Where Will I Be When I Wake up Next to a Stranger

I'm Supposed To Love You

Black Friday. The most anticipated and most dreaded day of the year. Jonathon planned at last minute both Katherine and him would take part of this day. Mainly to get her mind off of whatever seemed to bother her these days and a little bit because he wanted to go shopping with her again. Katherine wrapped her black scarf tighter around her neck as the doors to Best Buy started to open.

“So what are you going to get your lover?” Jonathon asked as they were checking out the cameras.
“One, he’s not my lover. Two, should I even get him anything? That wouldn’t be creepy right?” She asked as she picked up a dark silver camera.
“Okay fine, what are you going to get your boyfriend that isn’t creepy or anything?” Jonathon asked as Katherine grabbed a boxed camera and set it inside the basket and they moved onto small TV’s to go into Amity’s room.
“I don’t know.” Katherine shrugged and searched through some rather girly decorated TV’s.
“Get him something he’d like?” Jonathon suggested as Katherine asked someone about a light blue TV that would fit Amity’s room perfectly.

The assistant brought her a price tag to purchase the TV up at the register.

“Who knows what the guy likes. Oh and he’s not my boyfriend by the way.” Katherine basically scolded as they went to the DVD and CD section.

Jonathon picked out some DVD’s and CD’s while Katherine did the same, hopefully picking out some CDs that Peter would like.

“If we don’t get the fuck out of here now, I swear to god I’m going to kill someone.” Katherine sighed as a woman bumped her and didn’t apologize when Katherine did.

They made their way through the crowd to a barely full checkout stand, paying together rather than paying separately.

“I think being up this early, and it being so fucking cold, means we should go to Starbucks.” Jonathon said as he carried two bags and they made their way to his black Jetta.
“Then where to after that?” Katherine asked as they packed their bags and boxes.
“Macy’s.” Jonathon nodded to himself as they sped off to Starbucks.

---

“I think I’ve spent almost one grand on that child.” Katherine sighed to herself as they both ultimately ended up at the House Of Blues for lunch.
“Yet you still want to spend more.” Jonathon smiled as he stirred his margarita.
“Motherly instinct I suppose.” Katherine smiled as well as she sipped on her water.
“So, honestly about this Pete thing…You told me about the dates and what not but what’s your intake on all of this? I know I’m not a relationship professional but is it really all that healthy to go from an abusive relationship to a better one in less than month?” Jonathon questioned as Katherine understood where he was coming from.
“I don’t know Jonathon. I’m really happy around him. Is it messed up if I do end up in a relationship with him? I feel like everything is going so fast…But in the long run why does any of that matter if I’m happy?” Katherine fought with herself about right and wrong.
“Who cares about right and wrong…If you’re happy then keep doing what you do. Fuck what anyone else thinks or believes in.” Jonathon grinned before he took a long drink from his margarita glass.
“Yeah…” Katherine smiled to herself, glancing at her hands, recalling how it felt to kiss Peter and finally noticing how much she missed his goofy smile in the matter of a couple of days.

---

At exactly 7:09 A.M on the 1st of December Katherine’s phone went off loudly, scaring her at first before she fumbled trying to hit the send button.

“Good morning.” Peter’s gravelly voice greeted on the other line as Katherine couldn’t help but smile.
“Hi Peter.” She murmured quietly, trying to wake herself up.
“Whatcha doing?” He asked as she gave a small laugh.
“What most people do on their day off at seven in the morning?” She responded, turning over and getting more comfortable, deciding against getting up.
“Should I ask why you’re even awake right now?” Katherine asked as she closed her eyes, making sure she didn’t fall completely asleep.
“Well in New York they are one hour ahead…But I doubt that’s why I’m awake. It’s probably the fact that I want to ask you out on another date.” Peter explained as Katherine yawned, seeming bored with the conversation, but rather just very tired.
“Can I know where you’re taking me this time Mr. Wentz? Wait a minute you’re in New York?” Katherine asked two questions at once as she tried very hard not to fall asleep to his soft voice.
“We’re going to a carnival of course, and yes I’m in New York City, and I’ll be home by three. So I was thinking we could go around five? Oh and I wanted Amity to go too. And if Jonathon wanted to go he could too…” Peter rambled on as Katherine dozed off for a moment.
“Katherine?” Peter asked as Katherine woke up again.
“Sorry…I fell asleep…I heard what you said…Jonathon would love to go. And of course Amity would too. Oh, and five sounds great.” Katherine mumbled as Peter laughed.
“You’re cute when you’re tired. I’ll let you sleep and call you later.” Peter said as he hung up without waiting for a response.

But Katherine didn’t seem to mind as she just let the phone slide down her cheek and onto the bed as she fell asleep again.

---

“Does this dress make me look…Awkward?” Katherine asked Jonathon as she twirled around in a purple sundress that had flowers on it.
“No, you look fine.” He said automatically, without even glancing at her, paying more attention to a magazine.
“Jonathon.” Katherine snapped as he finally looked up at her and his eyes widened.
“You look stunning.” He said as he tossed the magazine aside and stood up.

Katherine had her hair in a half pony tail, with her brown hair curled, so that is barely went past her collar bone. She had barely any makeup on, just foundation and lipstick. There was a knock at the door as Amity ran to get it, dressed in jean capri’s and a purple dress shirt with a white long-sleeved undershirt. Pete walked in with a band t-shirt and black skinny jeans. His make-up done the usual but his hair stood up a bit, and laid on the right side of his head. When Peter looked at Katherine, he pushed his hair out of his face and grinned at her.

“We’re gonna ride every single right, twice.” Amity said as Katherine zipped up her sweater and grabbed her own black pea coat.

They all piled into Jonathon’s black jetta, Peter sitting in the back with Amity.

“Why do you have your hair up like that?” Amity asked Peter quietly as Katherine messed with the radio dials.
“Because it’s fashion.” Pete shrugged as Amity asked what fashion was.
“Clothes, makeup, hairstyle.”
“Where can I get some fashion?”
“Peter don’t teach her these things, she’s barely even four.” Katherine scolded as she looked at him through her makeup mirror.

Peter looked at Amity and stuck his tongue out at her as she giggled. Amity stuck her tongue out back as Peter made a face at her, crossing his eyes. Amity covered her mouth in a fit of laughter as Katherine turned around and saw Peter’s face. Katherine quirked an eyebrow as Pete quickly pointed at Amity.

“She started it.” Pete said childishly as Amity’s mouth dropped.
“I’m not sure who’s older back there.” Katherine said as she smiled to herself and turned back around.
“I’m not sure either.” Amity said as Peter made a high pitch sound as Jonathon laughed at him.

Jonathon made a sharp turn into the fair ground, throwing everyone to the right.

“Let’s do that again!” Amity giggled as she clapped her hands.
“Please, never again.” Katherine sighed as she thought she was already use to his driving, but apparently not.

A new feature to the fairgrounds had a huge dome enclosing all of the rides, so that the carnival could come around every season. The dome’s roof could even be opened if the weather was nice. Jonathon parked as close as he could and they all started to get ready to go inside. Katherine decided against bringing anything with her, leaving her warm pea coat inside, and leaving Amity’s sweater. Katherine picked Amity up and held her with her left arm, and closed both their doors with her right. As they all walked to get inside, Pete’s hand slipped into Katherine’s right, and made her smile.

“I’m paying for everyone, so no one has to worry about shi – a thing.” Peter caught himself as he began to fish out enough money to pay for the four of them.
“Thank you Peter.” Katherine grinned as they all got bracelets.
“Yeah, you didn’t have to pay for mine.” Jonathon smiled as Pete shrugged it off.

Once inside Katherine set Amity down and she began pointing at everything, “ooo”ing and “ah”ing at all the rides and bright lights.

“What should we ride first Amity?” Peter bent down to ask her.
“Hmm…That!” Amity looked around in thought, and then pointed at a huge carousel.

The four of them hurried into the line, Amity skipping all the way with a huge smile on her face.

---

After riding the scrambler, tornado, tilt-a-whirl, and other various rides, they all sat down to eat. While Katherine and Peter got their own corndog, Jonathon shared a medium pizza with Amity. Jonathon and Peter started talking about Christmas and what they did for Thanksgiving as Katherine helped Amity with her pizza, and finished her corndog.

“How was your Thanksgiving?” Peter asked Katherine as he had yet to hear about what had happened.

Jonathon glanced nervously at Katherine before sipping on his soda.

“I’ve had…Better.” Katherine finally said.
“Gramma yelled at mommy a lot.” Amity butted in as Katherine bit her lip.
“It’s a long story.” Katherine said as she preoccupied herself with her nails.

There was a silence at the table before Jonathon broke it.

“So, anyone ready for the Ferris wheel?”
“Ooo, me me!” Amity smiled as she kind of wiped her greasy hands on a napkin.

Katherine smiled at her effort, but cleaned Amity’s hands herself. As they all cleaned up the table, Katherine noticed that the Ferris wheel only seated two people. Katherine glanced at Jonathon, but he just wiggled his eyebrows at her.

“Amity do you want to ride with mommy or…?”
“Nope, I want to ride with Jonathon.” Amity smiled as she grabbed his pant leg.
“Oh, okay.” Katherine smiled as she turned back around to Peter and he smiled back.

On the Ferris wheel, Katherine and Peter got on first. With the seat being small, their thighs touched, but neither bothered to say anything about it.

“So I take it that your Thanksgiving was rather…Disastrous.” Peter tried to find the words as Katherine faintly smiled.
“Yeah…You see, after my mother died, Linda, my grandmother, blamed it on my father and I guess me. Saying my father could have helped her much more than he did…But in reality there really wasn’t much to do for my mom. She was so far gone from ever being able to get treatment. My dad just hoped that he and I was enough to save her…I don’t know, maybe it was our fault…” Katherine sighed as the ride started to move, full of passengers.
“Anyways, she unexpectedly shows up out of nowhere, after 15 years of barely being in touch. Then she lays out this bullshit that she only wants the best for me so I don’t end up like my mom. Before she left, she told me it was my fault my mom killed herself. But whatever…How was your Thanksgiving?” Katherine asked quickly to try and get her mind off of everything.
“Mine was okay. Awkward family matters and uncomfortable clothing. But other than that, it was fine.” Peter said, gladly being her distraction.
“For the record…I highly doubt your mother’s death has anything to do with you or your father. From what you told me, she just seemed like a very troubled person. Like you said, she was probably beyond help, and no one should take or be blamed for what happened, because it won’t make the matter any better.” Pete put his opinion in there as Katherine grinned at him.

Without thinking, she leaned over and kissed his cheek in excitement. Pete lifted his hand to the spot she kissed on his cheek and she blushed madly.

“That really wasn’t supposed to happen.” Katherine mumbled as Peter grinned cheesily.

Before he could say anything the ride came to stop, and they were let off. Then Amity and Jonathon were. After riding and re-riding previous ones, they all decided it was time to go get an ice cream at McDonald’s. They sat in a booth, Amity still clinging to Jonathon, and ate their soft cones. Other than some small talk, there wasn’t much conversation until Katherine took Amity to the bathroom to clean up.

“Hey, Pete…” Jonathon started as Pete gave him his full attention.
“I know Katherine could be stubborn and even a bitch, but let me beat her up instead, okay?” Jonathon said quietly, hoping to get his point across.
“I understand.” Pete nodded as he finished his cone, throwing the small wrapper away.

They said little to each other, waiting for Katherine and Amity to come back so they could leave. In the jetta, it was oddly quiet as Katherine turned on a Green Day CD lowly. Katherine turned around to check on Amity and noticed that she was asleep on Pete’s arm. Pete smiled at Katherine and moved some hair out of Amity’s face. When they arrived at Katherine’s house, Jonathon stood outside with Peter as Katherine went inside to put Amity in bed.

“Look what I did just for you…” Jonathon said as he pointed at the arch in the doorway, and grinned.

Peter grinned in return and asked him when he put it there. Jonathon simply said when he was waiting for everyone to leave that he leaned on the arch, taping it there.

“Very, very sneaky. I would of never though of that.”
“Well I figured I should help you out in the way I know how.” Jonathon said before he excused himself to go sit in his car.

Peter shoved his hands in his pockets and leaned on the side of the house, debating on what he should say, considering this was their third date. It seemed like everything was fine, but what if Katherine didn’t want a relationship? What if she decided they were better as ‘just friends’? Peter thought about how bad that would mess him up. Not only did he already have sleeping problems, but if she decided this couldn’t work out whatsoever, he’d probably lose himself entirely, at least for a while. He ran his hand along his left wrist, remembering what he resorted to as a teenager. Barely seeing the scars now under the moonlight, but remembering exactly how it felt. Katherine opened the door unexpectedly and he noticed she changed into a hoodie and sweats.

“Sorry about Amity, I didn’t think she’d fall asleep in the car.” Katherine apologized as she shut the door quietly behind her and leaned on it.
“I didn’t mind. She’s very cute, so it didn’t bother me.” Pete smiled as she stood in front of her.
“I like your hair like that…It fits you.” Katherine told him as she played with a piece of it.
“Same goes to you.” Peter grinned as he pulled at one of her curls, making it bounce back into the same place.
“So…” Peter started; his mind and heart were racing at a million miles per hour.
“Tonight was really nice.” Katherine smiled as she unclipped her hair and let it fall around her face.

Peter leaned his left arm on the door, making them even closer. Katherine looked anywhere but his face and noticed mistletoe at the top of the door frame.

“Mistletoe…” Katherine pointed out as Pete glanced at it.

At that moment, Katherine could care less about what her grandmother thought, or what anyone thought and kissed Pete herself. Not waiting for him to kiss her. His right hand held her face still as his left went to her ribcage, pulling her to him so their chests were touching. They didn’t kiss just once but more than four times before they pulled apart. Katherine was the first to pull away, and smile.

“Goodnight Katherine.” Peter smiled back as he stepped away casually to Jonathon’s car since he was getting a ride home from him. Katherine went inside and ran upstairs, giggling to herself like she just had her first kiss ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
When I proofread this chapter, I smiled at the end. Hah. Crazyness.
School starts in exactly one week.
Go juniors !
:P