Beast and The Harlot

Chapter 23

"Syn, are all you guys awake?" I heard Jimmy's voice from my fading slumber.

"I need you to come with me and Cait today...We've gotta go to the doctor. We're getting DNA tests," he confirmed decidedly.

What? I panicked in my mind.

I can't do that! What if it's not Jimmy's baby?

"Alright. I'll see you at Zack's house in a bit," he shut the phone.

I opened my eyes fearfully at him.

"What? Bad dream?" he took my hand in his.

"No...I heard what you said..." I was terrified.

"What's so scary about that?" Jimmy raised an eyebrow.

"I don't want to know who the father is yet! ...Oh God, Jimmy...What if it's not yours?" I sat up, keeping my eyes from his.

"That's what the tests are for, Cait..You'll never know if you don't check," he took my chin between his fingers, forcing me to look at him.

"But-"

He interrupted me with a body shaking smooch.

"We're gonna do this, okay? I'll be with you the whole time..And you don't have to worry. I'll stay with you no matter who the father is," he promised.

I gave a smile, then stood up.

"I'm getting bigger everyday!" I griped, covering my stomach.

"You're no bigger," he said with a chuckle.

"Bull! You're just being nice, Jimmy Sullivan!" I accused playfully.

"I am not," he crawled across the bed, then sat in front of me.

He pulled me into his thighs, putting his head on my tummy.

"You know, I'm almost sure the baby is mine," Jimmy said, certainty ringing from his tone.

I bit my lip, concerned that it wasn't.

"Oh, really?" I drove myself to sound happy.

"Yeah. It's gotta be."

***

"It's my kid..I just know it," Syn said, seated between Johnny and Matt.

"Dude, no it isn't. We all know it's going to be mine," Zacky contended hotly.

"Haha. You both are fucking hilarious. It's going to be mine," Jimmy bickered thoroughly.

"Would you guys like to wait outside, or stay?" Doctor Martin, a graying mid-fifties man with a shiny scalp, seeked, his eyes seeming astonished that five men had accompanied me to the clinic, and his posture showing he was getting irritated with the guys' arguing.

"Uhh...I guess we'll stay," Matt spoke for all of them.

Jimmy smiled at me, giving me a thumbs up, trying to encourage me.

I gave a nervous smile back.

Dr. Martin took out a device that looked like one of those table hockey puck things.

"This will let me see the baby...And how far along you are," he said cheerfully.

He nudged my shirt up to just under my bra, then smoothed some kind of cold cream onto my belly.

I jolted, and Dr. Martin laughed.

"Cold, isn't it?"

I nodded, glancing around the room at the guys either standing or sitting.

They all seemed to be holding their breath, sensing something big was about to happen.

When he was done, he wiped his hands onto his white coat, then began rolling the machine around my stomach.

He paused about an inch above my right hip, then moved over.

"There it is..There's your baby," he announced.

Shuffles of feet, and then five men peering at the screen like it was a swimsuit model.

"Looks to be about....Five weeks..Maybe six," he repeatedly swirled over the spot.

I looked at the baby, the sharp, sting of actuality slapping me in the face.

There was a baby inside of me, hardly bigger than a pear, nothing except a fraction of the head formed.

"OhMyGod," I whispered, a tear falling down the side of my face.

"Holy shit.." Syn blanched, and it seemed as if the guys were feeling the electrifying revolt as well.

"It's gotta be mine," Johnny stated, his sudden happiness making me want to reach out and smack the shit out of him, what with him being such a dick previously.

"It can't be. It's head kinda resembles me," Matt fought.

"You mean, you don't know who the father is?" Dr. Martin widened his eyes at me, then looked at Jimmy, Johnny, Syn, Matt, and Zack.

"Umm..No.." I looked away, disconcertment swimming in my empty stomach.

"Well, then..No one will know until we do the tests and get the results," the doctor insinuated, chiding the guys for acting like little boys.

Dr. Martin removed the object, then wiped me off tenderly before hitting a button that declined the chair.

"I need to ask you a few questions before we get started with the DNA testing.." the doctor sat in his spinning stool, taking out a clipboard.

"First off, who was the last one you slept with? I'm getting that it can be any of these men who are the father," Dr. Martin didn't look up from his notes.

I felt my neck flare up with heat, then navigated its way up into my cheeks.

"Umm...I don't..know?" I gave an oopsies? face.

"Hmm..Well, that's all I wanted to know...Let's get started," the doctor took out several swabs from a cabinet.

"Which one first?" he looked to the guys.

I looked to Jimmy, and his eyes were confident.

"I guess I'll go," he said, stepping up to the doctor.

Dr. Martin had him open his mouth, then circled the swab into Jimmy's mouth, taking saliva.

Then he put it in a baggy, and looked for another volunteer.

Syn went next, then Johnny, Matt, and Zack.

Finally, after my turn was over, the doctor wrote for a second before facing us.

"Now...You should expect your results around two weeks from today," Dr. Martin said in farewell.

I sat up, and Jimmy took my hand to help me.

"That sucked," Johnny said, stuffing his hands into his hoodie pocket.

"It wasn't that bad," Syn grumbled, fishing out his keys to his red Mustang V6.

"I'll see you guys later," Johnny and Zacky waved before getting into the car with Syn.

The screech of tires squealing on the pavement filled my ears momentarily before Matt said good bye.

"See ya around," he waved at Jimmy, then looked at me with a pained expression.

He got into his black Hummer, and was gone.

Jimmy put his arm around my shoulder, then led me to his silver Dodge Neon.

"You did good today," he said when we were on our way to my house.

I gave a grim smile.

I felt horrible.

I wanted it to be Jimmy's badly.

Yet, deep down, I had a feeling that it wasn't his.

Now I was being forced to find out who the real father was.
♠ ♠ ♠
^.^ Comments, Subscribers, and readers are loved! Hehe.