Two Kids, One Love, Who Cares If We Make It Up?

Early Morning Surprise

"Bear?" I whispered as I looked at my boyfriend who was sitting in the drivers seat of my car, "Can I ask you something?"

He glanced over at me then nodded as he looked back at the road, "Of course, Ducky."

"What did Sean say to you?" I questioned.

"What do you mean?"

"My Mom said she heard the two of you ... having a heated conversation yesterday while I was at school. I didnt want to bring it up last night because I didnt want to ruin our night, but it's killing me. What happened between the two of you?"

"We exchanged some words. He tried to pull the protective big brother move on me and I'm not going to prove myself to him just because he's been back in your life for a month and a half." John said sternly with slight irritation, "I came here to visit you, not kiss his ass for approval. I could care less if he likes me or not. I told him that I didnt want to deal with him because this is your weekend. After that, I left the room. Peyton, he started it."

"I know, that's what my Mom said.She wasnt sure what it was about, but she knew that it was Sean who started it. She said that you looked half dead when you came in for some food."

"I was." He confirmed, "I had just woken up and took a shower, I was feeling hungry so I decided to go find something to eat and he's in the kitchen acting all macho. Babe, you know me and you know I hate to get mixed up with that kinda shit unless I'm drunk ... he just got on my nerve. I know he's your cousin and you love him, but I cant stand him."

I smiled softly then it faded, "I cant believe he did that," I whispered, "I talked to him, I asked him yesterday before me and you went to dinner, I asked if you two had gotten into a fight and he denied ever talking to you.'

John glanced over at me again, "He's afraid of losing you." He said simply.

"How do you know?" I frowned.

"He told me not to make you come home. He said that this is your home now, or something like that. I just know that he doesnt want you to move back to Arizona."

"Whether or not I move back to Arizona is my own choice, no one elses. I'm not just some puppet." I snapped getting angry for a moment then I exhaled loudly before looking over at my boyfriend, "Johno, where are you taking me?" I asked, having just registered that we werent on our way back to my house from getting coffee.

"I have a surprise." He muttered simply.

"A suprise at seven thirty in the morning? On a Saturday? What the fuck have you been smoking since I left?"

He laughed, "Actually, nothing." He frowned, "To be honest, I havent even gotten drunk. Buzzed, but not drunk. I've been busy."

"Fucking whores?"

"Yep, everynight." He nodded, "I get all up in them, I've got every sexually transmitted disease that there is, right now. And guess what? You do too since we have unprotected sex. And you thought I've been faithful." He chuckled cutely, "That's what you get for thinking."

I laughed at him then sighed, "You're an asshole."

"Surprise!" He looked over at me then smiled before shaking his head, "No, I really have been busy. With baseball, and getting ready for college. Work, it sucks. You know I havent changed a damn thing since you left, and now that I think about it, I dont know how we ever had time for each other."

"Well, we go to school together, and I usually slept over. Plus I used to get dinner with you on your breaks at work or vice versa."

"I feel like we're a married couple."

"That's bad?"

"No, it isnt, but what is it gonna feel like when we're married?"

I laughed but said nothing as I looked around, "Do you know where you're going?"

"Nope," He shook his head, "I just figured I'd drive until I either came to the Alantic or something close to it." He shrugged, "I got directions from your Dad." He admitted.

"Oh," I sipped my coffee slowly that I've cradled in my hands before looking over at John, taking in his features, not wanting him to leave Tuesday morning, but he needs to, "We're still going to Cabos, right?" I asked, speaking of our spring break.

"I havent cancelled our reservations if thats what you mean. I want to go still, dont you?" John questioned, "I mean, we could work it out, I'm sure that you missing a week of school isnt gonna hurt. You're a fuckin' straight A student."

"I'll have to ask, just to make sure, but I still want to go."

A smile tugged on his lips, "Me, you, spring break weather, booze, and a bikini swimming suit, damn it's gonna be fun, I can hardly wait."

"You went without me last year." I pointed out.

"It wasnt my fault your Mom wouldnt let you go."

"We were going to Florida, you were invited to Florida with us but you turned it down for fuckin' Cabos."

"Hey, dont hate me." He muttered then he pulled into the parking lot that's used for people visiting the beach. He parked my car then looked over at me, "Wanna go take a walk with me?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"Yeah, you can wait here if you'd like, but I'm going with or without you." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes then got out. Shivering almost instantly as the cold morning ocean breeze blew against my face, "Holy hell, O'Callaghan!" I snapped as I looked over at my boyfriend, "Teddy bear, It's freezing."

He walked over to me, his cup of coffee in one hand and a blanket in the other, "Let's go find some place to sit down and cuddle."

I nodded, agreeing with that idea. We walked down to the beach then we walked along the shoreline, looking for a place to sit and talk. Finding a secluded spot, we sat down in the sand and John wrapped the blanket around the both of us as I sat between his legs.

Once the blanket was successfully blocking the wind from my cold body, John leaned his head down and kissed my neck softly, "I love you," He whispered.

"I love you, too." I replied.

"Where ever we settle down and decide to make babies at, it has to be near a beach." John muttered, "Look at this, it's beautiful. I'm a sucker for beaches."

"I know," I muttered.

"You know where it would be perfect?"

"Where?"

"Southern Oregon coast or Northern California coast. I like cold weather and the beaches there seem so much more ... empty, I guess." John paused for a moment, "It just seems more peaceful, that's all."

"Do you have a town in mind?"

"No, I dont."

"Oh," I leaned back into him more and closed my eyes, being exhausted, I'm usually not up at this hour on a Saturday.

Brushing his lips against my neck once more, he moved to my ear and sighed softly, "Can I ask you something, now?"

I nodded.

"Will you Marry me?" He whispered in my ear softly.

My eyes shot open as his words rang in my ears. I turned around and looked at him. He smiled softly then pulled out an engagement ring from his pocket, showing me. It wasnt in a box, because I'm guessing he didnt want me to know he had it with him, but even though it wasnt in a box, I knew exactly where the ring came from and what style it was.

I nodded, still shocked not thinking I would ever hear him ask me that. We've both just assumed that we were gonna get married on August fifth, we never talked about actually getting engaged, "Yes, I'll marry you."

John smiled happily as he tugged my promise ring off and slid the engagement ring onto the proper finger. Holding my promise ring up, he made a face, "Where are you gonna wear that?"

I took it from him and put it on my right hand ring finger, "There," I cupped his face and kissed him deeply, "It's official." I laughed.

He nodded, "You didnt think we were just gonna get hitched did you? Do you really think I'm that heartless, that I wouldnt actually ask you to be my Wife?"

"I just assumed." I muttered, looking at my ring then back at him, "It's beautiful."

"Yeah, well I got the hint after I opened my internet one day and my homepage was the Tiffany website with this page bookmarked."

I blushed, "I couldnt just tell you, that would be rude."

He laughed then kissed my lips, "I got the matching Wedding band back my house, I didnt think I to bring them both."

"Well, I dont need it yet." I pulled away from his lips then stared in his eyes, "You are full of surprises, Teddy bear."

"You have no idea, Ducky." He pushed some of my hair out of my face then caressed my face, "Listen, I know that Sean and I getting along would mean the world to you. I'm willing to give it another chance, if he is. If he can promise not to act like a jackass, I'm sure I would tolerate him enough to be around him, for you."

"Really?"

"Yeah," he sighed, rolling his eyes, "Really."

I hugged him tightly, "You're pretty much the best boy any girl could ask for."

He shook his head a bit but said nothing as he continued to hug me. Loudly, my cell phone interrupted our embrace. I pulled away and tugged my phone of out my pocket to see that it was a text from my Father.

"My Mom went into labor, they're on their way to the hospital." I said softly then shot my head up, looking at john, "We gotta go!" I exclaimed as I jumped to my feet then helped John to his, "Hurry!" I wailed as I started to run back to the car.

Following closely, John kept up with me with ease, not putting much effort into his running. Once I was at the car, I took the keys from John, since he doesnt know where the hell he's going.

As I sped to the hospital, I've came to the conclusion that this is one of the best days of my entire life. A fiance and a new little brother all in way day, who would've guessed?

-------------------------------------

Sitting in the maternity ward, waiting room. It was just Ted, myself and Sean waiting for the news that the baby had been delivered successfully. Only two people are allowed in the delivery room with Kathy and she wanted Danny and Peyton in there.

I guess she wanted to scare Peyton into not having kids, and if that's the case, hopefully it works for a few years. With my eyes focused on Ted, I watched as he colored on a piece of blank printer paper with a blue crayon.

Suddenly, Ted looked up at me, looking completely bored, "Can we go now?"

"No Buddy, we cant go yet." I sighed simply.

He put the crayon down before walking over to me and crawling up into my lap. Frowning softly, he spoke, "My Mommy is having a baby." He pointed out the obvious.

"I know." I nodded.

"When are you and Peyton gonna have a baby?"

I laughed, "Hopefully not for awhile," I assured, "You dont really want to be an Uncle yet, do you?"

"Yes."

"Yeah, I knew you'd say that. Peyton put you up to this?" I questioned.

"Nope," He shook his head with a cute grin, "You are gonna have a baby with Peyton?"

"Yes," I confirmed, "Just not now, in a few years."

Ted looked over at Sean then back at me, "That's my cousin, Sean."

"I know,"

"He plays basketball with me, but you're better at it than he is."

I held back a laugh then looked up at Sean before looking back at Ted, "Well, at least he plays basketball with you." I pointed out, "It's still fun, huh?"

"Yeah," Ted agreed then shifted around on my lap so he was sitting up better, "You're my brother, huh?" He asked, "Cause of Peyton."

"I'm not technically your brother yet," I shrugged, "I will be soon."

"That's so cool, I cant wait!" He cheered, "Then you can teach me baseball! Like you said you would."

I nodded, "Yeah, me and you will play baseball."

"You're on the baseball team, huh?"

"Yes, I am."

Ted turned around so he was looking at Sean, "Hear that!? Johno's on the baseball team, that's cool huh!?"

Sean nodded, "Yeah, that's really cool." He agreed, but he didnt look too thrilled to be honest. Maybe he's jealous at how close I am with Peyton's family, he shouldnt be because he is infact actual family, I'm just going to be married into the family.

Ted turned back around to me, "Can we go get food, I'm hungry."

"Yeah, we can walk down to the cafeteria." I nodded then he climbed off of my lap before I stood up. I took his hand in mine then looked over at Sean, "Want something?"

"No, thanks though." He muttered.

"If they come out before we get back, tell them where we went, ok?"

"Alright."

"Thanks," I muttered then walked away out of the waiting room.

"Bear!?" Peyton squealed, calling out my name.

I turned around just in time to see her hurry over to me, "He's here," She smiled happily, "And he's adorable."

"Is everyone ok?" I asked, "How's your Mom?"

"Everyone is healthy, except my Dad's hand," She laughed then she looked down at Ted, "We have a new baby brother."

Ted smiled, "Can I hold him?"

"Not now, in a bit you can." Peyton assured then she looked back up at me with a longing desire. She didnt have to say a single word, I knew what she wanted.

Running my hand through her hair, I smiled with a gentle nod, "Can I at least get freshman year of college?" I asked softly.

"Yeah," She answered then stood up on her tip toes, kissing my lips lovingly, "But just because I agreed to wait doesnt mean I'm not gonna stop talking about it." She informed me.

"Talk all you want, ducky." I insisted then kissed her once more before smiling, "Who does he look like?"

"Actually, right now he just looks like a little alien." She laughed, "But I think he's gonna look like my Dad, for sure."

"Well, I was just on my way to the cafeteria with Ted, wanna come with?" I asked.

She thought about it then nodded, "Yeah, let's go. I'm really thirsty, not really hungry, but thirsty."

"You didnt actually watch him come out did you?"

"No," She shook her head, "No I was comforting my Mother, I didnt look down there. My Dad did though,"

"I'm gonna look when you have our kids," I assured as I wrapped my arm around her shoulders while she took Ted's hand in hers, "I can stomach it."

"Ok, I believe you when you're not passed out on the floor."

I laughed as we slowly walked to the elevators. I kissed her temple gently then we all fell quiet, all of us caught up in our own thoughts about today's events and what the future holds for us. Needless to say, my future is looking pretty damn bright.