The Sick Among the Pure

We Suck Young Blood

It's been about a week since we played the three shows here in California and things were really turning out well for us. I was in a great mood today, we didn't have to be in the studio until 12 today so I took my time. I took my time and walked to my favorite cafe. There was a decent line so I waited patiently. A man that was in front of me suddenly bumped into me and woke me up from my thoughts. "I'm really sorry, didn't see you there for a second..." "No problem" I quickly replied when I noticed that it was him again. He gave me a small smile and picked up the open magazine that was next to cashier. My eyes nearly popped out of my face when I saw it. He moved out of the way and started walking away. I picked it up, bought coffee and stormed out immediately flipping through the pages and getting my phone. "You're late!" Maynard's voice came through. I looked at the picture that was in the center of the magazine of me laying on a couch wearing almost nothing. "Maynard I thought you talked to that dick head photographer about not using those pictures!" I said with my voice shaky and upset, I noticed I caught that man's attention because he turned around and gave me an intense look. He had the magazine too which was even more upsetting, totally ruining all my chances with him. "I'm really upset right now. I'm fucking done in the music business, I'll officially be called your fucking whore." I quickly passed the man and walked down the street. "For fuck's sake calm the fuck down Maxinne!" Maynard screamed, I sensed that he was getting frustrated. "It's not the end of the world, okay? You're gonna have to deal with shit a lot worse than this later on. And you're already in the music business. Well talk about the rest when you fucking get here!" he hung up the phone which shut me up. Before I got to the studio I walked in to the Starbucks on the corner and snorted what was left of my cocaine. I only bought it last night.

I walked in the studio and threw the magazine at Maynard, he was lucky enough to catch it. "Where is everyone?" I asked to see only him sitting there with his arms crossed holding on to the magazine. "I told them to leave." He simple answered. I sat on the couch and waited for him to say something, he was clearly upset. "The CD party is in two days, you're also playing a show that day. Have you been rehearsing?" he asked and I nodded my head. "I didn't tell them to take out the pictures. In fact I didn't do anything about it" he confessed. I opened my mouth and looked at him shocked. "Why would you do that?! I can't believe I was stupid enough to trust you!" I rubbed my eyes with my hand and started to get up and leave but Maynard pulled me over. I stood in front of him but didn't look him in the eyes. I just wanted to cry because I was so ashamed of myself and afraid of the response from the audience. "I'm just training you Maxinee. You have no idea what you'll have to put up with later on. I mean, what if I suddenly just disappeared and left all the work for you guys to do, what would you do then?" he said calmly. He got up from his chair and cupped my face with his hands. "I want you to realize that you're fucking gorgeous. I'm not even gonna lie, part of the reason why I replied to you was because you caught my eye. I want you to be more confident and take a risk sometime. Trust yourself." I didn't say anything to him and just stood there while looking him in the eyes. Even if he fucked up, I felt that it was for the best. I couldn't take the staring contest anymore so I leaned my head against his chest and sighed. I snaked my hands around his waist and got myself comfortable. "If it'll make you feel better, I'll make it up to you soon, kay?" he hugged me back, I just nodded my head in his chest.
"Wanna order some Chinese food and just jam a bit?" he asked petting my head. "Sounds good!" I pulled away and went over to get the take out menus we had on one of the shelves. There was nothing better than greasy Chinese food when you're feeling like shit. After we ate we just fucked around with the instruments in the studio. It was kind of nice just being alone with Maynard, he was so goofy and fun. "I wrote some lyrics while you were playing the keyboard..." I went into the small glass room and sat next to him. "Let's see them" he snatched them from me and started reading. He knew that I wrote well when I was upset, so it was perfect timing. "Very well, I approve!" he said and gave me a big juicy kiss on the cheek. "Eww" I cleaned myself and ran away quickly to the living room area. A second later Maynard was leaning against the wall with his arm up, observing me. "How's Devo?" I asked him as I laid down on the leather couch. "He's totally in love with you. You have diseased my son." He smirked and walked over to where I was sitting. "I didn't mean to! He's just way too adorable..." I explained and observed Maynard. At this time he was usually home or somewhere with some suicide girl he called his girlfriend, but they've been changing every week it seemed like. He laid himself down on my stomach and hugged my waist, lightly playing with my jean pocket. We stayed in that position for a while until I fell asleep.

Maynard's POV

The girl's been stressing out too much lately and I was impressed that she even wrote a song today. I've been a bit harsh in some situations but she has to learn one way or another. I laid down on her stomach and realized that we both took a short nap. Gently I got up and gathered all my shit, deciding not to wake her up and driver her home instead. I picked her up with both of my hands and she immediately wrapped her legs around my waist and rested her head on my shoulder. I locked up the studio and headed towards my car where I gently placed her in the front seat and put on her seat belt. As I was driving down the streets I noticed a familiar face and decided to stop by and say hello. "Hey! Long time no see!" I said as I parked right next to Trent's car that he was about to get into. "Look who it is! How's it going Maynard?" Trent walked over to the other side and I got out of the car, giving him a handshake. "Going well. Working on new material. I recently adopted a new band so they've kept me busy." I responded and quickly looked over at Maxinne to make sure she was still asleep. "I think I read about that somewhere today, I'll need to check it out" Trent said giving me his well known smirk. "Well, I would introduce you, but she's asleep..." Trent peeked over my shoulder and smiled. "She's cute...she definitely looks familiar" I let out a laugh and looked her over, most definitely cute. "I've actually been meaning to talk to you. I recently fucked shit up with her and I know she's your number one fan, I was wondering if you'd want to come to their CD release party in two days?" I knew that meeting Reznor would mean a lot to her, hopefully it will cheer her up. "Sure, I have a lot of free time on my hands. Just give me a call with the info and I'll be there" I knew I could always count on Reznor. After that we said our goodbyes and I drove Max home and set her alarm so she wouldn't be late for tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Holidays everyone!!!