Chin Up Love

Assigning Forgiveness

After that day I didn’t speak to Oliver for the next week avoiding him at all cost I didn’t want to see him let alone speak to him I mean only god knows what our next meeting could endure.

I was seated in History the one subject I actually liked but I wasn’t paying too much attention, my family was driving me insane again it was my cousins birthday today which meant that I would end up at there house and be criticized and critiqued and blamed for absolutely everything under the sun not to mention my new piece of jewelry that im sure I would cop another mouthful about.

I tried to drown out all my thought about my family and concentrate on what was happening.

“So the sheet I just handed you all is your brand new assignment…again it is in partners”
oh how I wished I never tuned in
“I again am picking your partners” my teacher instructed
“Lacey” I heard me name “You did such a good job with Oliver I decided to partner you two up again” I sighed oh how I wish I could just die
I looked at Oli who at that exact moment looked at me I quickly turned away banging my head on the desk showing him I was not at all thrilled about this little pairing.

After finally moving over to sit at the same desk with him he had asked me what I wanted to do the assignment on I gave him the cold shoulders as a response.
“Lacey I don’t know what you have stuck up your ass but whatever it is get it out so we can do this stupid assignment” his voice was stern but not cold
It was like when we did the first assignment together but our roles were in reverse, had we really gone back to that.
I gave in giving him a small smile and I felt his knee nudge mine under the table.

The rest of the lesson passed smoothly and we actually got some work done which I think surprised the both of us. We agreed that I would go over to his house tomorrow afternoon to finish off the work we had left seeing as there was no way in hell he was coming to mine. Not after last time and lately my parents were just getting harder on me blaming me for anything that could possibly go wrong even if it had nothing to do with me. It was like I was the course of the family the black sheep that they wished would just go away. I was barley even speaking to anyone apart from Lucas who my mother told me I was a bad influence on. I think by this stage I was just holding things together and I just wanted this whole thing with Oli to go smoothly so I didn’t fall apart at the seams.

The next afternoon Oli let me into his house it was still the same warm and comforting.
“Lacey it is nice to see you again we haven’t seen you around here in a while” Mrs. Sykes greeted me
“Thank you, yea I know I haven’t been here for a while just another assignment to do” I replied
“Well don’t be a stranger you know your always welcome”
“Thank you Mrs. Sykes”

“She loves you, you know” Oli said once we got to his room
I laughed “More then Sarita” I laughed again I was just mucking around and he knew it
“Honestly they have never met and I don’t want them to” I laughed again
“Yea she doesn’t really seem like the girl to bring home to mummy” I replied
“Yep, ok let’s get this shit done”

Time passed and we got our assignment done successfully we were just about done when Tom came wondering in.
“Oh hey Lace, how are things?”
“Yea things are things I suppose” I answered
“Yea it’s a bit like that” he laughed before exiting the way he came

“How are things really Lacey?” Oli asked with a genuine look of concern on his face
“Hhhmmm… I really don’t know anymore I mean things have always been bad but im just so sick of it all” I was always honest to Oli it was like my weakness
“Has she hit you again?” I knew it was painful for him to ask and it was painful for me to look at him without wanting to hug him and forgive him for everything
“No…and I don’t think she will its just since I got my lip done anything bad gets blamed on me and she’s just constantly bagging me out and I don’t know if its all worth it I mean being me.” He seemed to be the only person I was capable of letting into my family dilemmas.
“Just hang in there Lacey” he replied sincerely
“Yea I better get going ill see you around Oli” I said gathering my things before I left.

How come he was the only one I could ever really talk to about my family I mean Pauline knew about my family but Oli was the only one who I felt comfortable talking to, and the concern in his voice and eyes made me forgive him, if I hadn’t already.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok this one is pretty lame im sorry
COMMENT