Status: 2 more comments and I'll update :)

Serena: A Whole New Breed of Vampire

Chapter 21: Almost Home

Serena’s POV:

I stood clinging to Katrina. We both sniffled our tears falling and disappearing mid air “Ok so you will call often” she said pinching my nose “and now that I’m here if you have any questions or anything” she smiled a teary sad smile and held me tight. I smiled and kissed her cheek as she released me to hug the others. I turned to Marcus and a light sob escaped my lips as I pulled him into a close hug.

“You’re always welcome here, my little Serena” He kissed the top of my head and pulled my back he whipped my tears. This past week I had become insanely close to Marcus and Katrina . They felt more like my parents then my real parents eve had. I love my dad, but Marcus for some reason felt like he was supposed to be my father not Jensen McGregor. I hugged him tightly once more I looked up at him my eyes teary. He shook his head and quickly whipped my eyes again “I’ll see you soon angel” he kissed my forehead and gave me a squeeze I nodded.

Slowly I slipped from his hold and walked to Edward he wrapped my in his arms. I nodded to Aro who smiled, he was a good man and we had fun together. Aro was like an uncle I never had, but Caius was still cold and wanted me dead. I glared at him and folded my body close to him as Caius’s eyes bored into me. Edward scowled and held me close I looked up at him and my breath left my body. I the chaos of the first few days after I had been bitten I didn’t quite realize just how much better my senses were. Now every time I looked at Edward my breath caught because he was simply perfect. If he was gorgeous before now he was Adonis reincarnated. My eyes trace every perfect line of his face as his cool hand cupped my cheek and he whispered so softly only I could hear “You’re my goddess” then he lightly kissed me. Alice had taken to calling me Serendite (Seren-DIT-y) a combo of my name and Aphrodite, which made Edward begin calling me his little goddess or just his goddess. I was flatter, but would blush crimson every time this was no exception. My cheeks flamed a soft rosy pink and Edward smiled brightly and kissed both of my cheeks softly. “I love when you blush” he said hugging me.

I broke away from him still blushing and turned to Marcus and Katrina. Who stood in the reception area bidding us goodbye with Aro and Caius. I smiled and gave each one more hug before Rose took my arm and tugged me away. “We will see you all as soon as summer starts we promise” Esme said more for my sake than the others.

“Goodbye” I whispered speaking for the first time in our goodbye’s “I’ll miss you all” and with that I picked up Lulu waved her little paw at Katrina and walked out the door with my family. “I’ll miss them a lot” I whispered as Rose and Alice wrapped me in side hugs while we walked down the overcast streets.

“We will see them soon” Alice said hugging my tight

“Yeah” Rose agreed then thought out loud “I wonder if they will let us take Lulu on first class?”

“Probably not she is a wolf” I said giggling and scratching the pup’s little white tummy. We soon arrived at the cars and made our way to the Roman airport.

<<< Airport >>>

Edward and I sat next to on another Lulu was playing with Emmet and Alice on the floor, Jasper read a book and Rose was laughing at Emmet as we waited for Carlisle and Esme to get the tickets. “I’m sleepy” I mumbled laying my head on Edward’s shoulder.

“You didn’t sleep at all last night that’s why you haven’t slept in 57 hours” Edward said rubbing my back

I giggled “You kept track” he smiled nervously and nodded “You’re so cute” I mumbled sleepily pressing my lips to his. Suddenly Lulu tried to take off in the direction of a woman carrying a little yapper dog. “No” I said sternly “Lulu don’t you dare” the dog fell to the ground and turned to look at my almost bashfully

“Wow she listens to you really well” Jasper said looking at the pup as she bit Emmet’s ear

I shrugged “No bite Lulu” she immediately stopped I looked at Emmet and reprimanded him “It may not hurt you but it would hurt normal people if she bit their ear don’t let her bite you” I glared lightly before cuddling close to Edward and letting my eyes fall closed. Edward chuckled and ran his fingers threw my straight blonde hair. I had shortened it a bit and made my normally curly hair straight to day. That was one very good thing about what I had become no more need for hair straightners or curling irons.

I heard Esme and Carlisle approaching the group so I let my eyes flutter open and smiled at Esme’s sweet face that was grinning from ear to ear “Lulu gets to fly with us” she squealed

“Yay” I squealed while rubbing my eyes

“You are sleeping on the plane no questions” Edward said running his fingers threw my hair I nodded. We all stood up Emmet cradled Lulu seeing as he was the most obvious choice to be carrying around a 4 and half week wolf pup. Edward wrapped his arm tightly around my middle. I let my mind wander and his thoughts float threw my head swear if that nasty bastard doesn’t quit imagining Serena tied to a bed I will snap his neck. Eww how can he think of her like that. She is mine loser and you wont get to throw her over your shoulder and run off with her. I shook my head and laughed I kissed Edward’s neck drawing his attention to me and not the perverts around us.

“You’re the only one I will ever want” I murmured looking up at him as we arrived at the security check point. Edward nodded and pecked my lips as the man asked our group for our tickets and photo IDs. Esme handed him everything and he asked each of us our birthdays w all got them right and he nodded us threw. I stepped up to Emmet and pressed my face to the top of Lulu’s head. She wiggled wanting me to hold her “No” I said softly stepping away from her. She whimpered but soon quieted in Emmet’s arms “Rose did either you or Alice remember to bring Lu’s bottle will us on the plane?” I asked as we waited in line to be searched

“I did” Alice said holding Lulu’s doggy bag up

“Ok” I said no longer worrying

<<< On the plane >>>

The Cullens had bought all of the first class seats, there were 2 rows of 2 seats all of which were occupied by the family. This was one of the reasons Lulu sat with he head in my lap and curled into a ball asleep as the plain lifted off, the other reasons was that Esme had told the airline that Lulu was required to eat every 5 hours making it impossible for her to be in the cargo area for the ten hour flight. I sat snuggled with Edward as the plain jolted off the ground Lulu was awoken and cried much like a baby would. I laid down much like our flight to Paris only this time I cradled Lulu to my chest instead of hugging Edward’s waist. I sang a soft lullaby to Lulu quickly putting us both to sleep.

<<< 6 hours later >>>

I heard little barking and something tugging on my hair. Then Edwards’s magical voice filled my ears “Lupa no let mommy sleep”

“She is fine” I mumbled my eyes still closed and stretching a bit in the seat. I sat up and let my eyes flutter open. I smiled contently felling all better, and turned to Edward. Hysterical is the only word to describe it, Edward was trying to feed Lulu and she was struggling and whimpering and refusing to take her bottle. Giggling I took Lulu into my arms and rocked her “Hush” I cooed taking the bottle from Edward and tapping the bottle to her little black nose. She immediately opened her mouth and began suckling I shifted the pup into my lap as the stewardess came down the isle.

She asked each row if they would like another drink, and when she got to our row she smiled and said “Aww looks like he has got his drink anything for you two?”

“Actually Lu is a girl” I giggled as she woman apologized “No big” I reassured her “I would just about kill for a Dr. Pepper” I said smiling

“Ok and for you sir” she asked smiling at Edward

“The same” he answered

“I’ll be right back” she said turning on her heel

“How much longer?” I whined hating not being on the ground or more importantly at home.

“Four more hours love” Edward kissed my forehead just as the stewardess came back she smiled and set our drink on our table. She nodded and then walked off. Lulu had just finished her bottle and had decided to sleep some more. She lay curled up in the crook of my legs that sat in my seat while I leaned on Edward.

“Lets watch a movie” I said sipping my Dr. Pepper “mmm” it took all my will power not to chug it, for it had been over a week since I had had a DP “I love DP” I mumbled as Edward laughed and took out a laptop from a bag under his seat.

“You pick” he said handing me a large CD holder I slowly flipped threw there were classics, horror, comedy, romance every type of movie lay at my fingers

I giggled and pulled out Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone I asked “Please?”

Edward chuckled deep in his chest before saying “Sure” he popped the DVD in and we snuggled close preparing to watch the movie.

<<< Seattle Washington 5:00 PM >>>

“Edward” I squealed clinging tightly too his arm

“Yes Love” he chuckled petting my face as the plain slowly started to descend

“We’re almost home” I cried pulling my body closer to his trying to contain my excitement. Yes I would miss Italy, but I had also missed Forks while I was away. The plain hit the ground with a thud and Lulu leapt up from her sleeping position and howled. I grabbed her and Edward and I cradled her “Hush baby girl” I cooed kissing the top of her head she licked my neck in a long wet stroke “Thanks” I said sarcastically whipping my neck. Suddenly we had come to a stop I giggled and hugged Lulu tightly to my body, but I was cautious not to hurt her. I quickly sprung from my seat straddling Edward I kissed his lips before handing him Lulu and bonding to where Alice sat.

“WE ARE HERE!!!!!” we squealed as I threw myself across her and Jasper’s laps.

Jasper shook his head and lightly pat my head I giggled and smiled up at him my violet eyes no doubt were glowing a slight yellow around my pupils, and it would only be noticeable by their vampire eyes to all humans my eyes would simply look bright and lively. Rose came forward and pulled me by my hands up so I was standing my hands shook and I bounced ready to be off the tiny confined space “Chill” Rose commanded sternly I slowly stopped shacking, but still rocked back and forth on my heels anxious to get off the plain. I ad to keep reminding my self to move at a human’s pace.

“Ha-ha we have a Serena whisperer” Emmet said hugging Rose around her waist she slapped him before melting into his embrace. Lulu started barking and howling from where Edward sat trying to quite the tiny ball of fluff. She had grown and now came to just below my knee she had grown quickly in the week we had her and was healthy as a horse. She was almost ready to be taught how to hunt, but I was scared she would get hurt. I shook my head I slowly walked to the wiggling pup my arms extended for her slightly she struggled more in Edward’s stone grip as I got nearer.

“Lulu” I cooed pulling her from Edward’s grip “Hush baby” I watched as Edward pouted slightly. The stewardess smiled and opened the door allowing us to leave. I giddily bounced to where Alice stood.

“We need to take Lulu to the little puppy’s bush” she cooed scratching the pup as we walked off the plain and nodded at the stewardess.

“We will take her while the boys get the bags” rose said shrugging off Emmet’s arm.

“Ok” I said as we walked briskly to baggage claim I laughed as Alice brought out a leash and hooked it to Lulu’s collar. Lulu’s collars was black and had Swarovski crystals. Any guess on who bought the little wolf pup a several hundred dollar collar, ding ding we have a winner Alice Cullen is correct. I carried Lulu out the door past luggage claim where we had split from the boys we scanned around and found a large strip of grass in a medium separating the pick up lane to the parking garage. I ran at a human pace to the medium I et little Lulu down and held her leash I said “Lu go potty” She looked up at me pleadingly wanting to be held “Potty” she sulked a bit and began sniffing around “I cant believe you bought her a jeweled collar she looks like a spoiled husky” I pouted towards Alice

She giggled and skipped over to me she hugged my waist and earned several honks from passing cars Rose and Esme leaned on one another laughing at the people honking as Alice giggled and said “She Deserves to be spoiled” she looked at Lulu who had just gone tinkle “Don’t you Lupa?” she cooed to the relieved wolf pup

Lulu barked and bounced happily from Alice to I wanting to be held. I scooped her up and cradled her close she licked my face adoringly. “Love you my little Lupa” I cooed kissing her head. We walked to the sliding doors and slipped threw we scanned for the guys we quickly saw them standing idly chatting at carousel 8 we quickly bound over . Lulu barked loudly catching the boys’ attentions along with the surrounding humans. Edward grin was impossibly large as he wrapped his arms around Lulu and I. I kissed his lips and smiled as Lulu licked his cheek excitedly “She missed her daddy” as said pressing her into his outstretched arms

“How many bags did we wind up with this trip Esme?” Alice said as she lightly held Jasper’s hand. They had an air around them like the drifted in their own little love filled world that couldn’t possibly be shattered if they were together, but Rose was wrapped tightly around Emmet as he held her close they would kiss and whisper seductively to each other. This set of couples would look opposite to judging eyes, but both were so deeply and irrevocably in love with each other it was impossible not to be jealous of them.

“4 for you, 2 for Rose and I, each, and 5 for Serena plus the 2 we started out with. OH and that one little suitcase for all of Lulu’s toys and such” Esme said her eyes scanning the bags that had just began circulating on the carousel.

“We did good this trip” Rose said detaching herself from Emmet and walking over to Edward and Lulu. She softly took Lulu into her arms ad said looking inot the pup’s multicolored eyes “Most the time I don’t like mutts, but I love little Lu” she kissed the pup and began playing with her

“Rose would have been such a good mom” I whispered softer than air

Rose froze her face looked up at me her eyes for the first time since I had know her revealed an empty sorrow I had never seen before I always wanted to be a mom she whispered threw my mind.

I walked at swift human pace towards her I took Lulu from her arms and handed her off to a frozen Emmet he blindly cradled the pup his eyes never leaving his girl. I quickly averted my eyes from Emmet and looked at Rose our eyes connected and I felt her pain wash over me followed by despair want and jealousy. I looked at her and concentrated on focusing all of my love on her at that moment. In a second I had wrapped my arms tightly around her waist and up her back. I held her tightly. Her arms wrapped around my and a silent tearless sob racked her chest “Hush” I said rocking us back and forth. It was like my voice had broken the trance the other family members were in. Rose and I stood rocking back and forth as Alice and Esme chatted softly and the boys got the bags while Jasper played with Lulu.

The boys had gotten all of the bags and Edward and Carlisle had brought over two large carts they loaded all the suitcases on. Emmet set Lulu onto pot the cart he was pushing and Carlisle gently said “Time to go”

I slowly pulled away from Rose and whispered “We will be fine” I pulled completely away from Rose, but kept a hold of her hand as we walked out towards the car park.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT OR THE WORLD AS I KNOW SHALL END!!!!!!!! ad no updates your choice give me 4 GOOD comments and you get a chapter!!