I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Victrivia’s POV
I woke up with the most painful head ache in the world. I tried to remember what the hell had happened. How did I end up in this bed…? I remember falling down the stairs but that was it. I tried to get up and found myself unable to due to two arms around my waist holding me to someone. I shifted so I could see the face that was rested on my shoulder. Kayne…? What the hell, dude? I looked down at what I was wearing, immediately relieved when I saw I had pajama pants and a T-shirt on. Good. If I’d been wearing nothing, I would kill myself the moment I got a sharp object in my hand. I squirmed in attempt to loosen his grip and leave the bed, or at least get him to stop spooning me.
“No,” he murmured in his sleep, pulling me to him again. He inhaled deeply, burrowing his face into my hair.
“Mmm,” he continued, his grip loosening a good deal. Well, at least I was comfortable. I felt his warm breath on the nape of my neck as he exhaled. His face was still burrowed into my hair. Having no other choice, I stayed there, softly singing Find A Way to myself.
Soon, miraculously, he found a way to get me to roll over and face him. I don’t even remember him doing it. I just remember being finished with the song and then looking at his face, confused as to how I went from facing one way to another.
“Please keep singing,” he said, his voice croaked from sleep.
“What exactly would you suggest, then?” I questioned, peering at him curiously. His eyes fluttered open. Even with the crusties from sleep, his eyes were still breath-takingly gorgeous.
“Like a knife,” He finally said. His breath even smelled sweet once he woke up.
Lucky… Why does he want me to sing, anyway? I wondered.
“Why do you—” he cut me off.
“Because your voice is beautiful.” He mumbled, pulling me closer to him.
“Really? Because Nuri says my voice is annoying,” I babbled, suddenly nervous. I rambled about a conversation Nuri and I had earlier.
“I’d rather hear you sing than listen to you talk about how Nuri thinks your voice is annoying. Really, I would.”
I murmured the song into his ear, feeling totally comfortable with how close we were to each other. I ended the song and just laid there as I waited for him to say something. His eyes were closed and his breaths were deep.
I stared at his gorgeous face, wishing his perfectly shapen lips were mashed together with mine. I continued my daydream of him whispering sweet nothings into my ear and kissing me while I stared at his face.
I swear to god, his lips just shaped into a smile at that last thought. I’m not even kidding. Dude. I must be really tired. His violet eyes suddenly peered at me. I smiled at the sight of them.
“You never did tell me your full name…” he stated. I didn’t notice yet, but he was slightly leaning into my face to kiss me.
“I don’t think I’m going to, hunn.” I said, suddenly noticing and leaning in, myself. Our lips were centimeters away and my eyes were half closed.
“Yes you will,” He growled, pulling away from me, just as I went to make the final move.
GOD DAMNIT!
“I don’t think so,” I murmured, grabbing his face and pulling it to meet mine. His skin was soft. My lips and his perfect ones finally met, moving together in union. After quite a bit of this, he pulled away.
“Your full name is Victrivia Amorette Ambrosine!” he said, looking victorious. I looked at him, dumbfounded.
“How did you,” and I was cut off because his lips smashed mine. I didn’t protest at all. His smooth perfect lips seemed to mold over mine. I loved the feeling. This went on for quite a while.
My mind started to wander as we were making out. You’d think it would turn to mush and I wouldn’t be able to concentrate on anything because I melted in his arms. No. My mind was skipping from one thought to another every couple of seconds.
I’m kinda hungry. I think I want a hoho. Naww, man. I think I’ll have some pretzels! Oh, but I want a cappuccino… or do I want a monster? If I go for the cappuccino, I need to find something sweet to eat. But if I go for the monster, I can have those pretzels… oh, what a decision.
I should buy some new clothes. New shoes, most deff. If these dudes seriously think that they’re making me stay here, then I’m deff getting a new set of Chucks. And some hoodies from Pac Sun. Shopping trips, yay! Ohh, I can’t wait for this trip.
I still need to upload The Ripper onto my iPod. I’ve been waiting to do that for a while… Ugh, I love the used! After this I should listen to Smother Me… good song, good song.
Awww, my brass knuckles collection is still at home! You know what, they’re buying me new ones. There’s no way in hell I’m leaving those babies behind for good. I love my brass knuckles… which reminds me.
Hmm, I need to figure out why I’m here. I should probably ask Kayne. I’m sure I’ll get him to cave and tell me before anybody else will. Okay, that’s the plan.

I pulled away from him and peered into his violet eyes. They looked disappointed. Eh, he would deal.
“Nobody ever told me why I was here, anyway.” I pointed out. He sighed.
“I can’t tell you, Triv. I’m sorry. I just can’t. Would you please just leave it at that?” he pleaded. He should know me better by now…
“Hell no. I deserve to at least know why I’m where I am. Now tell me.” I demanded.
“It’s not going to happen, Victrivia,” I winced at my full name, “so you’re just going to have to deal with it. You can continue to ask, but we’re not going to tell you.” I glared at him.
“Why the hell not?” I said. He pulled me close and peered into my eyes.
“It’s for your own safety,” he murmured leaning in to kiss me. Oh hell no. If he was going to pull a fast one over on me for not telling him my full name, like hell I was going to not do the same to figure out why I’d been kidnapped. If he thought otherwise, we needed to go find an insane asylum for him. I pulled away from his waiting lips, refusing to let them connect with my own.
“You’re going to tell me, Kayne.” I insisted. He groaned.
“Do you really want me to tell you?” he asked, peering into my eyes. I smiled.
“Yes! Of course I do!” I exclaimed, suddenly excited.
“That really sucks.” He replied. Before I could even comprehend what he’d said, he developed me in a kiss. Breaking from it would be like a cocaine addict not snorting a line put right in front of them. Just too damn hard. Soon, to my disappointment, he pulled away.
“Do you still want to know?”
“Duh.”
“Why are you so thick-headed? Don’t you understand that we can’t tell you for a damn good reason? Can’t you trust us?” he threw the questions into my face, his eyes becoming angry. I shied away from his face, looking at my fingernails. They needed a good painting.
“I just want to know…” I mumbled, picking at the dirt under my index fingernail. He sighed, his hands falling from my face to my waist. He pulled me closer to him, if that was even possible at this point.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t want to yell…” Kayne said, feeling guilty.
“You’re making me feel like a five year old that just got lectured about stealing a cookie from the jar an hour before dinner.” I stated. He smiled, which made me grin.
“You are a cookie-stealing five year old.” He insisted, tickling me a bit. I squealed and began to flail.
“Ohmigawd, stop, please!” I begged, legs kicking him. He didn’t really even seem to care.
“Are you going to steal cookies again?” he teased, moving from my stomach to my arm pits. I squeezed my arms against my sides, so he went back to my stomach
“No, I won’t steal cookies!” I squealed in between laughs. He obediently stopped.
Thank God.
“So why is it so important that I don’t know, anyways?” I asked.
“Because if you understood our plan, the plan simply wouldn’t work.”
“Why not?”
“If I told you that, it would ruin the plan.”
“This isn’t a fun subject.”
“So let’s change it; I like ponies.”
“It’s not a fun subject because I don’t get to know anything at all.”
“No, unicorns totally own ponies,”
“I think the secret is that you are cannibals and you want to eat me, but first you want my DNA so that you can clone me because I look like I taste good. And If you eat me, the DNA won’t be there,”
“Horses are better than ponies,”
“Or, you’re aliens and you want to do some freaky deaky tests on me to figure out what species I am.”
“But unicorns totally own horses.”
“Or is it that you are half a horse and you have a tail and you want to whip me with it?”
“But I think Pegasus’s are better than unicorns because they can fly!”
“This conversation is getting nowhere!”
“I’m not answering any questions that involve why you’re here, Triv.”
“I deserve to know.”
“Like, unicorns are cool and all, but a pegasus can fly! That’s better than a horn on a horse’s head!”
“You’re not helping me.”
“I’m not going to.”
“I thought you weren’t answering my questions that had to do with the big bad secret!”
“That wasn’t a question that had to do with the big bad secret, dear.”
“You frustrate me.”
“I can be a frustrating person.” I glared at him and squirmed out of his grip and left the room.
Stupid Kayne. He was so stupid with being so freaking strong. His stupid gorgeous purple eyes were stupid, too. He was stubborn, also, and that is stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid Kayne!
In my thoughts, I’d almost fallen down the stairs. Again. Which reminded me of the bandage around my head. I remembered the pain in my wrist and ankle. I looked at my foot. It looked healed. But how…? My wrist was in a bright red cast. There were a couple notes written on them.
Triv,
you’re not the smartest person I know when it comes to stairs. I mean, first you talk to them, and then you fall down them. Really, you have an issue with stairs.
-Kayne.
I smirked. Good. Stairs were evil. I glanced at the handwriting closest to my thumb.
Triv,
you’re a klutz. You listen to the best music out of all the chuckle-heads in this house, but that doesn’t stop you from being a klutz. Watch where you step.
-Ari.
Thanks, Ari. You make me feel so good.
Triv,
Try not to get yourself killed anymore. You have a knack for getting yourself into trouble. No more stairs for you. At least, not on my watch :D
-Kavan
Yeah, okay. No stairs. Psh. Good luck with that, Kavan. There was a last note at the end of my cast, near my elbow.
Victrivia,
You’d best watch what you say, darling. If it weren’t crucial that you stay alive, I can promise you that you would definitely be dead by now. Don’t let it get to your head, dear. That wouldn’t be the best decision.
-Nuri
PS. I would like to know how you figured out that it was my fault you’re here. You will explain.
I frowned at the threatening note. It wasn’t something that you said to someone after they’d just fallen down the stairs. He’d used my real name, too. Ew. What did he mean by knowing that it was his fault? Was it? My mind reached a blank as I searched my memory for any confrontation I’d had with him. Apparently it was his fault.
I felt adrenaline rush through my veins. I was really mad. It was his fault that I would never go see Kaylynne or Ray again. He was lucky that he wasn’t right in front of me. I would have been angry enough to hurt him at this point. That is, if I could. I’m sure he was probably big enough to take me, even if I’d somehow gotten hands on a set of brass knuckles.
I glared at the steps that lie before me.
Stupid stairs. I hate you. I hope you burn. I broke my wrist because of you. And my ankle. And you are the cause of the bandage around my head! I really, really hate you. No joke, dude.
I continued glaring that the death trap. Soon a hand lay on my shoulder and brought me out of my hateful thoughts.
“Triv, you need to chill out. Cereal, man, you look like you’re about to rip something apart.” Ari chuckled.
“I am not a klutz!” I proclaimed, glaring at him. He gave me a quizzical look. “The little note you wrote on my cast…”
“OH! Haha, okay. That reminds me, you’re gonna need that thing taken off soon,” he rambled.
“Yeah, where’d the cast for my ankle go? And another thing, why is it coming off after, like, two days?” I questioned.
“It’s been about seven weeks, dude. You’ve pretty much been in a coma. Your ankle cast got cut off last week—it didn’t have as bad damage as your wrist.” He explained.
“SEVEN WEEKS!?” I exclaimed.
How could I have been in a coma for seven freaking weeks? That’s not possible! There is no way in hell that I went in a coma from falling down those steps! Getting hit by a car, maybe, but stairs? No, I really don’t think so.
“Yup, seven weeks. I was surprised, too. I mean, all you did was pass out…”
“When did I pass out?” I asked. How could I have forgotten passing out? That doesn’t sound like a usual Victrivia Amorette Ambrosine thing to do.
“Seven weeks ago,” He said, obviously amused at my confusion. I’m happy he’s having fun. Note the sarcasm.
“But—When—Wha—I—HOW?” I stuttered. He laughed.
“Yeah,” I rolled my eyes, seeing this conversation wasn’t getting anywhere.
“I feel gross.” I stated, randomly. It was true; I don’t think that they’d bathed me in the seven weeks that I’d been out. My hair was a big greaseball. My breath smelled horrible. It was a wonder how Kayne had kissed me, knowing I hadn’t been able to brush my teeth or wash my hair or body in seven weeks. I shuddered. I know for a fact that if he hadn’t showered in nearly two months, I wouldn’t even want to touch him.
“Right. I’m sure you would like to shower,” Ari rambled. I nodded, picking at some dirt under my middle fingernail.
How in the world did I get dirt under my fingernails if I was out for seven weeks? I wondered.
Later…
So after my shower, I got dressed into my skinny jeans and Dr. Seuss fish t-shirt. I felt totally refreshed and clean. Now all I had to do was brush my teeth. I grabbed the purple toothbrush that I’d claimed as mine when I tore it from it’s package a while back. I brushed my teeth happily and Kavan walked in as I spit.
“Whatcha doin?” he pestered.
“Vrochim I teef!” I exclaimed after shoving the toothbrush back into my mouth.
“Why?” he asked. I gave him a weird look and spit into the sink once more. I began to rinse off my toothbrush.
“So that my breath doesn’t stink horribly.” I said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. He simply nodded.
“So,” he rambled.
“What do you want, Kavan?” I suddenly questioned suspiciously. He gave me a look.
“What do you mean, sweet?” he asked, adorably.
“It’s Triv, hunn. But why are you here, stalking me as I brush my teeth? It’s really quite creepy,” I added the last part bitterly.
“I have no idea what in the world you’re talking about,” he insisted. I rolled my eyes. This conversation was getting me absolutely nowhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOH! Finally in with the new chapter! Not really new, but whatevs.