The Sick Among the Pure

I’m Disconnected By Your Smile

"No Trent that is not a word!" I argued as he put down a bunch of letters together that did not make sense, we were just finishing playing Scrabble. I've been home for two weeks and didn't come out. I guess you can say that it freaked both Trent and Maynard out a lot. "Stop whining it totally is a word!" He fell back on my bed annoyed, which entertained me. "Fine, I'm not gonna go out then" I went right under my blankets and faced opposite of him. "Okay, I'm sorry it is not a word." he said trying to turn me over by my waist. He pushed the scrabble game aside and laid down next to me, only observing me, I did the same exact thing to him. "Why don't you want to come out Max?" Trent asked as he leaned his head on his hand and stared at me intensely. "Stop doing that! You always do that before you talk serious!" I said rolling me eyes. "What are you talking about?" he smirked. "You give me that look and it gets all quiet so I just have to wait for you to say something or else it will be awkward." I responded pulling the blanket up to my chin. "Well, excuse me, I think you'll just have to deal with it!" HIs smile grew wider. "No but seriously Max, we've been worried, especially me!" he emphasized the word me which made me giggle. "I've been ashamed of myself, still am." I responded looking away. "It's not that bad...that is no reason to hide from everyone for two weeks man." he took my hand to comfort me. "No Trent, you don't understand. I did something really bad, really really really bad!" I pulled my hand away from his. "What is it?" he asked curiously turning my face so I would look at him but I couldn't. "I'm gonna go take a shower Trent so we can leave..." I said getting up from bed and hiding my arms by grabbing clothes. He looked like he was thinking so he just nodded.
After I got ready I pulled on my long sleeved sweatshirt and shorts and headed out to my room. I saw that Trent fell asleep which made me smile. I quietly put on my boots and applied some lazy make up on my face. He must be exhausted.. I cleaned up the Scrabble pieces quietly, not to wake him up until I was completely ready. As quietly as I could I went to my drawer and pulled out a small bag of coke, heading to the bathroom and snorting a line. I slipped it into my pocket and headed to check up on Trent, who was still sound asleep. "Wake up sleeping beauty!" I said really loudly as I jumped on the bed making him snap right out of it looking shocked and confused. "Hey!" he said and pulled my leg dragging me over to him quickly which made me scream. "That scared the shit out of me! Don't do that again or you'll regret it!" he joked. That's when I realized that his face was only a few inches away from mine. We stared at each other for a second that seemed to last forever until he noticed the awkwardness and got up. "Alright, let's go princess!" he said grabbing his leather jacket and putting it over his shoulder. "Yes Mister Rockstar..." I said and locked up the apartment.

"Everyone this is Maxinne! And this is Jeordie, Josh, Alessandro, Aaron, Rob, and Brett" Trent said introducing everyone as we got to their rehearsal. "Hey, nice to meet you all" I said giving them a wave and they did the same. As everyone went over to their instruments and talk to Trent, Jeordie came with a welcoming smile. "Hey, so do you want me to show you around, want anything to drink?" I smiled back and told him sure. The rehearsal place was a lot bigger than the one where my band rehearses at, they also had nicer instruments. Jeordie handed me a soda and we kept on walking. "Trent doesn't let us drink during rehearsal, so we always have to get drunk before" he explained and I laughed. "Yah, he's pretty bad with that stuff.."I said and he looked over at me raising one eye brow "Uh-oh, what did you do?" he was holding his breath in. "I took drugs in front of him, totally selfish and stupid of me, I know" he patted my shoulder. "It happens, he'll get over it" "Jeordie! Trent said that you should stop trying to get ass and set your shit up" Brett ran over excitedly kind of laughing. He looked over at me and I smiled, shaking my head at Jeordie who just shrugged. "Alright, but entertain her." Jeordie said as he walked away. "Come on Miss, I'll show you the couch I spend my days on while working for Trent, or doing completely nothing." He rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand, which was kind of weird. "See now Brett is trying to get ass, what the fuck!" I heard Jeordie scream across the rehearsal to Trent, who looked over with a serious look and shook his head in disappointment. "Ignore them" Brett said "Don't worry Jeordie, he's not gonna get any ass!" I yelled back and Jeordie gave me a thumbs up. "Oh well, I tried." Brett said. "Here sit down, we have a perfect view from here. You can clearly see Jeordie's ass, Aaron's knee, and Trent's muscles being ready to rip through his shirt. It's great!" Brett said in a sarcastic tone. "This is better than a movie theatre, I agree." "Soooo... are you Trent's new girlfriend or something? He keeps on looking over here every few seconds, it's starting to creep me out." I looked over at Trent and we locked eyes so I smiled and he shyly looked away. "Not at all, we're just friends. He's still dating that pretty chick Violet." "Oh. Well, you're a lot cooler than her. She calls him like every 10 minutes so he makes me pick up his phone and deal with it." I laughed and Brett sighed. "Wasn't expecting that from her." I replied "Yah she hates me" A bit later Nine Inch Nails started to play some songs and Brett and I would just laugh at them. Trent looked funny when he played, he concentrated way too much on looking cool. "Hey be right back Sheridan seems to need my help!" I nodded as he went over to Rob and then disappeared. I noticed that Trent started somewhat fucking up a lot and looking really frustrated after a few songs. "Come on Reznor, get your shit together!" Jeordie complained and rolled his eyes. I observed Trent and he looked at me in a weird way. "Yah, ya, I know. Let's take a small break." He said as he took the guitar off and then headed over to me, picking me up by my arm out of nowhere. "Trent what the hell?" He didn't say anything and let me to a room that looked like a bathroom, locking the door after himself. He was pacing back and forth and I just stood there not knowing what to do. "What's going on you're starting to creep me out" I said and he stopped, grabbing on to my shoulders and looking me right in the eye. "I figured it out, and..." I ran his hands through his head as he paused "...I'm scared of the truth" he looked up again. I let out a small laugh, he sounded like a crazy person. "What the fuck are you talking about? Are you okay Trent?" I put my hand on his cheek so he would look at me. He put his hand on top of it and brought it down, still looking right at my face. "You never wear long sleeve shirts." He ran his hand over my arm and stopped right in the middle of it. "I've been cold" I said giving out a nervous laugh. He quickly pulled up the sleeve and ran his thumb over the small dots where my veins were. "It happened by accident Trent!" I tried to think of excuses but nothing came to mind. He just sighed at stared at it. "No, I knew it was coming, Max. I just didn't want to believe it..." he pulled down my sleeve and took a step back. "Will you stay? I wanna take you somewhere afterwards..." I was uncertain but for some reason I trusted him and I knew he wasn't going to take me somewhere bad. "Okay" I said and he lead me over to the couch as he went and rehearsed, making the songs perfect with no fuck ups.

"Isn't this the way to your house?" I asked as we drove in Trent's car. "Yah. I have a masseuse coming over in a bit, I think it might be good for the both of us, then I wanna go to the beach." he said. "Um...am I really needed for this?" He let out a laugh and just nodded his head. We arrived to his house and his dog greeted me, I didn't see Violet around though. A few seconds after we entered the door bell ran and Trent went to get it. He greeted two Asian women with tables, so now I knew he wasn't joking. He told them to set up by the pool. "You ready?" Trent smirked and I shook my head no. "I've never really been pampered..." he laughed. "Well, you should get used to it now that you're a rock star. Come on." he grabbed my arm and led me to the pool area where the ladies were ready. "Take your clothes off" Trent said with a smirk and pulled his shirt off and then started unzipping his pants. "Do I have to?" I said and put my hand over my eyes. "Yes, you have to. Pretend you're in a bathing suit." he laughed. I sighed and when he wasn't looking i quickly took them off and laid on the table. "Now, enjoy and relax" he said looking over and closing his eyes. I felt the lady rub my back and pour oil on it, making it greasy and slippery. She was doing it for about 10 minutes and I couldn't handle the pain anymore. "Trent." I said opening my eyes to see him enjoying his massage. "Mhm..." he lazily replied. "This fucking hurts" A smile formed on his face and he opened his eyes. He wrapped a towel on his waist and mumbled something to the two chicks slowly coming over to me. "Close your eyes and just fucking relax!" he said cheerfully, somewhat entertained by my pain. The second I felt his hands on my back I tensed up again. "I said relax, jesus you're so stiff" he whispered to my ear and I tried my best. His hands were rough but he also did it a lot lighter. I closed my eyes and after a while I wished this would never end. "Your hands feel a lot better than the chick's..." I mumbled and I felt him smiling. "Well, now that you're fully enjoying yourself I have to stop" he said and took his hands off. "What a fucking tease..." I whined opening my eyes and glaring at him. "You shouldn't be talking, you're the one laying here half naked in front of me!" he said and walked towards the pool. "That's because you told me to!" I sat up and followed him as he jumped in the pool. "So if I tell you to do anything else, you'd do it?" I sat on the edge of the pool and watched him. "You wish" I said looking down at my feet until I saw Trent's head and his hands wrap around my legs, just holding them. "Yeah, you're right... I do wish" with that he pulled me down to the pool and I screamed getting pissed off. "It is fucking freezing in here Trent!" I said as I struggled to get out of the pool but Trent pulled me back down by my waist. "I'm gonna freeze to death!" I looked at him and realized that I was somewhat hugging him. "You can just steal all my body heat." He wrapped his hands around me and leaned his head on my shoulder. I was shocked that he was so touchy. I also didn't want his girlfriend to walk in and kill the both of us. "What's wrong?" He asked and I felt his breath on my neck, making it cold. I felt my insides to crazy things that felt good. "Nothing" I replied, hoping that he would try to make a move on me so we could finally have sex because it was driving me insane. "Are we gonna float here like this all night?" I asked somewhat laughing. "Mmm I wish we could. Come one let's go shower and head over to the beach." He pulled away and dragged me by my waist to the ladder. I waited for him shivering even more from the wind. My nipples were like razor-blades and I tried to cover it up but Trent already saw because he was smirking. "I know. Shut up!" I slapped his arm and followed him inside. "Hey I didn't say anything." I grabbed the towel he handed me and covered myself. "You can shower here, you're clothes are dry right?" I nodded "I don't have a dry bra or underwear because of someone though!" I said grabbing my clothes. "Well, you have your blouse and jeans...you'll be fine!" He said and headed upstairs. I took my shower and dried myself. I put on the white blouse on angrily to see that everything was visible. I'll just tease him for what he did, I thought. I came out and saw Trent playing with his dog, his hair almost dry. He looked up at me and his mouth parted a bit, forming into a big smile. "Stop smiling, you probably planned this all along!" I put my hands over my chest embarrassed. "Maybe." He got up and went to some room, bringing back a white t-shirt and throwing it at me. "Had to be white, huh?" He smiled and put a collar around his dog. "Makes you look extra good" He winked. I rolled my eyes and went to the bathroom changing and putting my blouse over it.

We headed over to the beach and Trent bought me ice cream as I walked his dog. Everyone immediately wanted to pet the dog and it was embarrassing because I looked like shit. "So this is how you get ladies, huh? Just walk a pretty dog on the beach and the pussy walks right over to you." I let out a laugh. "Used to do it that way when I only cared about sex." He licked his ice cream and looked over at me. "And now you don't?" "Only with certain people." he replied looking away. Another few people gathered around the dog and I let Trent handle it. I walked over to the side and watched the waves as I leaned against the barrier. "See, I knew the beach would be good for you" He placed his hand on my waist and moved it up to my neck, softly massaging it. "Well, you're Trent Reznor. You always know what's right!" I joked and turned to see him smiling and nodding, proud of himself. "So are you still haven't changed your mind about going on tour with us for a few months, right?" Trent asked as we walked back to his car, I was exhausted from all the walking. "Nope. I'll the rest of the band later to see what they think." I thought of the past tour and that's when it hit me, I haven't done coke most of the day because of him. The drugs didn't even cross my mind. "Trent- I need to go home" I said as he started driving away. "I was about to ask you if you want to spend the night over. Violet will be gone for a week and I have an extra room for you to stay in" I started shaking my head no. "I really need to go home." I looked away biting my nails and craving the cocaine in my system. "No you don't. We'll watch a movie at my place and relax, I promise it'll be fun" He said and put his hand on my knee. "Trent stop it! I feel like I'm gonna have a fucking panic attack!" I yelled and took a big breath looking ahead. " Listen Max, you haven't done drugs the whole day because you were busy and better things on your mind. Just trust me, alright? I know what I'm doing." I shook my head, it was his plan. "Stop the car, I don't feel good" I said looking at him seriously. He stopped quickly and I got out taking big breaths and sitting on the ground. "Fine, I'll take you home." Trent said sounding disappointed and upset. "Will it make you happy if I stay at your place?" I asked and he nodded being honest. I got back in the car "Take me to your place then, but please do something so I don't think about it" I begged and he smiled. "Have you called Maynard yet?" he began the conversation and it did take my mind off it.
♠ ♠ ♠
been a while! we'll I'm back with only Trent Reznor on my mind. This is a long one for my absence .