, but I totally love the guys.” I said.

“I’m sorry—Carsyn?” he inquired. Well do I feel stupid or what?

“My bad. Carsyn is another sun. She’s a little bitch.” I assured. He laughed.

“What makes her a bitch?” he asked. I rolled my eyes.

“Everything she does! According to her, I’m probably the biggest scumbag out of all breathing organisms, mortal and immortal alike!” I exclaimed.

“Awe, you’re not a scumbag.” He assured.

“Oh, I know. But she’s such a bitch. The only guy she likes in this house is Kayne. And it’s a wonder how she even likes him! I mean, I know as a sun I wasn’t the easiest person to warm up to at first, but it’s been five months! Possibly more! I mean, how in the world could someone be that bitchy for so long? And you remember how I always got hurt and shit, and I had every right to hate every one of you because I always got injured? Well, she doesn’t even get hurt! She has no fucking excuse to be a bitch to Ari, Kavan, and I… Well… Okay Ari and I.” I rambled. Nuri busted out laughing. I made a pouty face and he ended his little episode of hysterics. He smirked and kissed my forehead.

“You know I love you, right?” he said. I gave him another pouty look and a big frown. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into him, kissing me on the lips briefly before pulling away to see me trying to disguise my smile. He laughed and leaned down to kiss me again. I went to pull away quickly out of my stubborn ways, but he put his hands on the back of my head, stopping me from pulling away. He was smiling into the kiss, and I was trying really hard to be my bitchy self and pry myself away from him. He eventually pulled back, but that didn’t stop him from wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into him.

“You’re such a fucking tease.” I accused. He grinned down at me and I couldn’t stop the smile from forming.

“You’re one to talk about teasing.” He retorted. God, why does he have to be so fucking adorable? My mind scrambled for something clever to say back.

“You’d be the one to know, wouldn’t you?” I settled on that. A flirty smile made its way onto his features.

“I guess I would be.” He replied. I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him lightly on the lips then. Why? Because I couldn’t think of anything to say back to that. He pushed me back and turned me so that my back was facing him. Then he pulled me back into him and rested his hands on my hipbones. I was about to question what he was doing when he started kissing and sucking on my neck. I breathed in deeply, leaning into him and closing my eyes. It felt so good knowing that this was for real now. There was nothing that could ruin this.

“Get a room.” Except that. I fucking hate Carsyn. Of course she would choose now to come looking for Kayne or whatever the hell she was doing. Nuri stopped, much to my disappointment, but he pulled me even closer to him. I could smell that scent that I was in love with.

“You must be the lovely Carsyn that Triv has so kindly told me so much about.” Nuri greeted. I used this as my chance to sift through her thoughts.

How can a dumb blonde like Triv get such a sweet guy? She thought. BITCH. Ohhhh, do I want to punch her little face in. Nuri felt me tense up and grabbed my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. I squeezed his hand as hard as I could out of my anger. I was pissed.

“And you are…” She trailed off. Hey, at least she wasn’t being a bitch… I guess…

“His name is Nuri.” I answered. I slipped back into her thoughts.

Could that really be Nuri? The angel that Triv dumped so long ago is actually here? Why would he be here? Oh gosh, is Triv gonna string him along again? I really would like to slap her. Guys wouldn’t bother with her if she wasn’t such a fucking slut. Dylan was so upset whenever she dumped him before, so why would this be any different?

IS THAT WHY SHE HATES ME SO MUCH? Now that I look at her, she does look a lot like Dylan. He’d been my boyfriend of one month. He was mad because he thought that I was hooking up with Ray, which is ridiculous because Ray is like my brother. He told me to stop hanging out with Ray, so I told him to fuck off. A week later, he begged for me back, but I wouldn’t have it. If he’s not going to accept my friends then what’s the point? They’re the biggest influences in my life!

“Good luck with the whore.” She said and left the room. Yup, that’s definitely why she hates me. Nuri’s mouth fell agape and he started to laugh.

“That’s not funny!” I exclaimed turning and hitting him lightly on the shoulder. I made another pout and he just kissed my forehead, snickering. Then he turned me back around and put his mouth to my ear.

“It would take a lot more than some little girl to stop me from loving you, Triv.” He murmured. I could feel his lips move on my ear and I shivered. I could almost feel the smirk on his face after I shivered. Instead of doing what I would do with anyone else, I let him feel triumphant. I was just happy that his arms were actually around me. I was just happy that this wasn’t a dream. I was just happy that everything was finally going right. Nothing could possibly go wrong right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm. i'm getting irritated with this. maybe one or two more chapters. ehh. idk we'll see.