Status: .::Active::.

It's in Our Blood

Planning

I pour water over the plants. My hair was in a messy ponytail and my clothes had dirt on them from Quil tackling me to the ground. The herbs around me filled my senses. It was such a pure wafting scent that seemed to just clear the air of any animosity and tension. It was refreshing to say the least.

However one thing was quite suspicious. From time to time, the guys would all be whispering. My ears could only pick up insignificant phrases like “no.” Occasionally, they would all whack each other in the arm. Their emotions were pretty hushed up as well.

My hands shuffled through the sage, trying to find the best ones to pick out for Old Quil. Old Quil was delighted at the fact Nyx and I knew about different herbs and their properties. His boisterous warm laugh filled the room many times.

“How did it go with Bella today dude?” Embry slyly asked.

Jacob grunted in reply, pulling at a weed much harder than necessary. Quil whacked Embry in the head causing Embry to moan and gripe. Embry rubbed his head, trying to numb the pain inflicted on him.

“Idiot.” Quil mumbled.

“That stupid Cullen came.” Jacob forced out, “Didn’t even get to really talk to her.”

Jacob pulled on another weed. He was frustrated and was forcibly attempting to calm himself down. Embry had to remind Jacob to pick only the pungent leaves before Jacob tried to everything out.

“So Jacob…” Old Quil began, “Isn’t it that girl’s birthday coming soon?”

Jacob’s eyes lit up.

“Yeah!” he spun around facing Old Quil, “I’m going to get the best present for Bella. Something not even that Cullen can get her!”

“When’s her birthday?” I asked.

“Next week!” replied Jacob, his grin became infectious.

“What do you plan on getting her?” asked Nyx.

Jacob’s grin fell, “I don’t know…” A determined stare overcame him, “But it will definitely beat Cullen’s 100 times more!”

“Then get her something that’ll make her never forget you.” I whispered.

His sensitive hearing easily picked up my words. Jacob beamed at me, picking me up and swung me effortlessly around. I couldn’t help but to smile back. Jacob was so excited. He gave me a huge hug. A euphoria of emotion went through me.

“I got it, the perfect gift!” Jacob shouted, “Thanks so much Kari!”

“No problem Jacob.” I replied.

Jacob made a face, “Don’t call me Jacob. It’s Jake.”

“Alright… Jake.” The name easily rolled off my tongue, it felt right.

Jacob swung me around again. He gently placed me back on my feet.

“Any ideas on what you’re getting her?”

I stood silently. Nyx shifted towards me and Jacob.

“We don’t really know her too well yet.” She voiced, “It’ll take us a while to get her something decent.”

Jacob nodded understandingly.

“You going to plan a party for her?” Nyx asked, plucking the extra outgrowth of the stem.

“A party?” Jacob repeated.

“Yeah, it’ll show her how special she is to you.” elaborated Nyx.

Jacob looked at me, “Would you help me?”

“With the party?”

Jacob nodded, “It’ll be easier to have a female hand in creating a party for a girl.”

“I… Well…” I stuttered, looking at the ground.

I quickly glanced upwards. Jacob’s eyes pleaded to me.

“Fine.” I breathed out.

Jacob whooped and shouted. A sinking feeling overcame me. My hand grasped against the fabric of muddy shirt at my chest. I realized it wasn’t me. It wasn’t my own emotions. Jacob had suddenly stopped laughing, his shoulders fell down.

“Are the Cullens throwing a party for her?”

I winced at his tone. It was so venomous, envious and just completely disheartening.

Nyx shook her head, “Not that I know of, no. But if Edward finds out that you’re planning one for her, I wouldn’t doubt that he would plan a party.”

Jacob’s gaze became hard, “Then no one here is going to say a word.”

Nyx smiled reassuringly at Jacob. Jacob enthusiastically plotted and planned many different ideas for the party. Many times, Old Quil had to remind Jacob to pick only what was necessary and leave the maturing herbs alone. Embry and Quil got tired real quickly of Jacob’s ranting. Most of the plans were exhausting, elaborate and not to mention impossible. Jacob has a large imagination.

Night fell through soon. Billy Black had come by. His demeanor became harsher as he realized Nyx and I were there. It was nerve-racking. If he found out I was an amalgam, I honestly do not know what to expect. It scares me to think of what will happen. I don’t know if I’ll even be allowed to come to La Push. Nyx should be fine though. She’s an original werewolf. Or at least half anyways.

All of us left Quil and Old Quil at the shop and went home. Jacob and Embry offered to escort us home but we declined. There was no point for them to drive all the way across town and back. Both of them were disappointed. I’m not really sure about Embry but I’m pretty sure Jacob just wanted an excuse to go see Bella.

Speaking of Bella, her birthday is next Friday. That gave us a little more than a week to plan everything out. I’m sure Alice would allow Bella to hang out with Jacob on that day. Or at least, I hope so. She probably wouldn’t be that keen on it, but she might. Edward on the other hand… Nyx promised Jacob that she’ll keep him distracted. She was glad to have a reason to mess with Edward.

The next day finished really quickly. Nyx and I tried to avoid Bella and Alice. Just in case we accidentally let something slip. We have to carefully reveal to Alice that we’ve been to La Push. However, Nyx didn’t miss the any opportunity to play with Edward’s mind.

We purposely spoke in hushed indecipherable whispers near Edward. Edward inwardly fumed and his expression became cold. Nyx was delighted in pissing him off. We let little words like “Bella, kidnap, midnight” pop out. It was an interesting period. Edward worked hard to restrain himself from acting out. He even broke his chair, well the side of it.

Bella and Alice cornered us during lunch. They had talked to Trista beforehand to make sure we didn’t go any where. Oh did I mention that Stella and Jacky gave extensive orders to Trista and Kyle to make sure we didn’t go to work? Yeah, apparently we have a vacation until Monday and we’re only working on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.

It was a sad sight to see two short girls corner Nyx and I. They fumed at us, wondering why we avoided them. I personally thought we were very discreet in evading them. But maybe that’s just me.

“Explain now.” Alice demanded.

Quite contrary to her innocent appearance, Alice is frightening.

“Explain what?” Nyx asked.

Alice’s golden eyes narrowed, “Don’t you be all naïve. Why were you avoiding us?”

“No we weren’t.” countered Nyx, “We just didn’t have time to go talk to you.”

Edward was glaring fiercely at our backs.

“Can you tell your boyfriend Bella to stop staring at us?” asked an aggravated Nyx, “I know I’m amazing and all but he doesn’t have to be so blunt about it.”

My eyes widened at her words. If I wasn’t so good at self control, I would have burst out laughing. Bella was shocked at Nyx’s words and Alice just laughed at Edward’s blank face. Edward strolled on over.

“Bella, let’s go.” He tugged on her arm.

Surprisingly, Bella pulled her arm away and rebuked, “No.”

Edward was taken back by Bella’s action.

“I don’t see why they are such awful people.” She told him off, “If Alice thinks they’re cool, why can’t you? They aren’t a threat to me or anyone in general!”

Edward remained silent. Bella breathed in and out, attempting to calm herself. Her blood boiled, it was taunting us all. Her blood called to everyone. She really did not realize the effect she had on vampires did she?

I took a small step forwards, my throat dry. They all looked at me, but I didn’t care. I took another step forwards. My mind running all over the place. I couldn’t think straight. I wanted to drink. A little nagging buzz on the back of my mind countered the monster inside me. I closed my eyes.

A sudden refreshing sense of peace and serenity overcame me. My breaths came smoother and less jagged. My half dead heart slowed down. I looked up, noticing Jasper joining us. He wrapped his arms affectionately around Alice. I smiled at him. He fought himself, debating on whether or not to return the gesture.

“They really aren’t bad Edward.” Jasper told him.

Everyone looked at him, stunned.

“Fine.” Edward swallowed his pride, “Fine.”

Bella smiled, “Thank you.”

I glanced at Nyx, her eyes were cold. Her gaze went to the floor. An uneasy feeling swept into me. I’m scared for Nyx. She might just snap one day. Anyone who bottles up their feelings is in danger.

“You guys coming?” Alice asked.

Nyx and I lifted our heads simultaneously. “Coming where?”

Alice’s face fell. “You weren’t listening where you?”

Nyx sheepishly grinned, “I zoned out once that arse came.”

Edward gave Nyx a dead pan stare. I stifled a laugh. Nyx stuck her tongue out at Edward, pulling on the ends of her hair like a puffer fish. Alice gave a hint of a smile before becoming serious.

“Well, Bella is going to go to class. And we shall go have adventures in the mall!” Alice declared.

“But that means… That means I have to spend more time with that weirdo!” Nyx childishly pointed a finger at Edward.

“Yeah, yeah.” Alice brushed her off, “To the mall!!!”

Of course, Alice should’ve expected us running off once we reached there. We got along with Jasper quite well. Alice kept trying to drag us into stores to try on clothes, more specifically, ball gowns. As if we were going to go to a ball anytime soon, psh.

Nyx endlessly continue to prank Edward in the mall. Many times, both she and Jasper paid off random girls (and the occasional guys) to go jump and crowd Edward like obsessed fans. Edward had to resort to hiding in random places behind counters to avoid them. Jasper easily got along with Nyx.

Stella and Jacky pretty much stood outside of the stores, making sure Nyx and I didn’t go to work. I didn’t realize we were that bad. They had their metal bats on the side just for the fun of scaring people. It’s their guilty pleasure. Getting high on the fright of others.

Eventually, Alice gave up and just got us bags of clothing. She had huge bags, forcing Jasper and Edward to carry them. She bought as ball gowns that Alice is going to keep. Smart idea on her part, we would’ve probably just returned it half an hour later. I wonder why she bought those for us.

After an antic filled Friday with Jasper, Nyx and I headed down to La Push on Friday after school. We had exactly one week to get Bella’s party ready. Jacob had planned to use the beach for Bella’s party. There really wasn’t going to be any theme but the party was just to make everyone comfortable and at ease.

Jacob dedicated his entire being in planning Bella’s eighteenth birthday for her. It was really amazing. There was no way Edward can beat Jacob. Jacob is the most dedicated and determined person I’ve ever met. Bella is extraordinarily lucky to havesomeone people care about her that deeply.

I had gotten Bella a fang charm for her birthday. It was made of topaz, the same color as the Cullen’s eyes. White gold surrounded it and it could easily be attached to any necklace, bracelet or whatever she wanted to put it on. This way, it could remind her of both Jacob and Edward. It was pretty cheap compared to the present Jacob got her.

I’m not entirely sure about Jacob’s present but I did see him look through millions of jewels. He spent the entire weekend looking for a suitable present for Bella. Nyx went with Jacob many times to go search for something. Which reminds me… Nyx got tons of gag gifts for Bella. All of them relating to wolves. Yes, her goal is to piss Edward off with all the wolf accessories.

The school week was pretty mellow. Edward no longer stood all day giving us death glares. Instead, he tried to cope with Nyx’s antics by ignoring us. Literally just ignoring us and pretending we did not exist. Nyx wouldn’t let that happen though. More than once she had paid off people to jump Edward and “accidentally” drop her compass on Edward. Pointy tip head first.

Classes were pretty boring. We spent most of the time just doodling. Something about Mr. Vans was really weird. Out of place. He seemed to understand about mythological creatures on this really weird level. He was pretty accurate on those topics like vampires don’t sleep. Maybe I’m just reading too much into it and paranoia is getting to me.

Nyx and I kidnapped Bella right after fourth period. That way, Alice, Jasper, Edward, and/or Rosalie and Emmett can’t do anything about it. Or at least, I don’t think they can. I really don’t care if they had planned to do something on her birthday. Right now, the party was more important. A week of work takes a lot of effort.

The entire day before, all the Quileutes had pinched in to help. Even Bella’s father came to help. He approved Jacob over Edward. Chief Swan wrote a note for us to give to the principal, excusing Bella for the rest of the day. Let me be the first to say, Chief Swan is cool.

“What are you two doing?” Bella nervously asked.

Nyx tied the blindfold nice and tight around Bella’s eyes. I wrapped the rope firmly, just tight enough to secure her but not injure her. We were in the Janitor’s closet. Nyx finished and gave me a smirk. I gave her the thumbs up and we ran out, carrying Bella like a package.

Bella attempted to scream against Nyx’s hand. We dumped Bella in the back seat and drove off. Leaving a very confused Cullen family at Forks High. Get ready to have fun Bella!

…..

After we untie her that is.
♠ ♠ ♠
Greenhouse
I know... That was a filler chapter. Not the greatest update. =P Buuut... Birthdays are always fun. >3