Status: 2 more comments and I'll update :)

Serena: A Whole New Breed of Vampire

Chapter 18: Katrina

Serena’s POV:

Aro stood frozen gazing at me as the white haired milky eyed vampire sat up in his seat. The short dark haired milky eyed vampire stood from his throne a group flocked around him, but he flicked them away with a wave of his hand. He walked forward and took my hand softly. “You my dear” he whispered “are very special, but we will let Katrina explain to you” he kept a hold of my hand his touch was cool but not icy like I would expect. I wouldn’t budge he just chuckled ad said “Come my dear I will take you to Katrina she will explain all”

I nodded and grasped Edward’s hand in my free hand. The man smiled brightly “What is your name?” I asked looking at the short dark haired man in front of me

“I am Marcus would you like your family to come with us, Serena” he asked squeezing my hand lightly I nodded “Fine then come along” he said softly he lead us out into the hallway and down a dimly light corridor. “Dear” he said I knew he was referring to my I looked up at him my violet eyes wide he smiled softly seeing my eyes and said “was Edward the one who bite you?”

“Yes” I murmured as we came to a spiral staircase that seemed to go on forever

“Splendid” he chirped letting go of my hand to grab the rail. He floated quickly up the stairs I turned and noticed the family behind Edward and I along with Aro and his two minions and the white haired milky eyes vampire and his guards. I let go of Edward’s hand and ran up the stairs I was at the top in half a second. “So Very special” Marcus whispered as I appeared next to him outside of a single wooden door. The family was behind us soon after he had spoken. He held his arm out to me and I wrapped mine around his. He pushed open the door and called out “Katrina, darling I have some one you should meet” I looked at the room I was a large lush Victorian styled bedroom fit for a queen. A woman in blue summer dress stepped out from and adjoining bathroom. She looked identical to me same blonde hair, same petite form, same violet eyes, but she held her self differently and there was knowledge and wisdom in her eyes.

“Well, well, well seems as though some one has finally made another” he musical voice greeted my ears “Hello there darling I’m Katrina and you are?” her large violet eyes identical to mine fixated on me.

“Serena” I whispered I glided forward and reached out I lightly touched her wrist before snatching my hand back

“My you are quite a youngster” she said fingering a lock of my golden hair. I looked at her I felt surprisingly comfortable with her like we were connected some how.

She tucked the lock of hair behind my ear as I whispered “Who are you ?”

“I am your ancestor, Serena, and I’m just like you” she said touching my cheek lightly

“What are we?” I begged hoping to finally receive my answer

The woman smiled and whispered “We are Sirens, or should I say you and I we are Vampire Sirens”

Edward’s POV:

Sirens?

Serena’s POV:

“I don’t understand” I whispered shaking my head

“Sit down darling I will explain everything I promise” Katrina said gesturing to a large table. We walked towards it and Edward step forward he sat in chair and pulled me into his lap. I wrapped my arms tightly around him and snuggled as close as possible to him I needed reassurance at this moment “You bit her didn’t you” Katrina asked pulling out a chair Edward looked at her an nodded “What is your power?” she questioned

We looked at her funny as Edward whispered “Mind reading”

Katrina cracked up laughing as the rest of the family and volturi sat at the large table “That will just add to her array of talents” Marcus was seated next to Katrina and he lightly took her hand in his

“You need to explain what Serena is to her family darling” he murmured kissing her cheek I smiled at his caring nature for her, but I noticed Carlisle frown out of the corner of my eye.

“Before that Marcus why don’t you explain how Katrina got here?” Carlisle said eyed the violet eyed immortal that could have been my twin

“She is the love of my life” Marcus said kissing the back of Katrina’s hand

“But Didyme?” Carlisle questioned

“Was willing to help. Katrina couldn’t be in the public eyes” Marcus said sounding somewhat bitter “Didyme was perfect I needed a wife figure and she was willing to marry me, but have her own lovers. Her death though still affected me greatly she would use her powers often to make me happy when I was away from Katrina” he kissed her hand once more “now when we are apart I feel as though I’m dying” he smiled softly at the beautiful woman and she smiled back sweetly kissing his lips.

“Ok I want to know why am I different then Edward?” I asked pulling my body closer to Edward’s and holding him tightly

“I don’t know where to begin” Katrina murmured “First I suppose I shall tell you about my self. I was born around 545 B.C. during Grecian power in Europe. I wasn’t truly born per say I was more created in the image of Aphrodite herself she created 3 of us each capable of producing human offspring to carry on the divine blood line. You see thousands of years ago gods were real and they created creatures in the image of themselves. Now only 3 immortal species survive Vampires, Werewolves, and Sirens. Sirens are the rarest because we require certain traits to be created a woman can carry siren traits in her DNA, but only when a certain male comes along can a Siren be born. We have never figured out what a man must posses to create a siren, but we know that very few men have the correct traits.” Katrina said looking into my mirror image eyes.

“How many?” I whisper cuddling closer to Edward he held me close

“What?” she asked smiling at my curiosity

“How many are like me or are like the way I was?” I questioned he looking into her eyes

“No more than 2 dozen you are the youngest. Serena you are the newest Siren to have been created, and you are very special” Katrina said her hand reaching out towards me. I reached out and touched her hand a chill ran threw me as I gripped her hand suddenly I was thrown into her past, but this was unlike Aro in this movie I was the main actress. I saw her life and how it developed. The movie ran so quickly I only caught key glimpses her birth and Aphrodite, a young Marcus and their love, then the moment Marcus bit her, her becoming locked in this tower never wanting to leave, and finally a large power that flowed like a circuit threw our bodies.

My eyes flicked open and I whispered “How many are like you and I?” I whispered my hand still gripping hers

She smiled and whispered softly threw my mind and out loud “Just you and I” her hand gripped my hand as Edward gripped my waist

“Marcus said I was powerful how so?” I asked releasing her hand and pulling my body up fully into Edward’s lap he slipped his arm under my legs and cradled me lightly.

“Well a normal Siren is still powerful in her own way. A Siren attracts all beings simply with the way she moves, the sound of her voice, her smile, her eyes it is all alluring to every type of creature whether it be and animal, a human, a vampire, or a werewolf” Katrina said looking at me and my family

“That’s why I couldn’t hate you” Rose mumbled

“Werewolves exist too?” I said staring at Edward wide eyed

He nodded “There is a pack just outside of Forks in La Push” he looked at me as I shook my head “You ok?” he asked looking afraid of my answer

I giggled and said “It is like I’ve been thrown into a world of make believe” I giggled and turned to Katrina “Go on” I said giving her a bright smile

“You my little one have been given vampire venom. It is a chain reaction it unlocks all the godly powers that lay dormant in your Siren blood.” Katrina said seriously

“Why then can I do what I do? Do I have specific powers or no?” I asked still not understanding

Edward’s POV:

“Ok I’ll take it slow cause this is a lot of information to digest. I didn’t have some one to train me I found out all my gifts on my own, but I’m here to help you. Your journey wont be quite as rough as mine. Firstly you and I don’t require blood, but can still enjoy it from time to time. Humans though have no scent to us, but sometimes on humans we can see their aura, and if we concentrate we can use this same technique on vampires. Our most unique power I suppose is that we can control the elements, so earth or stone, water, fire, and air or smoke. These powers are extremely unstable at first and will take a while to control. Next you can be very manipulative it is a gift you had as simply a Siren, but the venom enhances it makes it easier for you to get your way. The gods favorite game during ancient Grecian and Roman times was to turn into animals or mortals and play with the humans on earth, so we can change into animals which takes a lot of work you will grow comfortable with one animal and stick to that, and we can change our appearances.” Katrina looked at the family as she asked “Have her eyes changed colors yet when her emotions flare?”

I nodded and Serena gaped not realizing that could happen “Yes dark navy blue and deep crimson red” I stated hugging Serena

“Hmm so she was sad and angry” Katrina giggled at Serena’s expression” It is ok darling I will teach you so just the flecks in your eyes will change with your emotions, but you can still change them at any time. Would you like to try now we can start with something easy” Katrina asked giddily

Serena hesitantly nodded and said “What do I do?”

“Close your eyes” Katrina commanded “Now imagine you are looking in the mirror before your change picture your big green eyes” Serena nodded and Katrina continued “Now open your eyes” Serena’s eyes fluttered open and I gasped I was staring back into her old big bright green eyes

“Did it work?” she asked looking at me I nodded and she squealed “cool”

“Now blink and think back to your violet eyes” Katrina instructed suddenly I was looking deep into the swirling violet pits flecked with lilac that were now Serena’s eyes

“Beautiful” I murmured kissing her lips she smiled sweetly and gestured for Katrina to continue

“Umm well we can also change the length and color of our hair. A very important trait we have is a shield our brains are shielded from all vampire powers, and we can turn off all vampire powers in a close range, and most none mental vampire powers tend to not work very well on us, but sometimes they can work very well and other times there is nothing. You aren’t quite as strong as a vampire, but you are faster, and you are still much stronger than a human and about the same maybe a bit stronger than a werewolf I’m not quite sure” Katrina said glaring at Marcus “Now we have this special talent that we can absorb and use any vampire power that is in close range to use, your range with actually grow as you hone your powers. Last and finally we are given the power of the person who bites us, so since Edward bite you you’ll develop mind reading” Katrina smiled at Serena and I.

“Do you remember when I said I love you back at the hotel before we left to come here?” I looked down into Serena’s swirling purple eyes

“Yes?” she said looking at me skeptically

“I thought that” I whispered looking down at her

Serena’s POV:

“OH lord” a sighed falling back into Edward’s chest “I can read minds” his fingers tangled themselves in my hair as he kissed my temple “I’m one of the most powerful creatures on the planet” I gasped finally processing the information

Edward kissed my temple once more before saying “yes you are”

“Ok we have one more thing to cover then we will be done and Serena can go get some sleep along with me” Katrina said smiling

“We sleep?” I questioned

Katrina chuckled “Yes but only a few hours a night” she turned and looked around the room “Alice right?” Katrina asked Alice she nodded “OK smell the air tell me how I smell”

Alice took a deep breath and said “You smell of green apple lilac lilies and a hint of jasmine?” she sounded skeptical with her answer “It is some what faint a bit less than a humans scent” she added

“Good now Marcus tell them how I smell to you” Katrina said squeezing his hand

“green apple, lilac, lilies, with hints of jasmine and amber” He brought their intertwined hands to his mouth and kissed her knuckles “It is intense it is all I can smell when I’m in the same room as you”

“Emmett” Katrina said “what does Serena smell like?”

Emmett deep voice said “Hmm chocolate, vanilla, some spices and a little bit of musk but she is really faint though”

“Edward” Katrina said pointing

“I don’t know why you think she smells faint she is even more intense then when she was human” Edward said burying his face in my messy white blonde curls “She smells like rich dark and milk chocolate, vanilla bean, cinnamon and other spices, there is a hint of white musk, mmm and just splash of exotic orchid” He said before kissing my neck softly

“Splendid” Katrina said clapping “Edward you were destined to find Serena, but you found her a bit early”

“What do you mean?” I asked

“Well you smelled her extra scent, which means you are her vampire lover. Well you see every siren has 3 mates a human, a werewolf or shape shifter, and a vampire. Most will only find the human and will kill themselves once their human dies, some will find a wolf and make little wolf babies before watching their love grow old and killing themselves afterward their lover’s death, but you, Serena, and I have found our vampire lovers. We could have lived eternally like some Sirens do with their vamp lovers, but ours didn’t know we were special, so they bite us thinking they were saving us from death. Really all they did was unlock all of our true possibilities. “

“How do we die?” I murmured slightly afraid of the answer

“We must be decapitated or have our heart removed, and then be burned much like a vampire” Katrina grimaced

“That wont happen any time soon” Marcus and Edward growled at the same time

Katrina and I giggled before she said “Now I must speak to Serena and Edward alone. Marcus darling you can stay” every one glanced around before standing up and disappearing.

“What is it?” Edward asked holding me close

“Young love” Katrina said wistfully “Now I need the truth Edward you did bite her correct?”

“Yes” he said wearily

“Perfect. Marcus bite me when I was 17 I developed fully to my 18 year-old body but it was just minute changes much like Serena. One day during intercourse my blood called to Marcus he accidentally bite me” I gasped “No No it was fine in fact his venom it turns out had become an endorphin to me it brought me to heights of ecstasy I had never imagined” I watched as Katrina shivered

“Her blood did the same to me” Marcus’s raspy deep voice said

“We are warning you that this experience is out of this world, but can only be experienced between the two of you it works with no one else” Katrina said slicing her hands in the air

“I wouldn’t want any one else” I murmured turning to kiss Edward’s lips

“good now here is another warning it is possible for Serena to be impregnated still her heart still beats and her blood still flows, we don’t know if it impossible for you to be impregnated by Edward per say, but it could be possible I’ve heard legends just be careful” Katrina warned

“I feel like I’m getting a sex-ED talk” I grumbled sleepily into Edwards’s neck

Marcus and Katrina laughed at me as Edward shook his head Marcus said “Oh Edward you said something about werewolves where you both live correct?”

“Yes” He murmured running his fingers lightly threw my hair

I watched Katrina smile at us before saying “Any werewolf will immediately imprint on her, so be careful. You do know what imprinting is don’t you?” Katrina asked one blonde eyebrow raised

“Yes” Edward mumbled before humming in my ear

“What’s that?” I mumbled halfway drifting to sleepy

“I’ll explain in our first lesson for now go get some sleep” Katrina said rising and running her fingers threw my hair “Edward she may take my bed I think I will have some private time with Marcus for now” Katrina murmured I felt her hand slowly leave my ratty curls. I watched Marcus smiled at me before rising and leaving with Katrina. I heard Katrina murmur something to Edward but I couldn’t make it out.

I closed my eyes as I felt my body being lifted and walked somewhere next I was laid on something soft and felt plush covers be drawn over my body. The bed shifted and Edward laid down beside me he murmured in my sleepy ear “good night my love” and I drifted into a dreamless sleep with him humming a beautiful tune in my ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY!!!! FINALLY!!!!