If I Could Go Back in Time

Thirty One

Mercy stood outside and watched her best friend drive away with her new husband. The wedding was beautiful and Mercy had teared up watching her best friend get married. Jenna deserved to be happy and have her family with Austin.

Mercy felt someone come up next to her as she was walking back inside the reception area. That person was Zacky.

“Hey,” He said.

“Hi,” Mercy replied, not really knowing what to say.

“Can I please see Brianna?” He asked.

Mercy sighed. She knew this would happen.

“So you wanted to deny that she was yours when I was pregnant, but now you want to see her?”

“Please, Mercy?”

“Okay….” She trailed off.

She walked over to her mom, who had Brianna. Zacky was following her.

Mercy took Brianna from her mom and stood next to Zacky.

“This is Brianna, your daughter.”

“She’s beautiful. Can I hold her?”

Mercy nodded and let him take Brianna. She was almost three months old and looked a lot like Zacky. She had his eyes, hair and nose. It killed Mercy to think that Zacky didn’t want anything to do with her. She was a beautiful little baby.

“I’m sorry about everything Mercy. I know saying sorry won’t fix anything I’ve done, but I do want to be here for Brianna. She’s my own flesh and blood. These past months that you have been gone really made me think and I just regret all of those things I said and did to you.”

“Zack, I forgave you a long time ago, but I can’t trust you right now. You’ll have to earn that back. You can see her whenever you want, as long as it is in reason. You are her dad, after all. You can’t deny that. She looks just like you. I plan on staying this time too. I’ve done a lot of growing up since I’ve been gone.”

Zacky nodded.

“Everything okay?” Brian asked as he walked up to Zacky and Mercy.

“Yeah, Bri, everything is fine,” Mercy replied, hugging him.

“Are you guys together?” Zacky asked.

“Almost. I really hope you’re okay with that Zacky.”

“I’ll have to be, but it will get easier to deal with. I just want you to be happy and if that’s with Brian then I’m not going to keep you from that,” Zacky replied.

Mercy nodded and Brian smiled at them.

“You named her after Brian though, didn’t you?”

“Yeah, it was the first name that popped into my head.”

“Can I take her to meet my family later?”

“Yeah, I think that would be okay,” Mercy replied.

“Mkay.”

Zacky was off in his own world, holding his daughter, so Mercy turned to Brian.

“So, since I’m back and everything…..do you want to be official?” Mercy asked, not knowing where the bravery came from.

“Yeah, I’d like that a lot. I want you to know that I love you,” Brian replied.

Mercy smiled, “I love you, too.”

So, Mercy now had her own little family and it was pretty much complete. Brianna would be spoiled just like little Austin was spoiled. The only thing is that she will have one mom, two dads, and a whole bunch of uncles, or what Jenna likes to call built in babysitters.

Jenna got her happy ending when she married Austin and Mercy was currently looking at her happy ending. She knew everything would be okay in the end, definitely not without drama, but would be okay none the less. She loves Brian and her daughter and that’s all that mattered to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sad to see this end.
:[