Status: 2 more comments and I'll update :)

Serena: A Whole New Breed of Vampire

Chapter 4: New Friends and Late Nights

“WOW” you gasped as you hopped out of the car. Alice and Rose just giggled and linked arms with you then they practically dragged you to the door. “What if they don’t like me?” you said feeling nervous.

Both girls stopped and Rose stared at you and said “You about to go into a house full of vampires and your afraid they wont like you” you nodded she shook her head and said

“wow your odd” you smiled and squeezed her arm.

“Let’s Go. Esme is going to LOVE you!!!” Alice said giddily.

“Carlisle Esme come here please” Rose said in a normal voice. Suddenly a gorgeous couple around the ages of 30 appeared.

“Yes” the blonde guy said as he smiled warmly at you. You smiled back.

“Carlisle Esme this is Serena she is coming with us this weekend” Alice said with a smile.

“Does she know?” Esme the beautiful brunette asked.
You smiled and said “Yes I know your family consists of vampires and I’m ok with it. I wont tell I swear. If you don’t want me going on your trip I’m fine with that.”

“Oh No No” Esme started “I was just making sure you knew cause since none of us sleep that could have been odd we don’t have beds, but we have very comfy sofas.” She said smiling at you.

“That’s perfect. By the way your home is amazingly beautiful” you said looking around the large open air style room that consisted of the living room, stairwell, dining room and opening hall way. There was a corner that you assumed led to the kitchen that probably wasn’t used that often.

“Thank you sweetie. You girls have fun we are leaving for the airport at 7 tomorrow morning. Nice meeting you I’ll probably see you later if not good night.” Then Esme disappeared.
Carlisle smiled and said “Nice meeting you Serena. See you in the morning girls” then he disappeared too.

“Cool” you breathed you were sure the entire house heard you but you didn’t care “Where are the boys” you asked as you began to walk up the stairs. Alice laughed and Rose shook her head you acted as if you lived her your entire life.

They caught up to you and Rose said “Hunting”

You just nodded and said, “Don’t you two need to hunt also?”

Alice shook her head and said “We went yesterday plus the boys do it more for fun some day then actual food” she shrugged.

You giggled and said “They sound like boys”

“Your so odd” Rose said looking astonished

“So you say” you said with a smile. You had just reached the end of the hallway and you turned to the left and opened a door. It lead into a very posh girl’s room you gasped and said “Alice I LOVE your room”

Alice stared and said, “How did you know?”

You shrugged and said, “I have great sense of direction. Can we have a girl’s night, please?
” you said with a slight puppy face on.

“OF COURSE” Alice said in a now giddy voice. You glanced at the clock and noticed it was 9 perfect you could have fun till midnight then you wanted to go look at stars. Alice saw you plan and nodded her head at you signaling it was ok for you to go out alone. Alice ran around the room and grabbed all her supplies.

“What color nails do you want?” Alice asked you and Rose

“Red” Rose said in a duh tone as she grabbed a file and sculpted her fingernails Alice tossed her the bottle and turned to you.

“Silver please if you have it at least” you said looking into the bag she was holding.

“Wrong bag you need the metallic bag” she rummaged around in a drawer and brought out a different bag the same size which was that of a grocery bag. Then she pulled out 6 bottles of silver polish “These will look best on you.” She said showing you. You eyes sparkled as you looked at the molten deep purple with lilac flecks through out it that shimmered on the top of the bag Alice had in her lap.

“Can I have that purple please?” you asked looking at it mesmerized.

“Of course silly it is your choice” then she got to work on you nails. And she insisted on doing you hair with matching purple streaks to replace the pink you didn’t mind one bit it was time for a change anyway. After 3 hours the boys had come home and Emmet and Jasper stood in the doorway looking smugly at the girls.

“Leave poor Serena alone she needs sleep unlike you, Alice” Jasper scolded as he saw his girlfriend picking out seven different tops for you to try on. You fake yawn and sent Alice a knowing look she smiled at you then grabbed Jasper’s hand and they went to you assume Jasper’s room.

Rose stood “Finally she is done. Serena you can just sleep in here if you like”

“Sounds great. Thanks Rose” you said giving her a good night hug. She hugged you back then took Emmet to his or her room with a wicked smirk plastered on her face. You laughed then saw the perfect place to escape it was a window that lead right to a huge tree with huge branches that would be easy for you to climb up and down. You giggled and changed into PJ’s knowing when you got back you would be tired, but you were use to only about 4 hours of sleep so you wouldn’t be tired in the morning at all. You were wearing a pair of rolled twice guys’ basketball shorts and a wife beater with a black hoodie thrown over. You threw open the window then went and to lay down on the couch for a few minutes incase these vampires heard you throw open the window.

You crawled from the couch and didn’t make a single noise you swiftly maneuvered out the window and down the tree with complete ease you walked through the clearing to the path that lead away from the house and threw the trees and arrived in a place where the trees cleared and there was soft grass on the floor of the forest. You heard a twig snap but thought nothing of it. Even when a voice spoke from above her she didn’t jump you practically expected it to happen.

“Your very sneaky and quiet for a human you know that?” the soft velvety voice that was definitely male purred from the trees then a dark figure dropped not even 3 feet from you. You didn’t even flinch. “your odd” the voice said again

“So I’ve been told,” you murmured looking at the twinkling stars. You turned and looked at him. “So how did you find me?”

“I couldn’t hear your heartbeat any longer. I thought you had died, but then I saw your window open and I followed you scent to here.” He said with a smirk his eyes were completely gold compared the black you saw earlier. His bronze hair was messy and he was in jeans and a t-shirt.

“Why?” you asked turning back to the stars

“What?” he sounded confused

“Why would you check on me then come after me?” you said not even looking at him. He was silent. “I mean you appeared to truly hate me earlier today. Why the sudden change of heart?”

“Your right I’m sorry for being rude I should properly introduce myself I’m Edward Cullen” he extended a hand towards you.

You sat up a looked at him “Serena McGregor” you took his hand and gave it a good shake.

You stood up and walked through the trees then you turned as you were about to leave the clearing and said “Edward you never answered my questions” then you turned and left him sitting there dumbfounded.

Edward’s POV:

Serena was so… different. He had never met anything like her. He couldn’t read her mind and it drove him crazy of all parting things to say she talks about him dodging her question. Truly she was fascinating. He heard hardly anything as she walked through the forest just her breathing her heartbeat and a soft rustle here and there. It was amazing she was so quiet. Then he left the forest and went around the corner of the house to watch her leap into the tree then she steadily climbed up and into the window as she was about to close the window she looked him in the eyes and smirked then left the window open. He heard her drop some article of clothing from her body then he heard her lay on the couch and after maybe ten minutes her breathing and heartbeat were slow and steady. She had seen him or felt his presence, who knew. All he knew is that he was fascinated with the creature sleeping soundly in his sister’s bedroom. He decided to run until his family left in the morning hoping to clear his head.