Forbidden to Remember

Chapter Twelve: Will You Marry Me?

The morning of our big dinner, I woke up stressed. I wasn’t sure if anything was right. I couldn’t tell up from down. When I got out of bed, I went into the kitchen and saw Kellan hanging up the phone.

“Turn around and go get dressed.” he said with out even turning to look at me.

“I’m already dressed.” I said.

“No you’re not you’re still in your nightie now go.” he replied never looking up from the paper he was writing on. Shocked and confused on how he knew I was still in my jammies.

I got dressed quickly, into some jeans and a tee shirt since I was only going to stressing out for the day trying to get everything ready. When I got back down stairs I saw Kellan pulling out of the driveway. I walked into the kitchen over to the phone to call him to see where he was going, but there was a note with my name on it laying on the counter.

‘Lily,

Below are directions I want you to follow them and don’t argue just go and have fun, don’t worry about tonight everything is taken care of. I love you.

Kellan’


I read thru the directions, and smiled. I already knew where I was going I had been there many times before. He called and got me in at one of my favorite SPAs. I slipped my shoes on grabbed my SPA bag from the bedroom and went out to my car. I called Kellan from the car.

“Hello.” he said sweetly.

“I love you too.” I said.

“Good, so your not mad?” he asked.

“No im not mad, thank you because I know if you hadn’t done this I wouldn’t be at the dinner tonight I’d be in a straight jacket bouncing off the wall of a padded room.” he burst out laughing.

“No you wouldn’t, well go have fun I know you will.” I smiled.

“Alright see you tonight.” I hung up the phone and pulled into the driveway of the Spa. The valley came over and parked my car as I made my way in. the woman at the front desk greeted me with a smile.

“Hello Mary, my fiancé called this morning.” she nodded and she lead the way to my favorite suit. I changed into my fluffy robe and slippers. I was in my happy place.

As I was getting a back message, my cell phone started to ring. Its was Kellan’s ring tone so I answered.

“Hello?” I said softly.

“Hey baby, we have a small problem with seating.” I groaned.

“I’ll be there in a few minutes.” I said starting to get up.

“No, I need to know if I should let your Uncle and My uncle near each other since the tables are so close together.”

“No don’t put them near each other, put my uncle by my cousin Mary and leave yours where he is.”

“Okay, thank you.” I told him I loved him and laid back down.

When I was done with everything, all the messages, pedicure and manicure, I went to go change into my clothes so I could go home and change into my dress, but they weren’t there instead was my dress and shoes and my jewelry that I had picked out. I smiled and started to get dressed. Once my dress was zipper in the back there was a soft knock on the door I opened it and was shocked to see Jessica standing there. She looked up set.

“Hello?” I said shocked to see her. She looked up with wide eyes.

“Oh, wow you’re my last client?” I nodded and let her in.

“Shouldn’t you be getting ready?” I said after she told me to sit down.

“Yea but they won’t let me leave early.” I nodded. She ran a brush through my hair and asked if I wanted it up or down. I told her to do something simple and surprise me. Oh she did it was so beautiful, my hair was curled nicely and a very beautiful down due. I smiled and hugged her. She then had me sit back down so she could do my make up. She did an amazing job and told her I’d be calling her again in the future.

When I walked out of the SPA, my car was missing and a limo was waiting. I shook my head and climbed in. As the limo drove I could tell he was taking a much longer route to the place where we holding he dinner, Kellan was keeping me away as long as possible, but I was even more happy when we finally pulled in and the driver came around and opened my door. I thanked him and walked in to the hall. Kellan was standing there talking with one of his brothers, I walked over and wrapped my arms around him.

“Thank you baby.” I whispered up at him. He smiled kissed me then lead all three of is into the hall. I was surprised to see most of guest here. Kellan lead me to our table, which was at the head of the room, where Kellan, my parents, his parents and I would be sitting. He told me to sit and not to move.

When my parents arrived my mother came rushing over to me. We hugged tightly she was excited because this would be the first time she’ll really get a chance to meet Kellan’s parents and there not be a crisis going on.

“Are they here yet?” she asked. I shook my head no as I hugged my father.

“I can’t believe how grown up you are now my little angel.” He whispered into my shoulder as we hugged. I smiled kissed his cheek as we pulled apart.

“You’ll always be my daddy.” I said softly so that it was only between us. What I had said brought tears to his eyes. I wiped them away.

Once all the guest had arrived, we let everyone chat and mingle. Kellan and I watched them all getting along well, until my focus came back to my own table. Our fathers were butting heads about some random subject. I knew then it was time to call everyone’s attention to us. I stood up with Kellan, tapped my fork lightly against my wine glass and everyone looked up at us.

“I would like to thank all of you for coming here this evening. As you can see the tables have been set so that both families can get to know each other.”

“Yea, so you know that in the future this is what we have to look forward to.” Kellan said. I smiled. I looked down at my mom and her mouth was open she knew what was coming next. “Tonight we have brought together all of our loved ones because I wanted to do something special in front of all of you.” I smiled up at him, he pulled the ring box from his pocket and opened it. You could hear every women in our families gasp and sigh.

“STOP!” his father yelled. “Kellan I won’t let you do this. I will not have my son marrying a woman who’s father is a total nut case.” he said pointing at us. “Now put that away we’re leaving.” he grabbed his wife’s arm pulled her up from her chair and stormed away. I was in complete shock. I looked up at Kellan who looked ready to kill. He stormed off after his father. I ran after him.

“Kellan honey, stop.” I said trying to catch him I knew his temper and I didn’t want him saying or doing anything he’d regret later, but I was to late. He was already laying into his father who had a look of complete shock on his face, who then slapped his son. My heart stopped. I went over to Kellan who stood there with his hand on his cheek. I stood in front of Kellan between him and his father.

“If you ever step foot in my house again boy I swear.” his father said before getting in his car and speeding away. I wrapped my arms around Kellan and he held me to him.

“I’m so sorry.” my father mumbled from behind us. “This all my fault.” he said.

“No sir he doesn’t understand tat people have different views then him. He’s just a cocky old man who hates himself.” Kellan said after we went back inside.

The party went on, everyone loved the entertainment. I think Syn liked her the most. He wouldn’t take his eyes off her. It was cute. The rest of the night Kellan didn’t say much and I was worried he held my hand tightly but by the end of the night the grip was lose and his eyes were distant I was scared now, I just want to know what he was thinking inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
More is coming slowly but more is coming!!!