I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Thirty-Eight

Chapter Thirty-Eight

I’d faked the entire day, saying I felt horrible, and that I needed a good rest and I’d be fine. Every time someone would go to take my temperature, I’d use my necklace to deceive them into thinking that I had a fever. Kay kept asking me if it was okay that she left me.

“It’s fine,” I’d say. “Really, I’ll sleep the entire time anyway,” and she would act unsure. But eventually, I got her to leave. It didn’t take a whole lot. That’s when I sprung into action. The truth was, I just needed them to leave. I used my necklace to put a decoy of me sleeping on the couch. I stared at it. Damn, I even looked good when I was “sick as a dog.” To be sure it would be perfect, I placed my hand on my decoy’s forehead. It felt like a normal me would during a fever. I smirked. I’d really outdone myself this time. Why couldn’t I have this necklace when I’d snuck out in my earlier years? I popped three pain killers in my mouth. What can I say? I was a little bit nervous. You would be, too if you were about to seek revenge on your abusive boyfriend. Hopefully three pain pills would get me high enough to finish the job without a second thought.

I decided to change my outfit into something a little more… confident. Sure, let’s go with that. I put my finger to my lips as I went through my options. Kay had a large wardrobe to choose from, with her many friends who had more styles than I could count. The style I was looking for was the slutty tough, which would most likely consist of a lot of designer clothing. I knew I was right when I grabbed a pair of black patent Jimmy Choo boots and fishnet tights. I grinned as I saw a Betsey Johnson black denim mini and went for it. It took a lot longer to find myself a top. I finally decided on a black DKNY strapless jersey top and threw on a form-fitting leather jacket over it. I was definitely going for the whole biker chic look. But let me tell you, I looked damn good. Those Jimmy Choo boots were going to make one hell of an impact when I had him on the ground and put one foot on his chest and spit in his face as a victory stance. I had the entire scene playing in my head as I grabbed the necklace to figure out where he was.

Just as I’d hoped, he was out at a bar. Flirting with the cute blonde bartender, no less. I could feel hot anger rise in me and held my necklace tight until I was in his bedroom. I felt a rush of fear when I breathed in his familiar scent. Then I relaxed. He was still making googly eyes with that blonde bartender. I sat there and fidgeted with my platinum blonde teased hair. I stared into the mirror and looked at myself. While I really did look hot for someone whose ribs were broken, my eyes held a look of emptiness. It seemed like my emotion had been beaten and broken, much like my ribs. I took a deep breath and smiled when it didn’t hurt. God bless the man who invented pain killers. That’s all I have to say.

Then a thought struck me. I reached under the mattress and pulled out favorite set of brass knuckles. Kay knew some people and managed to get it for me for my birthday one year. On the sides where a lot of brass knuckles would have spikes was spelled TRIV, but it was backwards so that if I punched someone hard enough, it would be marked on their skin. Do I love that girl or what? I reached under the mattress farther and pulled out a matching set, except these were silver. Have I told you how much I love Kay for buying me these? I pushed my fingers through the holes and felt the same secure and confident feeling I always had when I held them. I felt untouchable, and at that moment, I was.

I sat there and I could feel the ground shaking. I reached up for my necklace instinctively and got confused. Nuri was still in that bar. He’d gotten the bartender to begin talking with him. They were flirting with one another. Nuri still wasn’t aware that I was waiting in his bedroom in a damn sexy outfit with brass knuckles and a necklace of mass destruction. So what the hell was up with the sudden shaking of Nuri’s bedroom? I squeezed it, wishing I’d known what was going on. I felt a strong hand on my shoulder and almost screamed, but caught myself. I turned to punch my pursuer where his face should have been, but when I turned, nobody was there. I started shaking with fear. I held on to the necklace and my knuckles turned white from squeezing so hard. I breathed in heavily and exhaled, trying to calm myself.

“Victrivia Amorette Ambrosine, I told you not to come here and I fucking meant it!”scolded a familiar voice.

“Elliot, you scared me! I thought you were Nuri and came in to surprise me!” I hissed. Then I came to the realization of what had just happened. “How the hell are you talking to me?” I questioned. I felt something hit me in the back of the head and I fell unconscious, still holding my necklace.

“Damn you, Triv! I specifically told you not to come here!” Elliot fumed. I sat up and glared at him.

“You’re going to ruin everything!” I snapped. “He’s going to come back and I’m going to be unconscious on his floor!” Elliot shot me a look that told me to shut the hell up.

“You’re not going to be here that long. I didn’t hit you that hard. Just enough to knock you out. But I’m telling you right now, I will never come back to see you in your dreams again if you don’t leave as soon as you wake up.” He threatened. I narrowed my eyes and stared into his face.

“You wouldn’t.” I challenged.

“Do you really want to risk it?” he inquired with a hint of hope in his voice. I knew exactly what he was hinting. He wanted to know if I would really risk seeing him every night for revenge upon Nuri.

“Maybe I will.” I reproached. His face hardened a great deal. They didn’t look merciful.

“And what if I keep you here until Nuri walks in then?” he dared. I stared at him, my jaw agape.

“I’d resent you for the rest of eternity. Can we please stop this? I need to wake up and get my nerves to calm down. You really fucking scared me.” I pleaded. He shook his head.

“I honestly can’t believe you.” He muttered. “You would rather seek your revenge on Nuri than be able to see me? Why? Triv, you could so easily just be happy and let this all go away once you’re healed. Move away somewhere where he won’t find you. But no, you want to do it the hard way. Why?” He asked.

“Because,” I started. “Nobody lays a hand on Victrivia Amorette Ambrosine and gets away with it. Best friend, boyfriend, or gang member. It doesn’t matter. Nobody.” Elliot stared at me with empty eyes.

“I give up. Fine. But don’t expect visits from me anymore if you live through this.” He said.

“Elliot, don’t do this.” I begged. He shook his head.

“This is your call, not mine, Victrivia.”


“Uuuughhh.” I groaned as I came back to consciousness. “Fuck.” I cursed silently. Thank God for those pain pills or my head would be throbbing with pain by now. The brass knuckles were still in my hands. I grabbed my necklace. Nuri was on his way home now. I looked around the room. Nothing was really out of place. I sat down in a chair in the far corner of the room, and waited like a housewife about to catch her husband after a late night of cheating. The lights were out and it was almost three in the morning. I heard the front door open. I crossed my legs and rested my elbow on the armrest and put my head in the palm of my hand. It was show time. For real, this time.

Nuri’s POV.

I opened the front door silently, hoping not to wake up the guys. I know that by now they all knew about what had happened with Victrivia. She had to have told them, and if I wanted them suspicious, them catching me at the front door at two forty five in the morning was the perfect way. I closed it and took off my shoes so they wouldn’t make noise as I walked up to my room. I thought about the flirty blonde bartender and smirked. The woman had been all over me. I made my way up the stairs and down the hall as I thought about the free drink and kiss she’d given me. It wouldn’t be long before I’d be getting her laid. I opened the door to my room and stripped down to my boxers, just like any other night. That’s when I heard a silky, confident voice speak to me.

“Where have you been?” Triv asked. I turned and let my eyes graze her perfect body. Her hair was teased to perfection, her eyes were piercing, even in the dark, her outfit was suggestive and hot in the way that made you shiver, and her lips were curled in a knowing smirk. “I’ve been waiting for hours for you, ‘hunn’.” She mocked. Her amused expression changed to one of fury. She stood up and I couldn’t help admiring her ass-kicking outfit again. It was revealing in all the right places, and it screamed I-see-you-looking-at-me-and-I-know-I-look-damn-good. Her strides towards me were long and graceful. I couldn’t help but wonder how she did it in that skin-tight skirt and those sexy boots. She stopped two inches from my face and her gray-green eyes held unmerciful rage.

“I was out,” I said charmingly. I stared right back into her eyes and she waited for me to look away. I almost did, but caught myself.

“Yeah I’m sure you enjoyed that blonde tequila-pouring bitch. I’ll bet you weren’t aware that her alcoholic father plans on raping the fucking slut again tonight once she gets home. Just like you weren’t aware that when you hurt Victrivia Ambrosine, she hurts back.” She hissed. Her voice was even and smooth. I felt myself shiver. What the hell happened to this girl? She used to be innocent and loving. Now she was unforgiving and cold. Just looking into her eyes said it all.

Back to Triv’s POV

His eyes widened for a second after I said that. I was pleased with how well I was doing at hiding the fact that I was completely unstable. My knees were about to betray me and start wobbling, so I took that as a chance to take my first hit. I reeled my arm back and slugged him in the jaw. It was as if he didn’t even see it coming, but it was head on. Good. I hoped that when he woke up from the concussion I was going to give him tomorrow, he would see TRIV bruised into his jaw. He moaned in pain before composing himself and staring back at me. I was completely prepared for what could have happened next, but he didn’t hit back. When I looked into his face, they didn’t look cocky and smart like they had before. There was a glimmer of hesitation. I saw anger flicker through them, too and I immediately remembered the look because he’d given me it before he broke my ribs.

I spat in his face and punched him directly in the stomach. He made a “ooph” sound and doubled over. I grabbed him by the hair and then kneed him in the face. He reeled back and stared at me with an already bruised eye. The look of hesitation was gone. He came toward me and grabbed me by the shoulders before slamming me into the wall. I winced for a moment before springing back into action. I slammed my elbows down on his biceps and his grip on me loosened. I turned to do a roundhouse kick (something of which took me a long time to successfully achieve) but he grabbed my leg and swung me into the dresser. I groaned and gained composure just in time to see a fist flying in my face. I pulled another roundhouse kick and knocked it away from me just in time. I pulled my arm back and swung my arm at his nose and it impacted with the satisfying crunch of broken cartilage.

“You bitch!” he cursed, his hands flying up to his now bleeding nose. I smiled in triumph to spend the moment in glory when I saw something come flying at me. I ducked down, but not quickly enough and it hit my shoulder, sending me back a few feet, clutching my sore shoulder. I glared up at him, realizing he’d thrown a drawer at me. I heard a door open and slam, and people were yelling down the hall, trying to figure out what had just crashed. I tried to ignore it and avoid the many punches that Nuri was throwing at me. He hit me in the jaw, and I felt one of my teeth chip and cursed. He smirked, but it didn’t last long because I shoved one of my Jimmy Choos into his gut. He sucked in his breath and clutched his stomach, no doubt having the wind knocked out of him. I was about to do what I’d done before when I hit him in the stomach, but he grabbed my leg and spun me around, then let go, causing me to go flying into the wall.

I made and unpleasant noise and fell face-down onto the ground, and found myself being pulled back up by my hair. I winced and went up, trying to get closer to the hand holding my blonde locks to stop the pulling. He wrapped my hair around his fist and I bit my lip, trying hard not to yell. Nuri pulled me into him and his breaths were shallow and fast.

“Listen,” He hissed into my ear. “I don’t know what happened that made you go all confident, but let me tell you something, honey.” He pulled on my hair harder and I slipped out a gasp. “You are nothing compared to me.” He finished. He jerked me back and moved so that I stumbled into the wall. My scalp was sore from all the pulling he’d just done, and I let the pain feed my anger. I was furious. I lunged at him, throwing kicks and punches like no other. He managed to avoid a lot of them, but some made impact. Finally, I heard him laughing. I glared up at him. His eye was bruised, his nose was bleeding, and his lip was split open. He hadn’t even managed to get a good hit on my face yet, so I couldn’t understand why he was giggling like an idiot. I felt him grab my waist and pull me into him. Confusion made its way across my features and I tried to pry myself away from him.

“What the hell are you doing?” I snapped. I felt a tug, and he’d managed to pull off my necklace. I gasped and my eyes widened. I looked up at him in shock and he just held it, laughing evilly. Then I looked at him for real. My stomach churned and I felt like I was going to puke. Realization set in and I fell to my knees as Nuri began floating upward, still laughing. Nuri was a demon.
♠ ♠ ♠
you know, i was gonna update you guys with quizilla but it just didn't work lol. i'll be updating quizilla up to the last chapter and i'm leaving you guys off here for a bit. i'll probably update this when i get bored some night this week. i guarantee it'll happen because i'm stuck at my dad's house anyway.
k, love you all.!
-molly.