Forbidden to Remember

Chapter Thirteen: This Can’t Be Happening

When Kellan dropped me off at home that night I was sitting in the car with him, when he turned to me. I turned to him and stared at him, you could see in his blue eyes that he was thinking really hard.

“Lily I’m so sorry about tonight.” he whispered. It wasn’t his fault it was no ones fault nothing was wrong it all was just a big miss understanding. Nothing more then that and time will fix it. I hope.

“Kellan honey it’s not your fault I don’t blame you and I know you know that already.” he nodded. I leaned over and gave him a passion filled kiss before getting out of the car and walking down the path to my little house/apartment, behind Matt and Val‘s.

I walked in and sighed. I looked down at my ring and I knew deep down Kellan and I would work out but a rough patch was coming because he was confused on what to do about his parents. He was confused about everything. About who he should side with and who he needed to listen to.

I knew him to well to think that he would put this behind him. So while I was hanging out with the guys during Warp Tour a few days after the dinner I was sitting at the merch tent after their set playing around on my lap top playing some random card game while on the internet when my cell phone started to ring. It was Kellan’s ringtone so I knew it was him.

“Hello?” I answered, as a over whelming feeling of dread filled me.

“Hi,” he sounded so dead. “we have to talk can u come back to bus please.” I got up and asked Val to watch my stuff. As I walked my steps kept picking up speed and soon I was running. When I got to the bus Kellan was standing there with his hands in his shorts pocket and his head down kicking at the ground. I knew this meant what ever he was going to do he didn’t want to.

I went to him and wrapped my arms around him. I kissed the tip of his nose and gave a really weak smile. “Lily know I love you very much. More then life,” I nodded. “But you know that my family comes first.”

“Kellan honey what are you saying?” I asked he placed his hands on my shoulders then ran them down my arms and stopped at my hands. His fingers ran over the ring on my finger and he slipped it off.

I gasped and took a step back. I brought my hands up to my mouth and turned away from him. “I get it now.” I started to walk away but he said my name I stopped in my steps with my back still to him but he didn’t say thing else so I went on my way. When I got back to the table Val took one look at me and came to my side she caught me before I could hit the ground I looked up at her then everything went black.