The Hardest Part Is Letting Go of Your Dreams

"We're Even."

* Zanda's POV *

The sun was inching toward the horizon as Gerard stood in shock. "Yes," was all he said. I nodded and we started again toward the 'tour bus'.
"Don't worry, I won't say anything. I'm not stupid," I said. I looked over at him in time to see relief sweep over his face. " Thanks." "You're welcome," I said.
"Look, I don't think he likes me back, so I'm not gonna get in between you two," He said suddenly, looking at me with pleading eyes to understand. I nodded. I believed him. I didn't really know him, but I believed him. We walked the rest of the way in comfortable silence.
"There you guys are!" said Frank as we walked through the door.
"He didn't molest you did he?" asked Ray with a playful look in his eyes. I just now noticed how fucking big his hair was. I had an urge to play with it.
"I have an urge!" I said. I looked around. The MCR guys were looking at me like I was a basket case, the other members of FX were looking slightly frighted, and I heard Jazz mutter, "Oh, God. "
"What's your urge, Z?"asked Jazz.
I pointed at Ray who said, "Should I be afraid?"
"I want to play with your hair!" I practically yelled. When i get an urge, there's almost no stopping it. I ran at Ray who backed into the counter thing and covered his face as I started poking, tugging, fluffing, messing, and even braiding once I got him to calm down and sit down. It was fun!
Gerard realized it was 9:30pm by the time I'd gotten done with Ray's 'fro and we all finished talking and messing around and said they had to go. We said ' Good bye ' and ' See ya tomorrow ' and stuff as they walked out the door.

* Jazz's POV *

The guys from MCR went home and me, Zanda, Keel, and Tay just looked at eachother. A sudden burst of memory hit me and I yelled, "WE PLAYED WARPED TOUR!!" This was greeted by screams and a "HELL YEAH!" from Keel.
After that outburst, we just hung out. Z, Tay, and Keel read thier books from home and I entertained myself by drawing the only thing I could: Willow trees. They didn't even look like real willows, but I drew them.
Keel and Tay were always the ones to go to bed first, it's the way they were. 'You'd think they were sisters if you didn't know them 'cause of the weird things they have in common,' I thought.
Z and I talked a little bit but mainly just continued our preferred entertainment. we went to bed at around 11:00pm somehow exhausted but not tired.
Our bunks were right acroos the walkway from eachother. we both layed on our sides, talking.
"Ya know, I miss the times when we were younger." she said suddenly.
"I know what ya mean. I remember the time we met." I mused. "We sat next to eachother in 3rd grade. I needed to burrow your scissors. Those little red scissors were a miracle."
"What do you mean?" Zanda asked.
"Well, those little scissors are what got us talking to eachother," I said.
"Well, we probably would have become friends anyway. We sat next to eachother and you know we were talkative." I pointed out.
"Yeah," she said with a small smile. "I remember when you got that scar on your left leg."
"Yeah. I was swinging my legs over the edge of the tailgate on the truck. Your mom was backing up, and she went too far and backed into the rabbit's cage that was on the ground at the time." I said, staring out into space, remembering.
"I yelled, ' MOM! STOP! JAZZ'S LEG! ' " she laughed a little, probably remembering how squeeky her voice was back then.
"Bitch!" I said throwing one of my stuffed animals at her. "What?" she said, thoroughly confused at why I suddenly called her a bitch.
"You didn't yell loud enough!" I said, laughing. This caused her to laugh to.
"Dammit you guys shut the fuck up!" said a very irritated Keel from the bunk above me. 10 seconds later she was back asleep.
"My leg was smashed into the cage making a huge gash on my leg. I still have that scar. Wasn't that the summer before 5th grade? Or was it before 4th?"
"I can't remember." she replied.
There was silence for a while as we thought about the good times we'd had.
"I remember that one time you almost broke my nose in Wal Mart," she said quietly, not wanting to wake anyone else up.
"We were looking at cameras and one of them was stuck on it's chord thingy." I started.
"You pulled and it came loose and hit me in the nose! Bitch!" She threw the stuffed animal back at me and said, "You pulled too hard!"
I laughed softly at her copycat.
"Thank you," she said suddenly. Man, that girl is random tonight!
"For what?" I asked.
"For everything."
"Define everything." I replied.
"You were there for me. When my parents got fed up with me when we were in high school, you were there for me even if your parents weren't," she whispered.
My parents had said they didn't want Z coming to live with us. She had nowhere else to go. So we pulled our money together from anywhere there was some and got a beat down appartment together.
"No big deal." I said dismissivly.
"Way big deal! You used all the money you had to leave your house, your nice two story house to come live with me in the most scum infested appartment there is out there!" she retaliated.
"And you gave me the rest of your money to buy myself a new guitar after my old got stolen. " I said. " We're even."
Z got out of bed and just came over and gave me a hug. Then she started crying softly, which made me cry too. We were breaking down! that's not supposed to happen! But it did.
"I'm so glad we're friends.You make me smile. I love you," she said thickly.
"Ditto, darling. Making you smile is my job. I love you too."

((A/N: they are just friends! it's sisterly love people! ))