The Hardest Part Is Letting Go of Your Dreams

Witness

* Zanda's POV *

I ran off stage after I'd played keyboard for Jazz and Ray. I walked over to where Bob was.
"Hey, where're Gerard and Frank?" I asked as we started walking to the bus.
"Dunno, I'm gonna go the other way though, I need to....go." he said.

"All right, see ya!" I continued walking towards the bus. I was walking along the side towards the door, but something on the other side of the glass window in the bunk area caught my eye.

Frank and Gerard were kissing! I stood there for a second, but hurried to the door when they broke apart and Gerard said something I couldn't hear. I decided not to say anything, I mean, who would? I have to admit though, I was a bit pissed. I was happy for them, but still wish that Frank was with me. Well, that's what you get, I guess. Dunno what for, but I guess.

I opened the door, trying to make as much noise as possible so nothing was akward when I walked in. I took off my shoes (bus rule) and dropped them from shoulder height letting them hit the linoleum. Or whatever was in a tour bus besides carpet.

They walked out of the bunk area, both with redder than normal cheeks, but I didn't notice, remember?

"Hey, guys. What's up?" I asked, casually.
"Oh, nothing much. Me and Frank here were just talking," said Gerard, rubbing the back of his neck. 'Sure,' I thought.

I sat on the couch and grabbed Frank's Harry Potter book. He'd gotten a lot further than he was a few days ago. He snatched the book away from me before I could open it up.

"No touchy the Harry Potter book without permission," he warned pointing a finger at me.
"Fine," I said holding my hands up and surrendering as he sat beside me and flipped to his page to start reading again.

I decided to bug him. "What page ya on?"
"501."
"Damn it! Harry already kissed Cho back on page 457!" Just to annoy him, I quoted the page.

"He could not think. A tingling sensation was spreading throughout him, paralizing his arms, legs and brain...."
Frank had joined me by now, still keeping his eyes on the page in front of him.
"She was much too close. He could see every tear clinging to her eyelashes..."

Yes, we even said the words "Dot. Dot. Dot," at the end.
"You two are such dorks!" said Ray, walking to the big chair and sitting down. Apparently he'd stood in the doorway with the others, listening.

"Yup!" I said.
"I thought you'd never read Harry Potter?" said Frank, finally tearing his eyes off the page.
"Oh, I was testing you. See how much of a Harry Potter nerd you are. Turns out, you're as bad as me!" I said, cheerily.
"Have you memorized page 533 in the 6th one?" he asked me.

"Of course!"
"What happens on page 533?" asked Jazz as she sat on Ray's lap.
"Read the book and find out!" Frank teased.

We both giggled, the others looking at us weirdly. We all just thought or talked. I was sitting next to the guy who I'd dreamed of and fallen in love with, and he fell in love with one of my best friends. Well, I've still got Jay and Jazz. Hehe, their names both start with J. I wonder how Jayda's gonna take it when she finds out. She'd told me the other night in a whispered conversation that she really liked him. None of us was homophobic, we'd all talked about that a while back, so she shouldn't take it too hard.

But it hurt so much. They'd be flirting, dangling what we'll never have in front of us. It's worse than abandonment. I decided to go for a walk and take Jay with me.

"I'm going for a walk?" I anounced while standing up. And the weird thing is, even if Gee and Frank are now "together", he said, "I'll go with." But I shook my head and asked Jayda to come with. She said yes, of course. I got a jacket and a flashlight.

As we walked off the bus I asked Jayda to start casual conversation, "Why is everyone on the bus after making the 'No being in the bus unless it's important, you're sleeping, or there's a meeting so all of us aren't crammed together' rule? Even the people who agreed to it usually don't follow it."

She laughed a little. "Yeah, maybe we just like eachother's company." She wasn't very talkitive tonight. Maybe... she. I'll ask just in case.

"Hey, Jay?" She looked me in the eye.
"Did you by any chance see-" I took a deep breath. "Gerard and Frankie kiss?"

((A/N: I don't own harry potter or anything, i'm just a nerd who used Frank's liking for the books as an excuse to quote a page in our story. that's all))