Two Kids, One Love, Who Cares If We Make It Up?

Surprise, Ducky

"Looks like someone got stood up or he enjoys eating alone on Valentine's Day." My friend and co-worker, Keith, muttered to me, "And look Peyton, he's at your table," he taunted, "Good luck with that."

I looked at Keith, a brown hair, brown eyed boy who stands at six feet tall and isnt bad on the eyes at all, but he prides himself on being single and 'hooking up with all the ladies' and I'm committed to John 100% even if the dumb asshole couldnt make it out for Valentine's Day. Turning my eyes to the person at my table, glancing over the menu waiting on me, I made a face, "That's sad, Keith. No one should be alone on Valentine's Day, even if you're just with a friend or a family member, no one should be alone."

Keith looked at me, raising an eyebrow, "Dont get your panties in a bunch, Peyton." He smirked softly, "Listen, I know your loverboy couldnt make it out and if you want, after our shift I'll take you to dinner and a movie, strictly friends, I wont even try to put the moves on you."

"No, Thank you." I smiled, "I have plans."

"Oh?"

"Yes, and they dont involve you." I laughed as I patted his chest before walking away.

"That was harsh, peyton! I was just trying to be a good friend!" He called out after me.

"Go be a good waiter and refill soda!" I replied as I shot him a playful look over my shoulder then I walked up to the table, "Hi, I'm Peyton and I'll be your waitress today, can I get something to drink to start out with?" I asked as I placed a cardboard coaster down infront of the guy.

With his head still down and looking at the menu, I watched as he inhaled deeply then slowly let it out before nodded, "Tea," He said simply and rather quickly, not making eye contact with me.

"Alright, I'll be right back with that," I said then I hurried away only to see Keith still standing by the register where I had left him. He eyed me then the guy, "want me take that table?" he asked, "He's acting kinda creepy."

"No, I got it." I assured, "He cant be that bad, can he?" I asked as I walked by him to get the guy his tea. Once I had the tea, I walked back to the table and set it down before standing there for a second, "Would you like to order? Or are you waiting for someone."

"I am," He spoke softly, "Waiting for someone and ready to order," he continued to speak but didnt look up at me, but I knew that voice, I knew that voice all too well now that I hear it more.

"What can I get you?" I asked, a smirk now playing my face as I took out my order pad and a pen.

"An order of onion rings, a cheese burger with monterey jack, hold the pickles and clucks and fries, those are for you of course," He said with a gentle laugh before looking up at me finally.

"I'm going to kick your ass, Johno." I laughed as I watched him stand up to hug me. I threw my arms around him tightly and he held me up off of me feet before placing me back down, kissing my lips lovingly.

"Did I creep you out?"

"Sorta," I admitted then I backed away, watching him sit back down, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm hungry," He said simply, "I would rather be at TGI Friday's right now, but you work here." he made a face, "So I decided to eat here at sleazy Red Robin's." He smiled.

"No!" I laughed as I sat down across from him, "What are you doing here in Virginia Beach!?"

"Visiting you on Valentine's Day.' he smiled, "I would've gotten here this morning, but there was something wrong with the plane and my flight got delayed, but here I am." He took the lemon off top of his tea and bit into it, "I've been planning on coming, my Dad just told me to lie to you because you'd be that more happier to see me." He informed me.

"Oh," I smiled a bit.

"When's your break?" he asked as he looked around before placing the juiceless lemon on a napkin, "Do I have to sit around for hours?"

"I get off in three more hours, but you dont have to stay here and wait for me. You can take my car and go to my house, have you seen it?"

He nodded, "Yeah, your Dad picked me up from the airport. I took a quick shower then he dropped me off here on his way to pick up your little brother from little league or something like that."

I smiled as I stared at him silently. He stared back then smiled, "Seriously you're a shitty waitress, I'm hungry, you took my order and you're just sitting here."

"Shut up!" I stood up then kissed his lips softly.

"Do you kiss your customers regularly?" He asked with a cocky tone.

"Yep, all the time. Boys and Girls."

John shook his head then pulled somthing from his pocket, "Your Promise ring, my love."

I took it from him and put it on, having missed it since I left, "Thank you for bringing it."

He nodded then pointed back to the kitchen, "Food bitch," He joked.

"Watch it, I'll spit on your burger." I laughed before walking away, double checking his order on my pad. I tore it off it gave it to the cooks before turning around coming face to face with Keith, "Are you cheating on your loverboy?"

"No, that is my loverboy, thank you very much." I replied then looked over at John as he fiddled with his cell phone.

"No shit?" Keith smiled, "That's John?"

I nodded.

"I have to go see this guy, because you obviously dont find me attractive I want to know what you think is cute."

"You're cute!" I laughed, "But I have my boytoy, I dont need two."

"Yes you do," He nodded then walked away to John. I watched from the register as Keith introduced himself to John. I saw them share a laugh or two before Keith shook his hand and walked away, towards the enterance of the restaurant.

"Is that who I think it is?" I heard my best friend, Angie, ask.

I turned around to see her grabbing to glasses and filling them with ice.

"Who do you think it is?"

"That Johno boy you're always going on about." She laughed, "because if it is, he's way cuter in person than in those pictures you have of him."

"It is him," I smiled, "He lied to me and told me he couldnt make it out for Valentine's Day."

She rolled her eyes then grabbed the now filled glasses with soda in them, "So I'm taking it I'm stuck with my little brother and his girlfriend alone, tonight yeah?"

I gave her a sad face, "Sorry, I didnt know he was coming,"

"It's fine, I'll throw popcorn at them by myself." Angie nudged me as she walked by, "He's hot," She nodded then left.

"Peyton!?" I heard one of the cook wail my name. I hurried over to the pick up counter to see the onion rings sitting there.I smiled as I took them and headed back over to john. I put them down infront of him and he looked up at me, "Are you eat with me?" he asked.

"I have to wait for our food, then I'll go on break." I let out a loud sigh, "I dont have any other customers, they're all sitting up at the bar or on the other side of the restaurant." I played with his hair a bit as he took a bite of an onion ring, "Do I have to tip you?" He asked with his mouth full.

"No," I answered simply, "You dont, well not with money at least."

He gave me a cute grin, "I missed you,"

"me too," I kissed his lips softly, "I'm gonna go clock out for my lunch break before the food gets done, ok?"

He nodded then scooted over all the way to the wall and patted the space by him, "I saved you a seat,"

I laughed, "Thanks," I said simply, "I'll be back," With that I walked away to the back to clock out for my lunch. Just as I did that, our food was ready. I grabbed it, got myself a drink as well before going back to the table and sitting down with John.

He wrapped his arms around me before even looking at his food. Pressing his lips to my cheek then to my neck he sighed softly, "Happy Valentine's Day, Ducky."

"Happy Valentine's Day, Teddy bear." I whispered back then kissed his lips. He smiled against my lips before pulling away, "So, I'm here through the weekend, I leave monday morning, what do you want to do?"

"I dont know, I'll show you around, introduce you to some of my friends, you already met Kieth."

He nodded, "Does he go to schoolwith you?"

"No, we just work together." I smiled, "And hangout. I dont really have many friends at school," I admitted, "Just Angie mainly, she's here but she's pretty busy." I took a tiny bite of my chicken, "All my friends I met through Sean and they're all out of school already." I informed him.

"Ah," He nodded as he took a bite of his own food.

"How was the flight?"

"Long, I had a fucking screaming kid next to me. I wanted to beat the shit out of his Dad he was just letting his kid act up, it was horrible." John shook his head, "I have patience with kids, I really do but holy hell when they act like that they should be scolded." He hissed, "Our kids are not going to act like that, at all." He said simply, 'And if they do, I'm never taking them anywhere."

I smiled but said nothing on the subject, "What's new back home?"

"Nothin'." He answered, "I'm playing baseball," He muttered, "Um ... Delaney is moving in with us, she wants to go to ASU but doesnt want to live in the dorms, so she's going to stay with us."

Picking up a fry and swirling it around in my ranch dressing, I frowned, "Bear, would you move over here?" I asked.

He looked at me, "What?"

I shrugged, "I dont know, I kinda like it over here. I've gotten used to it, and my friends here are some of the best friends I've ever had."

He frowned then shrugged, "I dont know, Ducky."

"That's fine," I assured, 'Just a question, I'm not mad, you dont have to move. I'll move back to Arizona," I smiled, "I just wanted to ask is all."

John gave me a sad look then kissed my lips, "Is this move tearing us apart?"

"No,' I answered, "Never. I was just asking if you would like to move out here, if you dont thats fine. If it was tearing us apart, you wouldnt be here right now, we wouldnt talk to each other every single day. Bear it feels like we havent even been away from each other."

He nodded agreeing with me, "Ok, we can visit a lot." he frowned, "It's just ... I dont know. I'm not ready to move yet, if this is where you want to settle down and raise our family, sure ... yeah I'll serious give it a go, I'll move out here but right now, Tempe is where I want to be."

"So you'd want to raise our family here?" I smiled.

"Yeah, Tempe is awesome, I loved growing up in Arizona but I never have planned on staying there. You know me, I'm a beach bum. I love the ocean, but I always thought it would be the Pacific not the Atlantic."

"It's pretty here, though."

"It is," He agreed, "Cold, but pretty." He sat up a little, "I'll make a deal with you," He said softly, "You move back home at the end of school, we do our normal summer thing, trips to Mexico and California like always, lake Havasu is a must, always." He smiled, "And I do my freshman year at ASU, we'll move where ever you want to move," He insisted.

"You just want to go to all those parties with your friends," I laughed.

"Can you blame me?" He laughed, "I've been planning to go to ASU for years now. I'm not saying no completely, I'm just saying no to right now."

"But we can make our babies here?" I whispered, "Raise them here?"

"Yes," He nodded, "If this is where you want to be, this is where we'll be. They have things to do here. And who knows, these are just plans, maybe we'll end up moving to Montana."

I made a face, "Why?"

"I dont know," he laughed, "Nothing is set in stone, Ducky."

"Except our marriage."

He smiled then nodded as he kissed me, "August Fifth," He muttered then went back to eating.

"When do we want a baby?"

"When we're twenty five."

"John!" I snapped, "We talked about this before, I dont want to wait that long before we have our first kid."

"Fine, twenty one," He whispered.

"Twenty," I insisted.

He gave me a sideways look then rolled his eyes, "Alright, twenty. But the baby better be damn cute." He huffed, "And you better not use the pregnancy as an excuse for not having sex with me. And dont give me that headache bullshit either."

I laughed, "Deal,"

"Ok," He nodded, "Twenty it is. I'm so whipped." He laughed.

"It's a good thing," I nodded then we fell quiet as he continued to eat, just enjoying each other's company. This is the best surprise John has ever done for me, I couldnt have asked for more today, this is definitely the best Valentine's day we've shared to date.
♠ ♠ ♠
We'll shine this time, we'll make headlines