Two Kids, One Love, Who Cares If We Make It Up?

Pillow Talk

“Do you have to go?” I muttered, looking at John with the best pouty face I could muster.

“Unfortunately, I’m still grounded till the day I die. The deal was once you were home and healthy I would go back home to finish my punishment.” John made a cute face, “I’m pretty sure I’m grounded till the day I graduate.”

I frowned as I shook my head, “You’re such a dipshit sometimes, Bear.” I laughed, “What were you thinking?”

“Nothing,” He blushed, “I was drunk, what do you expect me to say? I wouldn’t have done that if I were sober, that’s for damn sure.” He ran his hand through my hair, “Peyton are you going to be alright?”

“Yeah, no more parties for me.” I whispered as I reached over and gently tugged on the drawstrings of John’s sweatpants, “Is it wrong of me to be mad at Sean?”

“I’m mad at him. Mad isn’t the word, I’m angry, pissed off, disappointed, I could go on. He should’ve never done what he did, never. I understand that you two had a fight, and I know how stubborn you can be because I’ve fought with you before but that gave him no right to leave you alone with a bunch of older people that you didn’t know.”

“If he wasn’t trying to be so damned protective over me, none of this would’ve happened. And if he would just accept the fact that we’re together and happily together … I don’t know; maybe I would be happily pregnant right now.”

John’s eyes turned sad in less than a second, “Ducky, it’s not like I just ran out of sperm … I can get you pregnant again.” He assured, “And it will be planned.”

I shrugged, “It still hurts. How could I have not known I was pregnant?”

“You were only five weeks along, a lot of people don’t notice that early.”

“You’re just trying to make me feel better,” I muttered, “One would think that as much as I had been nagging you and wanting to be pregnant that I would’ve known.”

John made a face then shook his head, “It’s over with now, Ducky. If you want, as soon as we’re married we’ll start trying but you can’t be blaming yourself, you had no idea, I promise it’s not the end of the world.”

“I’m glad you’re here.”

He forced a gentle smile, “I’m glad you’re ok.”

I tugged on the drawstrings a little harder than I have been before letting them go and laying down with a stressful sigh. John mocked my actions, sighing himself then lying down behind me, hugging me to his body as he placed a loving kiss on my neck, “We only have a month left.” I whispered.

“Speak for yourself, I have a month and a half left, I don’t get out of school until the second week of June.”

“Well,” I started as I rolled over onto my back before turning my head towards him, “When you get back, can you start looking for apartments?” I muttered, “Just something cheap, something to call ours.”

He nodded as he leaned his head forward and pressed his forehead to mine. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply before speaking, “If you want, we can stay here.”

I frowned, “What?”

“When you were in the hospital, I saw how much your family really needs you…”

“What about ASU?” I asked.

“They have a college here.”

“And you’re family needs you too.”

“Yeah, but they have another son.” He pointed out, “You’re your parents’ only daughter.”

“Johno, I’m not dead. We have plans and there’s no reason to change them just because I got alcohol poisoning.”

He opened his eyes and looked at me, “I see things differently now.”

“Yeah, me too, but I want to move back to Arizona. I want to go to ASU with you; I want to get married in Las Vegas. I want to take weekend getaways to Lake Havasu with when things get too stressful. I want to hear you make up excuses to go to Lake Havasu just so you can see me in a bikini. I miss it back home. I love it here, but I love it there more.”

John smiled then nodded, “I do make up excuses just to see you in a bikini.” He admitted.

“I know.”

He laughed cutely then kissed my lips lovingly, “I really don’t want to go home without you.” He whispered as he pushed a hand up the back of my shirt to trace my skin with his finger tips.

“I want to go, but I have school and work still.”

He made a face, “Yeah I know.”

I closed my eyes as I snuggled him closer, “Did you mean that we can start trying for a kid as soon as we’re married?”

“That very night if you want to, we can handle it.”

I pulled away from him a bit then caressed his face, “What are we going to do with our lives?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know, I have an undecided major.”

“We have to do something, Johno. We can’t work at restaurants and best buy forever.”

“Are you making fun of my cool job at best buy?”

“No, I’m just saying that we need to think about careers.”

“I’m seventeen; I’m just trying to make it out of high school.” He whispered with a smirk.

“I want to run a shelter.”

“A homeless shelter?”

“An animal shelter,” I mumbled, “I want to work with animals, my parents have never let me have animals and I love them. It breaks my heart to see stray dogs and cats …”

“As long as you don’t bring them home…”

“I will,” I laughed, “You know I will.”

“I know,” He made a face then kissed me again, “We’ll figure it out Ducky, even if I have to suit up every day and go to a lame accounting job just to make ends meet, I will.”

“You want to be in a band,” I whispered, “Go on tour, play music.”

“I would want to do that. That seems like it would be a blast.”

“I want that for you.”

“Do you?”

I smiled and nodded, “But I think you’re going to have a problem, you hate having the attention on you …”

“I could be like slipknot and wear a mask. No one would ever know it’s me.”

I laughed, “Whatever.” I poked his stomach, “You’re gonna be a little indie boy, in a coffee shop on open mic night playing your songs about heartache on your acoustic guitar and singing you little heart out.”

“So what if I am a little indie boy? You’re the one who’s gonna be married to that little indie boy. What does that say about you?”

“I like a guy who can make music.” I answered, “I’ll be your official groupie, if you’re lucky I’ll even blow you before a show.”

He laughed then sighed, “I don’t know about you, Peyton.” He kissed my forehead.

“Whatever we do, Teddy bear, we’re going to be doing together, that’s all that matters. I have your back, you have mine. I’ll support you no matter what you do, even if you are a male stripper or selling drugs.”

“You make me sound so hardcore.” He laughed, “I’d get my ass kicked if I sold drugs, I am not intimidating one bit.”

“You can be,” I insisted.

“When it comes to people fucking around with you, but other than that I’m just a pussy.”

“You’re adorable.”

“That’s my problem; my fiancé calls me adorable instead of manly and beastly.”

“Oh you’re a total stud; you’re the manliest man I ever met.”

“Well it doesn’t boost my confidence if I have to tell you to call me those things.” He joked.

I fell quiet for a few minutes as I just took in my last moments with John, “I miss this,” I whispered.

“What?”

“Talking in bed,”

“Me too,”

“I also miss sleeping in your arms.”

He nodded then hugged me tightly to his body. As we continued to lay there in silence, I thought about how much John and I have planned out our lives together yet there is so much that isn’t planned. I don’t know where we’ll be a year from now. We may or may not be in a place of our own, we may be living with his parents with a new born baby, or we could be in a house of our own partying till we pass out every night, I have no idea but I do know that we’ll be together.

Softly there was a knock on my bedroom door before it opened, “Johno, we better get going or you’ll miss your plane.” I heard my Mom say softly.

John huffed then sat up reluctantly, “Yeah,” He agreed as he looked back at me, “Are you going to come with or are you gonna stay in bed and pout?”

“I’ll go.” I sat up, “I can pout on the way there.”

He smiled then shook his head and he got up off of my mind. My Mom smiled at us before leaving my room, shutting my door behind her. I watched John as he made sure he had everything, “Teddy bear, who are you going to prom with?”

He looked at me, “I don’t know, I haven’t really thought about going.”

“You should go if you’re not in trouble any more. I’m going to my prom.”

“Who’s your date?”

“Keith,” I answered with a laugh, “He’s the only guy friend that I have that I trust …”

John smiled, “If we weren’t together and you moved here, you’d be with him, huh?”

I thought about my co-worker and close friend before nodding, “Yes, but he doesn’t compare to you.”

“If anything ever happens to me, or we end up not together anymore for some unknown reason, I want you to be with a guy like Keith.”

“John, don’t talk like that.”

“I’m serious though, Peyton.”

I just stared at him before getting up off of my bed and tugged my shirt off as I made my way to my dresser for a bra. John reached over and grabbed a hold of me, wrapping his arms around me securely, “I love you,” He said softly as he kissed my neck.

“I love you, too.” I laughed.

He growled cutely as he playfully grabbed at my bare chest, “I think we have time for a quickie.”

I turned around and looked at him, “I tried having sex with you last night!”

“I was tried, and I wasn’t in the mood … I just wanted to hold you.”

“But you’re in the mood now?” I snapped with a smirk.

He nodded, “Yes, I’ll be quick.”

“I don’t know.”

“What’s there to know?” He questioned before kissing me passionately. I kissed back eagerly but I pulled away, “No,” I shook my head, “We’re going to be late.” I muttered as I pushed him off of me and continued on to my dresser for a bra. As I put a plain white bra on, I could feel John’s eyes glued to me, watching me intently, ready to pounce on me and have his way with me at the slightest sign of weakness.

I looked over my shoulder at him and gave in, “Quickly,” I demanded.

He grinned as he nodded, “Of course,”

I rolled my eyes and went to the bedroom door, “I’m gonna take a fast shower!” I called out to my Mom.

“Don’t give me that shit I know what you two are doing!” She called back, “Hurry up! If John isn’t on that plane back home, his parents are gonna be pissed!”

“That’s true,” John muttered from behind me.

“Alright,” I shut my door then looked at John, “In the shower, I don’t want to smell like sweat and sex.”

“Sex in the shower is always the best,” He smirked as he walked over and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder before smacking my butt, making it sting. Laughing, I reached down and hit his butt too, “Ow! What was that for?” John whined.

“You did it to me.” I pointed out as he reached into my shower and started it. Placing me back on my feet, John smiled happily then quickly undressed himself. I have a feeling that this is going to take longer than we want it to, but what’s a better way to say goodbye than having a quickie in the shower?