Romance

Chapter 6

*Read Chapter 5 first...I posted that one about an hour ago!*

Gerard Way's Point of View

I went into the street carefully and got in the driver's seat of my car. I squealed softly as I put the keys in the ignition. I turned them and checked in my mirror to make sure that Frank had gotten into his car okay, and he had. My car was now on and I carefully pulled out into the street, and I watched for Frank's headlights in the mirror. He quickly pulled out behind me.

As I drove, I talked to myself, trying to calm myself down. I thought about Frank and about how I was already falling hard for him. He was beautiful and sweet, and he was just what I was looking for in a man.

I checked in my mirror occasionally to make sure that he was still there behind me. Each time I checked, he was, and it was a smooth ride back to my apartment. I parked in my reserved parking space, and Frank parked in the one behind me, which was for one of my guests. Frank was a very special guest.

I turned my car off quickly and checked my appearance in the mirror to make sure that I looked presentable. Then I got out of the car. I shut the door behind me and got on the sidewalk.

Frank got out of the car and looked up at my apartment building.

"Nice," he said.

"Thanks," I said, wanting so badly to hug him again, but I didn't want to push it.

Frank got on the sidewalk with me and I led him inside.

"I'm on the fourth floor," I said. "That's the highest one. It's still pretty high when you look out the window, though."

"I can tell," said Frank as I pressed the button to open the elevator. "My apartment is on the bottom floor of my building. It's not nearly as nice as this, though."

"I'm sure it's better looking," I said as the elevator door opened.

"It's not, believe me," said Frank as we got in the elevator.

I smiled and pressed the button for my floor. As the elevator went up, I looked at the buttons of the elevator, trying to distract myself from the beautiful sight that was next to me. I didn't want him to think that I was staring at him, I really didn't.

The elevator soon stopped and the doors opened. I led Frank to my apartment door. I took out my keys and opened the door.

"Wow," said Frank as soon as he walked in. "This is beautiful."

"Thanks," I said. "My wallet doesn't think so, though. It costs me an arm and a leg to live here. Now more than ever."

"Really?" Frank asked as I closed the door behind us. "Why?"

"The landlord just raised my rent."

"Aww, that sucks."

"I know, doesn't it?"

I gently rubbed Frank's back before going over to my coffee table and putting the keys down. Frank was smiling when I turned around and looked at him.

"Have a seat," I said, gesturing to the couch that I was now standing by.

Frank came over and sat down. I sat down beside him.

"Make yourself at home," I said. "Do want something to drink or eat or anything?"

"No thanks, I'm good," said Frank.

"Okay. Let me know."

Frank smiled at me.

Was this man for real? He was so perfect. His smile was enough to give me an erection to last a life time.

"Thanks," he said. "I forgot to ask you, this might sound really random, but I'm just curious as to how old you are."

"Uh…Well…This is a bit embarrassing, but…I'm thirty-one."

"Really?" asked Frank. "You don't look it. Why are you embarrassed?"

"Because I'm still single. Most people are married at this age, you know what I mean?"

"Aw, don't be embarrassed. You just haven't like…I don't know, found the right person yet. And neither have I. I'm twenty-six. I just think that people these days are just way too quick to get married, and then they wind-up getting a divorce."

"That's really true."

"Do mind if I ask you something else?"

"No, go right ahead."

"Can you tell me about your past relationships?"

"Well, there really isn't that much to talk about, actually," I admitted shamefully. "I was with a guy for about three years, but he was hardly ever around because he liked to travel, so I hardly ever saw him. There were days that passed by that I forgot that I even had a boyfriend. So then finally…I couldn't deal with it anymore, so…I left him."

Frank moved closer to me.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I was with this guy for about a year, and then he cheated on me," said Frank, looking at my legs.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Don't be. He was a jerk. He was so fuckin' full of himself. He loved himself more than he loved me."

"I hate guys like that. That's how my ex was, too. He wanted to travel so bad, and he didn't care about what I thought about it."

"Why didn't he take you with him?"

"He said that I would be a burden."

"Are you serious? What an ass! I don't see how you would be a burden to anyone! I would be happy to take you around the world with me!"

I smiled. I could see that Frank had told me a little more than he wanted to, which I found to be so cute. I moved as close to him as possible while sitting down and put my arm around him.

Frank smiled and put his arm around my lower back. My body got a tingly sensation in it, because I was so happy.

"So um," I said, "yeah. The guy that I went on a date with a few nights ago was one of those guys that might be like your ex. I wouldn't say that he was full of himself, but he thought that he was too good to ride in a taxi."

"Pssh. That sounds just like Dylan. Just like him. I used to say that he was a diva."

"Ha ha. That's how Jake was."

"And he left you to hang-out with some huge guy?"

"Yup. This guy had fuckin' orange hair, too."

"Geez. You're better off without this guy, believe me."

"I think so, too. And you yourself are better off with someone who actually appreciates you and not just himself."

Frank rested his forehead on mine.

"Thanks," he whispered.

"No problem," I whispered back.

I could hear his heart thumping hard against his chest, and he could probably hear mine. Frank put his free hand on my leg and we removed our foreheads from each other and looked into each other's eyes once again. My eyes involuntarily traveled down to his lips, and when I looked back into his eyes, Frank took the hint and we moved our heads closer together and I tilted my head slightly. We were just about to kiss; Our lips were just about to touch when the worst thing happened. My phone rang.

I groaned and moved away from Frank's face. Frank sighed softly.

"I'm so sorry," I said.

"Don't worry about it. You should answer that," said Frank.

He removed his hand from my leg and removed his arm from around me. I didn't remove my arm from around him. It was a good thing that the cordless phone was on the table from the last time that I used it. I picked it up and pressed the red button.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, it's Mikey," said the voice on the other end.

"Hey," I said, starting to gently run my fingers through Frank's hair. "What's up?"

"Nothing. I have to tell you something funny. Are you busy?"

"Um, yeah."

"You are?"

"Yeah Mikey, I am."

"Are you with a guy?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Really? In your apartment?!"

"Yup."

"Oh my God, Gee, that's amazing! Alright, I'll let you go then."

"Thanks. 'Bye, Mikey."

"See ya."

I pressed the red button again, ending the call.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized again.

"It's okay, don't worry about it," said Frank.

"I'm going to go and hang this up," I said.

"Okay," said Frank.

However, I took his hand and took him to the wall where the phone's base was. I put the phone on it and turned around to look at Frank.

"Be grateful that you don't have a little brother," I said.

"Really? I always wanted a brother," said Frank.

"No you don't, trust me."

Frank smiled.

"Well, then again, Mikey was the one who told me that E-Harmony was allowing homosexuals to use it, so I guess it's a good thing that I have him," I said.

"Really? That's good. I was so happy when that happened. They finally…'Accepted' us, so to speak," said Frank. "I'm glad that I went on that website to try it out."

"Me too," I replied, looking at Frank. "I was getting really sick of being alone."

Frank moved closer to me and hugged me. I hugged him back.

"I don't want you to feel alone," he said softly. "You're a really great guy."

I looked down at Frank.

"So are you," I replied just as softly.

Frank looked up at me deeply. He then smiled softly and I smiled back. Frank glanced at my lips, and I took that as hint. I leaned down slightly and Frank leaned up and tilted his head. Our lips touched. I gently grabbed his lips with my own and held them there for a few seconds, and we did that two more times before separating our lips.

The kiss was not even thirty seconds long; In fact, it wasn't even a full-blown kiss, but still, at that moment, I knew. I knew that I was in love with Frank and that he was the one that I wanted to be with.

Frank tightened his grip around me and I did the same to him.

"I really like you," I said. "I'm going to do my best to make this work."

"Me too," said Frank. "I like you a lot."

I gently kissed his forehead, took his hand, and started leading him back to the couch with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kept my promise ^_^