Beast and The Harlot

Chapter 22

"Caitlyn Lee Wilson, will you marry me?"

Jimmy opened a black box, the ring glistening up at me, the light catching it, causing it to baffle me even further.

My mouth moved as if I was talking, but I couldn't say a single thing.

Anything that would have been comprehendible, anyway.

I almost screamed, "Yes!" But something deep down wasn't content with what Jimmy just asked me.

He said I wasn't a whore.

But I was.

Which was the main reason I didn't say yes.

"I..I'll think about it," I squeezed his hand.

His eyes were then sad.

"But-" I held up a hand to stop him.

"I love you too, Jimmy..I want to marry you...But until I know whose baby this is, I won't marry you...Do you know how filthy I feel?" tears seared my eyes.

"Cait, you're-"

"No, Jimmy. I am...Which is why I don't feel like I deserve you," I whispered.

"Of course you deserve me, baby. Why do you think I asked you to marry me?" Jimmy's hands enfolded my face, his lips pushing against my forehead.

My lower lip quavered, and I shook my head.

Jimmy caught a tear that escaped with his thumb, his face sorrowed that I was upset.

"Don't cry, Cait," he took me into his arms, running his fingers through my straightened hair, pressing my skull to his chest.

"I can wait for you. I promise," Jimmy murmured into my ear, "will that work?"

I nodded into his shoulder, my eyes leaking like a faucet.

"Pregnancy hormones suck, huh?" he asked when I couldn't get a hold of myself.

"Yeah," I yelped, feeling mortified than shit.

"It's okay. I'm here," he soothed, rocking me as if I was a small child instead of a hormonal adult.

"I..I'm sorry I look like crap," I worked out a few words, knowing I looked like a garbage disposal.

"You don't..You took my breath away," he revealed.

I flushed hotly, my sudden sadness chipping away.

"Really?" I whispered, holding onto him like the floor had fallen from underneath me.

He was still on his knees, with me on the couch, arms around him weirdly.

"Yes," his lips covered mine, his tongue flicking my bottom lip.

I moved with him as he straightened his back, moving even closer.

"Can I do something?" Jimmy looked inquisitively into my eyes, his breath hagard.

"Sure," I shrugged slightly, smiling.

He put his ear to my stomach, putting his hands on my sides.

"I wanna feel the baby. If it's still not too small," he justified, then enveloping his arms around me.

I smiled, and then rested my chin on top of his head.

***

"Can I give you the ring?" Jimmy was behind me at the kitchen table, studying me as I cooked dinner.

"If you really want to," I said, turning to grin at him.

"Yay!" he sounded like a kid, bounding up and getting on one knee.

He took my hand and put the ring on properly.

Before he bombarded up with me in his arms.

"Jimmy! Please put me down!" I giggled.

"I love you, Cait," he didn't put me down, but set me on the counter by the stove.

"I love you too, Jimmy."

And the good thing this time, I devotedly meant it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments! Keep the Jimmy/Syn poll a'comin! hehe