Status: 2 more comments and I'll update :)

Serena: A Whole New Breed of Vampire

Chapter 17: Italy

Edward’s POV:

I took her face and stared into her eyes. The bright violet swirled as flecks of lilac appeared here and there in her large mesmerizing eyes. I couldn’t look away but I heard my voice whisper “your eyes” suddenly all I had in my hands was air. We all gapped at where she had been. She moved faster than anything I had ever seen.

“Edward” her voice called from the bathroom

I walked in to see her staring at a mirror I walked behind her and looked at her face in the mirror tears that looked like my skin in sunlight leaked from her face but disappeared as they fell away from her skin. I gasped and wrapped my arms around her tightly. She turned in my arms and choked “What am I?”

“I don’t know” I murmured kissing away her tears “I’m sorry I just don’t know” I held her tightly.

“Edward” Esme’s voice called quietly

I picked up Serena she still felt as light as before and carried her into the room her tears had subsided now and her face was buried in my neck as I rocked us back and forth.

“Edward” came Carlisle’s voice “We need to take her to Italy”

“No” I hissed holding her tighter I would have snapped her bones had she been human

“Why Italy?” Serena murmured lifting her head.

Carlisle looked mesmerized along with the family I saw her eyes were a deep blue, but returned to their previous purple as Carlisle said “the Volturi are there they are like vampire royalty they might know what exactly you are” he said gently

“We are going. Alice and Rose please pack the bags we leave in 20 minutes” Serena said her voice strong

“NO!!!” I roared holding her to me tightly

Her head snapped to me and her eyes turned crimson like a true vampire as she hissed “You will not tell me no this is something I need to know this, Edward. I will go on my own if I have too” she said staring at me her eyes were the color of blood

I stared back and shook my head “Fine” I growled “but you are to wear a hood at all times” I said watching her eyes fade to bright purple again

“Thank you Edward” she murmured kissing my lips sweetly

God I love you I thought looking into her now violet eyes they didn’t take away from her at all in fact they looked amazing on her

“I love you too more than you will ever know” she murmured burying her face in my neck I gasped I had thought that and she had answered me. I didn’t say a thing as I simply held her close and rocked us back and forth.

We loaded up the car it was 9:45 at night when we climbed into our 3 cars ad made our way to Volterra. Serena didn’t move from my arms and she simply looked out the window as Rose drove occasionally shooting Serena worried glances. Rose pushed the car faster going at about 250 miles per hour we arrived outside the wall of Volterra at 4 in the morning we had cut the 15 hour drive to six hours. Alice stepped pout of the Porsche after we had parked out side the city’s walls. She came to the Mercedes and handed Serena a deep violet cloak with a hood.

“Really Alice?” her voice questioned for the first time since we had gotten into the car.

“It matches your eyes” she shrugged while fastening it around Serena’s neck and over her flimsy silk nightgown. Serena had refused to leave my arms, and I wouldn’t release her, so she was still wearing her thin nightgown. I was even more thankful for the cloak now. Alice flipped the hood up for Serena and smiled at her. I walked forward and wrapped my around her waist.

“Let’s go” Serena said ringing her hands I took her hand and ran threw the city until we reached the underground entrance to the Volturi headquarters. Emmet ripped the manhole open and leapt into the darkness Rose Jasper Esme and Carlisle followed.

“I’ll catch you” Alice whispered before disappearing into the darkness.

Serena kissed my lips and stepped into the hole I hurried a light thud and quickly fixed the gutter while leaping down to make sure she was fine. I saw Serena crouched on the ground she popped up and grabbed me whispering, “I’m kinda afraid of the dark” I wrapped my arm under her cloak and around her tiny waist

We walked down the long cold hallway and soon found ourselves in the main seating area of the Volturi headquarters. Carlisle nodded and the secretary and said “We must speak to Aro, Marcus and Caius. Tell them it is the Cullens” he smirked and the woman nodded

Carlisle came and sat by Esme as I pulled Serena into my lap her cloak spilt open to reveal her toned legs she let the hood fall away from her face and closed her eyes before someone could see. She laid her head in the crook of my neck and took a deep breath as she brought her legs up further into my lap. I saw the secretary gape at her curled in a ball in my arms she thought Wow look at her she is the most gorgeous vampire I’ve ever seen and that is saying something no wonder she has that cutie so wrapped up around her finger I smiled at the woman she was the first human not to bash Serena in her thoughts. Pity she would most likely wind up dead

Jane threw open the doors and Alec appeared at her side “Aro is so exited to see you all” she said sounding more than a little unenthused at our appearance. I saw Jane and Alec look Serena up and down I quickly flipped up her hood shielding her face from the powerful little vampires looking at her. I stood up and set Serena on her feet. Her cloak billowed around her tiny body and she stepped forward and took Alice’s arm. “This way” Jane said eyeing Serena skeptically

Alice flitted threw the hallway with Serena as if the atmosphere didn’t affect the two girls. Rose hissed at Jane because she shot Serena a look of distain and stepped up beside Serena taking her other arm. I stood behind alert and ready to defend Serena, who despite her casual body language kept her head slightly down and her now bright violet eyes hidden. Alec eyed her body, as her legs would slip occasionally from under her cloak. I growled deep in my throat as his thoughts passed threw my mind his head shot up in my direction and he smirked. I wrapped my arms around Serena’s cloaked body and said “Sorry son she is mine” Serena just giggled and held me close the rest of the short walk. We arrived and Jane flicked open the doors with her small hands.

“Aro your friends” Jane hissed the word with venom “have arrived”

Serena’s POV:

I kept my head down as I watched the 2 young twins walk to flank an older looking vampire. I brought my head up but kept my face back in the shadows of the hood. I took in my surrounding dozens of crimson eyes vampires milled about the huge perfectly circular room. There was a large drain in the center of the room I didn’t want to understand why it was there. The feel was very mid-evil with the tiny high up windows allowing a little of the rising suns rays to shine threw and making the vampires sparkle.

I gasped and Edward shrugged and said “I forgot that bit” he kissed my temple threw my hood. I continued to look around old fashioned light fixtures glowed brightly illuminating the room there were only 3 chairs in the entire room. Vampires occupied two of the chairs; one faired haired vampire with milky crimson eyes and another darker haired vampire with the same milky red eyes. In the middle of the room stood a vampire his long black hair hung to his shoulders, and his eyes were clouded like the other two sitting on the thrones across the room. His skin seemed fragile, it was nearly see threw and looked more like paper than skin.
“AWW My friend Carlisle you have brought your entire family to visit how grand” the vampire standing in the center of the room exclaimed stepping, no more like floating, forward the two little vampires that had brought us flanked him

“Yes Aro” Carlisle called stepping forward and hugging the man I watched as he made sure not to let his skin make contact with ‘Aro’s’

Aro sniffed and said “Is some one new here with you?”

Edward shifted my cloaked body behind his and said “Yes actually my girlfriend, Serena has joined us”

“I’m assuming she knows of us?” Aro asked floating closer to Edward and I

“Yes” Edward bit out pressing me a bit back I kept my head low not wanting to reveal my eyes.

“Come here child I want to see your past” Aro said

I looked at Edward he looked down into my shadowed eyes and gritted his teeth before saying “he won’t hurt you” I stepped forward from behind Edward

Before I could step forward I heard the short hair man sitting on the throne call out “Be careful I’ve been trying to break her ties to them this entire time. She hasn’t budged” he searched for my eyes but found nothing in the shadows of my cloak

I drifted forward lightly and Aro said “Jane”

“No” Edward shouted as Jane’s face contorted he leapt in front of me and whithered on the ground in pain

“NO!!” I shouted crouching by him and glaring at the girl suddenly in an instant she was in the ground howling in pain and Edward had stilled under my hands after a moment of her withering on the ground I shifted my gaze to Edward I stroked his face and asked “Are you all right?” He nodded and gripped my face under my hood bringing me down for a soft sweet kiss. I pulled away and made sure my hood still concealed my eyes I stood and helped Edward up I pecked his lips and he drifted back to where Alice stood. The family looked emotionless as I drifted a bit closer to Aro.

“Amazing” Aro whispered as I stood in front of him Jane glared at me as Aro chuckled and said “Jane calm down you some what deserved it after you years of torturing others” she glowered at the floor and crossed her arms. My lips formed a smirk and Aro chuckled seeing as that was the only visible part of my face. “Child give me your hand” Aro said presenting his papery pale as death hand

“Why?” I asked skeptically

He chuckled “Smart girl. My power is seeing the past of a person with a simple touch. It is somewhat like a movie of the persons life.” I nodded and set my hand in his suddenly images flashed on my eyelids I saw a young dark hair boy being beaten by his father then abandoned then as he grew he was never happy then one day her was attacked by some unknown creature he suffered the worlds' pain and then became a new creature then I saw the man in front of me progress threw the stages of becoming vampire royalty.

I snatched my hand from his “Your life was so hard I’m so sorry” I murmured looking up at him from the shadows of my hood

His eyebrows knit together “You saw my past?” I nodded “But I didn’t see yours” he murmured looking thoughtful

“Aro she is powerful” the fair haired milky eyed vampire stated

“She is to powerful she must be exterminated” ‘Jane’ stated glaring

“No!” I whispered the walls shook around us everyone looked struck suddenly Edward wrapped his arms around me. The walls stilled and I melted into his touch

“Amazing” Aro said scanning my body looking astounded his eyes light up even brighter as something clicked in his head I heard something that sounded like a whisper Katrina

“Who is Katrina?” Edward and I asked at the same instant

Aro only smirked and said “She is like you Serena”

“What am I?” I asked shrugging off my hood some people gasped while others looked afraid but most didn’t know what was going on and were just astounded by my new eyes.

“You are special” the short dark haired man whispered from his spot in his throne he had sat up on the edge of his seat and stared transfixed at me

“So very special” Aro whispered looking at my closely.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter it is one of m favorites COMMENT PLEASE!!!!!